You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-08-07 03:13:57

DEE

Blinded by the sun

Hi All

I know this sounds REALLY stupid  :oops:

I was driving early Wednesday evening and the sun was just blinding me  :x
I was wearing quite dark sunglasses too  neutral
It was so bad that I had to slow right down as I couldn't even see the car in front of me  yikes
It was actually quite scary. I honestly couldn't see a thing. Is there anything else I can do apart from the usual pull down the sun visor and wear sunglasses. I have done these as still couldn't see.... yikes yikes
Does anyone have any helpful tips.....PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Oh and I have tried highering my seat too so that I am closer to the sun visor but that didn't help either  yikes

Thanks in advance

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

10-08-07 03:13:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Blinded by the sun

#2 10-08-07 16:58:08

kev elliott

Dee,
Some tips that may help

Keep you windows clean inside and out
Avoid looking directly into the sun
If the sun visor is to high for you some extensions are available
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … ryrn_31394

Be aware of the suns position even when it is behind you, consider putting your headlights on if you think it would help oncoming traffic to see you.
If you cannot see the car in front of you the car behind you maynot be able to see you - extend your stopping distance to allow for this, consider your headlights again.

If you have photochomatic lens these may not darken as quickly as normal as some car windows block UV light which causes the changes. 

Rayban sunglasses do a version where the top of the lenes are very, very dark these may help. THey are called Aviators I think, other sunglass makers will have similar models.

Hope this helps.

PS if you cannot see it is not safe to drive so pull over and wait for the sun to move if all else fails!

#3 24-08-07 10:47:41

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

And don't forget that with the sun BEHIND you, oncoming drivings face a similar situation so be on the alert.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer