You are not logged in.

#1 07-08-07 20:56:53

butt2
Verified Member

First Check Test

Well I only qualified on April 20th this year and then I am up for first check test!

Took it yesterday and did a lesson on Use of Mirrors and then Observation & Anticipation to Aid Planning.

Still tender from my Part 3 experiences I was more than a little nervous but felt that I gave a pretty good account of myself.

Got a Grade 4 and I content with that although i know I could have done better.

Anyway hopefully they will leave me alone now to learn my trade and gain expereince before my next one.     

07-08-07 20:56:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Check Test

#2 10-08-07 08:53:25

New Girl
Verified Member

Well done Butt!  Its a nerve racking experience.  Its probably done you good to have one early on because it gives you reassurance that you going in the right direction.  It was 2 year before my first check test!

#3 10-08-07 11:24:26

pj
Verified Member

Well seeing as you only qualified in April you did well to get a 4 and not have it classed as an educational...so well done big_smile

Did the SE give you any advice? if so what did they say.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 10-08-07 15:52:27

Wacky
Verified Member

Well done Butt2.... as has been said above I think having your first Check Test nice n early is a blessing cos you still remember your trainer's words of wisdom. I hope the SE gave you some helpful feedback to add sparkle to your lessons too!!

#5 10-08-07 17:11:34

MiniClassic
Verified Member

I'm in a similar boat... qualified March 20th & first Check Test coming up in 2 weeks. I reckon I'll be quite happy with a 4 as well so they leave me alone for a while afterwards too!

Well done on your result.

Ambition Driving College

#6 10-08-07 22:02:23

butt2
Verified Member

The SE spent 20 minutes at the end giving me feedback and although he thought the lesson was well planned and structured he did want me to remember to adapt the lesson if required to deal with issues that came up.  He felt one area I let go a little was use of speed (although he assurred me it was not excessive) and if I had tied this in with time for better observation and anticipation then the lesson and pupil would have benefited from this and I suspect I would have been graded higher.

#7 11-08-07 06:48:25

Wacky
Verified Member

This happens a lot on Check Test I think..... you spend time preparing a set lesson and dont adapt it as you would do in the normal way. Im really glad your SE was helpful with the debrief. At least its something you can change in the future if you feel there is a need eh?

Board footer