You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 16-06-07 00:15:34

MsZetec2.0

Re: Just had a bump

Even with only 3rd party fire and theft cover? And I don't want Lenny written off  sad sad sad sad :cry: :cry: :cry: Just want him back to his old self and his tow bar on.

I have also been recommended to speak to these chaps http://www.helphire.com/the_service_main.htm What does everyone think?

And I get scared but I'm not crawling on my knees...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.p … ral/26123/

May all your crossroads be signposted.

16-06-07 00:15:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 16-06-07 05:51:02

ExAdiNigel

The fact that your insurance is third party fire & theft is only relevant if an accident is your fault -  the insurance would only pay for the other car and not yours.  From what you have said, this accident is entirely the other persons fault.  You did nothing wrong whatsoever, you took action to try and avoid the incident even though, unfortunately, it didn't work.  Even if you had been speeding, the other driver cannot prove it and would still be deemed to be 100% responsible.

It's easier to say than do I know, but stop worrying, leave it to your insurance company, they will sort things out for you.  As has been suggested, get to the doctor about any aches and pains you are experiencing just so it is logged and if things are particularly bad get the insurance company to send you a claim form.

Good Luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#28 16-06-07 11:23:18

MsZetec2.0

My insurance company don't seem to be trying to recover any costs for me to repair my car tho. They are seeking compensation for my injuries. And I have been to the doctor about them, and boy am I glad of those painkillers today.

#29 16-06-07 11:47:46

ExAdiNigel

Have they asked you to get a quote for repairing your car?  If not ask them why not?  They may just be waiting until they are sure the blame is on the other driver - not sure why they should be unsure though.

have you asked them what to do about your car?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#30 16-06-07 12:00:01

MsZetec2.0

I asked them when I could start getting mine fixed and they said once the assesor's been I can repair it but they wouldn't be authorising any expenses for that. I will ask what their position is when my claims manager calls back. Have gotten in contact with those Helphire people tho, they seem to think they can claim my repairs back for me if I pay a £10 insurance premium in case the other driver's insurance doesn't pay out. Sounds like it's worth a go.

#31 16-06-07 13:32:50

kjs
Verified Member
Website

insurance companies dont like to rush things, especially when having to pay out money. If yours is trying to get you compensation for your injuries, then they should be working on claiming off the other persons insurance to get your car repaired. Can't have one without the other in your case i would have thought. Give the assessor time to have a look and sort it. Would be pointless spending your own money on second hand parts, when the insurance will replace them with new, and paint it for you.

Just sit tight and let things develop a bit, but what ever you do, DON'T in any circumstance admit to any wrong doing on your part to anyone no mater what. Let the insurers sort it between them.

kevin

#32 19-06-07 13:03:38

MsZetec2.0

The insurance assessor has now been and says he really cannot understand how the other party can dispute that it's their responsibility as it is clearly side impact damage. He is sending a report to Quinn Direct and I have also now instructed Helphire to go after the costs of repairing my car. They are also sending me out a hire car tonight, comparable to my own, so I am hoping, new Mondey  wink  big_smile

However, if Lenny gets written off, does anyone know the procedure for buying him back and how much it'd cost me?

#33 19-06-07 23:25:13

kjs
Verified Member
Website

tbh, wouldn't want to buy him back jaz. If he's been written off its because he's no longer road worthy and that it will cost far to much to repair him back to a safe condition. Although its not nice losing Lenny, I would seriously consider taking what they offer you and wave bye bye to Lenny and replace him . Sorry

kjs

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#34 19-06-07 23:30:20

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

However, if Lenny gets written off, does anyone know the procedure for buying him back and how much it'd cost me?

who's Lenny????? if he is the passenger, how can you write off a passenger? and if so, what type of compound will he go to?
OR............... is this another case of "you lot" that give names to lumps of metal with rubber shoes?

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#35 20-06-07 00:11:51

MsZetec2.0

Kevin he'd probably get written off because they'd use all new parts, charge main dealer labour costs, and deem it an uneconomical repair, not because he was unsafe. Couple of scrappy doors and £100 labour would see him perfect again. Better the devil you know in some cases. Am trying to find out how much a VIC check is tho.

Loving my hire car tho, ended up with a Mazda 3 Sport, with a 2.0 petrol engine, big alloys and HUGE disc brakes all round. 2007 plate with only 1610 miles on the clock. Pity I only managed to go round the block with it. Steering is VERY light, very easy but I can't turn my neck enough to do blind spot checks properly. Another few days might be able to give it a run.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#36 20-06-07 00:38:49

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Loving my hire car tho, ended up with a Mazda 3 Sport, with a 2.0 petrol engine, big alloys and HUGE disc brakes all round. 2007 plate with only 1610 miles on the clock. Pity I only managed to go round the block with it. Steering is VERY light, very easy but I can't turn my neck enough to do blind spot checks properly. Another few days might be able to give it a run.

Its a Mazda 3 I have 05plate(not sport), great car to drive, love it to bits, but i will need to trade it in or pay for a second speedo to use as a training car.

P.S - its an IT not a He or She - lump of metal :evil:  roll

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#37 20-06-07 09:27:45

kjs
Verified Member
Website

jaz , you're not going to change from MsZetec2.0 to MsMazda3 are you lol

kjs

#38 20-06-07 13:13:40

MsZetec2.0

I'd love to if I could Kevin but it is a bit on the small side. Not as much boot space, etc. The assesor from Helphire has just been and says Lenny is likely to be  Cat C write off but I will still get to keep him. Repairs at a garage would be £1200 so they will get me market value for him and then take off what he's worth in salvage. So I can go ahead and repair him now. There are now 2 sets of photographs of the damage so if the other party's insurance need them they can see them. Now going to ring round all my scrappies again for a couple of doors.

And some even better news - my caravan hasn't been sold!!!!  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile So if I can get Lenny fixed up quick, I could still get the caravan I wanted. The seller contacted me this morning. Have told him I am still interested in it but am still unable to tell him when Lenny will be ready, that was before the insurance assessor had been. Could be sooner than I thought now  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

#39 20-06-07 13:28:35

kjs
Verified Member
Website

#40 20-06-07 17:00:49

MsZetec2.0

Why doesn't any else have a white Mondey???!!!!! No white scrappy doors and Halfrauds Ford Diamond White spray paint is most definitely not Ford Diamond White. Trip to proper Ford for proper spray paint at this rate. Plenty doors in the scrappies, just none in Diamond White.  neutral

Am getting more than I imagined for Lenny tho, and will have a bit extra cash left over for his towbar now too.  big_smile Just a question of when now I think.

#41 02-07-07 22:45:32

MsZetec2.0

I have me doors! I found me doors and picked em up today!  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile So I now have Lenny doors waiting to be fitted. Got the old Haynes manual out, am gonna try and swap most of the interior stuff myself, and my mobile mechanic is coming round to fit the actual doors next week.  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile Could be on the road sooner than I thought, which is a good thing coz I am now driving a [[[[whisper it]]]]]] Cavalier. In the 5 days I have owned it, I have the following faults - interior is dirty and smelly (smoker's car), drive belt snapped, 1 tyre has a slow puncture, 1 tyre needs replacing due to low tread, front wheels need balanced, it's VERY noisy (sounds like a diesel), the exhaust is starting to blow and bangs off the car, it's VERY heavy, the pedals are VERY heavy, the steering is heavy even with PAS and the glass has just fallen out the wing mirror. Good points - suspension is nice, corners well, MPG pretty good, visibility is excellent and it does tow very well. It's a work horse but a very slow and boring one. Thank gawd the scrappy man will give me back what I paid for it next month  lol lol lol lol

The ***** of a woman still isn't admitting liability tho. I have yet more forms to fill in and another statement to send off to my solicitors. Apprently "with the information available" they won't admit liability. Take a look at Lenny then! That's all the information you need right there! I don't even know if they have seen photos but no one from the other party's insurance has been to look at him. Will be keeping the old doors just in case.

#42 04-07-07 01:15:23

den676
Verified Member

Repairs at a garage would be £1200

yikes yikes yikes yikes

Mind you hinge pins are a sod to remove. I bent the ones removing daughter Sams Fiesta  door only to find out Ford don't supply new pins anymore  :x

#43 04-07-07 09:44:14

MsZetec2.0

Oh that's not what I wanted to hear. I was considering removing the old doors myself, swap stuff over easier. What did you use to remove them? May need to take another trip to Halfrauds for tools.

#44 04-07-07 11:02:56

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Why not use the old hinges that are on your car jaz ? if they ok would save a load of messing changing the pins. Just unbolt them from insde the door panel, take off your old doors and replace them with the new ones

kjs

#45 04-07-07 17:37:48

Lily

Hi MsZetec2.0. Hope you've recovered from that shakening experience now. I'm glad too that your car would soon be back in its good form. Can't police determine whose fault it was to end the dispute?

#46 05-07-07 14:02:04

MsZetec2.0

Why not use the old hinges that are on your car jaz ? if they ok would save a load of messing changing the pins. Just unbolt them from insde the door panel, take off your old doors and replace them with the new ones

kjs

That's probably what I will need to do coz the new doors don't have any pins. What I wanna know is how to get the pins out. I will also need to switch over all the leccy window bits and the locks, doors cards, speakers, etc. Anyway, am on hols up in Tarbert til next week. I am chilling out and not worrying about it til I get home.  big_smile The Cavalier made it here anyway, not the most comfortable of rides and very hard work to drive, it understeers like a ?????? sometimes and I nearly lost the back end when I hit a bend too fast in the wet. My fault yes, looked as if I had more road than I did, it curved again, but I think Lenny would have helped me out alot more there. I pulled up into Stef's drive and the first thing he said was, "Well that don't sound too healthy does it?"  lol Garage says a whole new exhaust is required......Am sooooo relieved I'll be in Lenny again soon  big_smile

Lily we did go to the police at the time but they said as there was no damage to anyone else's property or any people then they didn't need to be involved. Wish I had involved them now but from what I've heard, they don't get involved in disputes over liability. It's down to our 2 insurance companies to battle it out now I think but mine aren't holding me responsible and are refusing to pay out for the other party. I'm still trying to get her insurance company to pay out for me.

#47 05-07-07 15:28:48

den676
Verified Member

If Mondeys have bolt on hinges then unbolt them Jaz.

Sam's Fiesta had welded on hinges so no choice but to knock pins out.

Unfortunately if nobody admits liability it might end up as a knock for knock thing.  :x

#48 05-07-07 16:41:44

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I think jaz's insurance should fight it den don't you ?

kjs

Board footer