You are not logged in.

#1 15-06-07 05:53:10

TurkishPirate
Verified Member

Quickest Check test Ever??? Wow!

Hi

Should i be offended?

I passed part 3 at the end of Feb..... yipee!

Got a letter yesterday asking me to go for a check test next week...

Much as i'm not too worried, i havent even started Instructing yet!

Seems the DSA are a bit over keen in this case.... anyone else beat this one?

Cheers, T P

15-06-07 05:53:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Quickest Check test Ever??? Wow!

#2 15-06-07 07:20:01

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

Obviously things have changed. I know a couple of ADI's (Very good instructors) who were not check tested for over 3 years from passing part3! However I passed mine about 3 weeks ago and was told I would be tested in the next 6 to 8 months.

#3 15-06-07 07:34:48

jq

I qualified on 1st Feb 2000 and had 1st check test on 3rd April 2000. I was told the designated ADI had cancelled and I was next on the list. I think that will take some beating.  big_smile

#4 15-06-07 08:54:59

Carl

I qualified mid-July 1998 then had a letter inviting me for a check test at the end of August. I think I'd only done two lessons by then and had to use my brother and do a refresher lesson - no role-play back then. The first one is Educational and it gives the SE to introduce himself to the new kid on the block.

Carl

#5 15-06-07 09:33:55

posh
Verified Member

no worries then, its all still fresh in your mind  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 15-06-07 09:42:38

Luchell
Verified Member

Mine was 4 and a half months from passing part three first time  smile

#7 15-06-07 10:00:34

kjs
Verified Member
Website

mine was 18 months after passing part 3

kjs

#8 15-06-07 11:17:26

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Mine was 3 and half years after I passed, not complaining gave me loads more chance to gain lots of experience, got a grade 5 SE said see you in 4 years,I said or maybe 5 or 6 years if you forget about me again lol.

#9 15-06-07 16:25:32

butt2
Verified Member

I passed on 20 April and been invited for check test on 25 July, although I cant make that date.

Personally I think its a bit crazy to be testing people so shortly after they have passed Part 3 and before they have time to get into the job.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 15-06-07 19:20:01

VandADI
Administrator

I qualified mid-July 1998 then had a letter inviting me for a check test at the end of August. I think I'd only done two lessons by then and had to use my brother and do a refresher lesson - no role-play back then. The first one is Educational and it gives the SE to introduce himself to the new kid on the block.

Carl

I am led to believe by the DSA that your first check test is NOT an educational. Newly qualified ADI's will be invited for a check test  within the first few months of qualifying.  If you have been graded sub-standard (unsatisfactory) on your first check test you will be graded an 'E' which stands for EDUCATIONAL, so it is in your interest to go for the highest grade possible first time around.  You will then be called up for another check test within the next 3 months if you get an 'E'.   If you do well on your first check test you will be graded between 4-6.

For clarification on  first check tests, and other stats on check tests, please view the DSA document :
http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Documents/FOI/HR/IA01172P.pdf

#11 15-06-07 21:32:40

Luchell
Verified Member

Yep Vandas spot on, if you don't make a four on that first check test WITHIN a year of passing part three you get an E if you do well enough you gain your grade. IF you have your first checktest over a year from when you passed part three then it is no longer an educational  smile

#12 17-06-07 13:30:39

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I was offered a ct 3 months after passing, but first they cancelled then I did, so ended up being about 8 months.  Which means when's the next one.

I know someone four years qualified second green, no c/t, but someone else had 2 in 2 years yet they were graded a five first time.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#13 13-08-07 11:51:20

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Jeeez, i know, it's like "get off my damn case''  :police:

It makes me laugh....... it really does........on my Check Tests my SE always seems really enthusiastic and happy at the prospect of the forthcoming events - which is great and I'm sure he like this with most Adi's but if he only knew my inner terror.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#14 15-01-08 09:38:59

hilary
Verified Member

I had a similar situation. I passed part 3 on Aug 5th and had my first check test on November 30th. I received the 'invitation' for check test about six weeks earlier (middle of October).
If you have a check test in the first year of being an ADI, it will be an 'Educational' test.

#15 15-01-08 11:08:09

yasmin
Verified Member

I had my first check test 13 months after passing my part 3 but the date on the green badge was dated the end of December so it was still classed as an 'educational'. For that I was thankful as I was down graded for over instruction! The SE said I would be asked to attend my next one within 6 to 9 months but it was 12 months almost to the date. This time I was graded so he told me it will be 2 years to the next one. Must sort out my tendency to over instruct!

Board footer