You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-06-07 17:45:29

MsZetec2.0

Just had a bump

I'm really shaken up. I had just left from work, travelling under the speed limit, when a car pulled out from a car park and straight into the side of me. Poor Lenny looks like needing at least 2 new doors, and to make it worse, the other driver is trying to claim I am responsible! She says I was speeding when I absolutely was not, and could not have built up any kind of speed in that amount of time. I had just left my work's car park. She was turning right out of her car park and did not look left to check if I was there or not. I cannot claim anything as I am only insured third party, fire and theft and they are trying to claim me for their repairs as well. I have categorically said I am not admitting liability and have been onto my insurers warning them of the potential claim. They have said provisionally that it looks like the other driver's fault, which I have thought all along. I have not said this to the driver or witness, only that I dispute that I was speeding. Witness is also saying I was speeding but also confirms that the other driver did not look left.

A claims manager is contacting me within 24 hours. I just want to repair little Lenny ASAP and hope that idiot other driver won't hassle me about paying up. I have said I am now leaving it in the hands of the insurers.

I am so gutted tho, I always thought I was a safe, careful driver and now I am really doubting myself. I have to go out in an hour tho and I am still shaking like a leaf. Yesterday I drove about 100 miles in 1 day, I've driven 7000 miles in total since I got my licence, I travel not even 1 on my way home and this happens. My shoulder and my arm now hurts on the side that was hit. I am more upset than anything tho.

Just a rant, sorry. Don't know if it's in the right place but I just needed to rant.

And I get scared but I'm not crawling on my knees...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.p … ral/26123/

May all your crossroads be signposted.

14-06-07 17:45:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Just had a bump

#2 14-06-07 18:20:37

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

If they were at fault, you can claim for your injuries through the T/P.

If it works out 50/50, you will be able to claim half ( as theyw ill for theirs).

You need a solicitor for an injury claim. You can just pop in for half an hour's freee surgery with most of them to see what they think.

Why not do this?

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#3 14-06-07 18:33:35

MsZetec2.0

My claims manager has now contacted me and is refering me to their legal dept. I assume this must be for my injuries. Some one is coming to look at Lenny and the scene of the accident tomorrow or Saturday to establish I am not at fault. Hopefully they will also be able to tell me when I can go about getting him repaired. My mobile mechanic is coming round tomorrow as well, to tell me what damage has been done, and what he needs to fix him up. At the momment looking like at least a couple of hundred quid.  sad  roll

#4 14-06-07 18:43:21

jonks

Sorry to hear about your bump sad

I had to take a second take when looking at the title of this topic, for some reason my eyes turned the b around smile

#5 14-06-07 19:30:12

Karenadi
Verified Member

If you have legal cover with 3rd party insurance, then they will fight your corner re both damage and injury.  We had a similar incident last October, when a driver pulled away from the side of the road, and my son crashed into him: same thing: other driver claimed my son was speeding etc etc, but quite simply the other driver DIDN'T look.  It has taken some time, but the other drivers insurers have now paid out for the damage to my son's car: courtesy of legal protection.  It is well worth the £30ish on top of the 3rd party insurance.  Good luck.  How is the caravan anyway?

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#6 14-06-07 21:04:07

kjs
Verified Member
Website

If the other car has pulled out of a junction, and hit you , They haven't a leg to stand on. The car on the major road [ you ] has priority over the car emerging [ them ].  Your insurance legal team will have it all in hand. Make sure that you claim for every thing, loss of earnings if you off work. Would consider going to the doctors and being checked over if you're in pain has a consequence of your accident. That way you have proof of your injury. Take plenty of photo's of the place where it took place, and of the damage to your car. Your insurance will have their preferred Mr fix it, where you can take your car to be fixed. If you need to use a hire car, claim for that also.

kjs

#7 14-06-07 21:29:32

MsZetec2.0

Don't know how much I can claim on my third party cover and tbh it probably isn't worth the hassle for a couple of hundred quid. I am just now right royally p!ssed off at her attitude. She hit my car, straight into the side of me, drove into me and she has the nerve to claim I hit her. Don't think so darlin! I just don't want to get into a big dispute over it, she has my telephone number and address and hubby was pretty miffed.

My worry now is that if my insurance refuse to pay out, which I think they will, that they may come after me privately for the damage. What happens then? No way can I afford to pay for repairs to 2 cars.

Karen my caravan is now on hold til I get Lenny fixed up. I am asking the seller if they will keep it for me with a deposit but might have to look for another. Does look like Lenny just needs 2 new doors but I don't want to travel such a long distance with doors like that in case some other nutter runs into me again. The doors have really crumpled and I think saved the main body of the car. Plus they make me look like a bad driver, which I do not think I am.

#8 14-06-07 22:05:58

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hit you in the side? erm where was she looking? unless you dropped out of warp?  big_smile i wouldnt worry. hope you aint too sore - anticipation anticipation anticipation  big_smile :?  roll sorry lololol

ps before someone shouts at me? jaz wont  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#9 14-06-07 22:27:55

MsZetec2.0

I did Keith, but obv not enough. She was looking away from me, I blasted my horn at her, foot off the gas and into the side of Lenny she came. Like I said, turning right and didn't check left before she moved. I "came out of no where" because she wasn't !!!!!!!! looking!

My back is twitchy now too, hope it doesn't stiffen up in the night but we'll see. My gran has forced me to take painkillers and she is the kind of person who doesn't take pills unless she has to.

#10 14-06-07 22:54:14

posh
Verified Member

how can you be at fault if she is turning right and you are coming straight along the road and she hits you side on? you have the right of way she should have checked left to see if it was clear.

#11 14-06-07 22:55:16

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

If there was any dispute regarding blame should the cops not have been called/involved?

MsZ, I think you are are non blameworthy, as mentioned earlier, you were on the main road, the other drivers observations seem to have been non-existent and hopefully they will be punished by a higher insurance policy from now on, and again, hopefully that will make her more aware in the future and in turn help the rest of us

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#12 14-06-07 23:11:54

den676
Verified Member

Awww Jaz!

Sorry about ya bump.

If she said ya were speeding she must have seen ya so why did she pull out?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 14-06-07 23:35:00

kev elliott

She was looking away from me, I blasted my horn at her, foot off the gas and into the side of Lenny she came.

Make sure you put this in any claim form under the section what signals or actions did you take. This is another nail in her coffin. You warned her, and slowed down. This is classed as what actions did you take to avoid the collission. What actions did she take? Erm now lets think did she look ? no! 

#14 14-06-07 23:43:55

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

good point den  big_smile and kev

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#15 14-06-07 23:54:24

MsZetec2.0

Den she claims I was going too fast because one minute I wasn't there and the next minute I was on her. Erm, because you weren't even looking in my direction!

I have already informed my insurance company that I blasted my horn at her and that she was not looking. We went to the police station but they said as long as there was no damage to other people's property and we were happy to exchange details then that was fine. Wish now I had insisted some one come have a look at the cars. Big macho hubby was even saying well if I don't admit liability then they'll just go to the police. Eh already been there! Now I'm thinking I should go back myself now the injuries have become apparent.

#16 15-06-07 03:42:59

la.monikita
Verified Member

when you went to the police did you fill out an accident report? if not go back and do it. take both parts of your licence, MOT, insurance, and log book. they may prosecute for driving without due care and attention :evil:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#17 15-06-07 06:11:41

A*
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about your bump. I had exactly the same thing happen to me, gentleman turning right as I was passing junction, he just didn't stop even after he had hit me, so I needed new door new back panel he also ripped the bumper off and smashed rear light. He admitted liabilty at the scene, he said he had seen me but his arthritis was playing up and he couldnt feel the brake!!! I't cetainly sounds as though you weren't to blame. Im sure this will be sorted by insurers. Good luck with it all.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#18 15-06-07 09:06:43

MsZetec2.0

when you went to the police did you fill out an accident report?

No, police said they did not need to be involved. And I would rather not have the hassle. It would be my word against 2 witnesses, both of whom are against me.

#19 15-06-07 09:48:14

pj
Verified Member

was the witness independent or in the other car too :?

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#20 15-06-07 09:53:00

MsZetec2.0

Independant. Just had my claims manager on the phone as well, saying Direct Line are claiming it was my fault as she was stationary when she was hit!!!! Eh, naw love! You DROVE into the side of my car! If I had hit her the damage would surely have been on my front, like hers is, when SHE drove into ME. I have sent my insurers my statement of the event and even before I heard about that bit of the story, I had already written that her car appeared to be stationary AS I BEGAN TO PASS IT. I might actually go to the police now tbh, coz what she's saying is ridiculous and it's really bleep me off now.

#21 15-06-07 09:56:08

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Jaz, the other car ran into you. Not your problem so don't worry. Your insurance legal boys will fight your corner. the other driver's husband can stand and threaten as much has he wants, its her fault not yours, so relax as much has is possible, you're in the clear.

kjs

#22 15-06-07 10:00:31

posh
Verified Member

ah so they are trying to say you drove sideways into her and hit her front with your door ... ridiculous. any insurance assessor will be able to work out what happened by inspecting the vehicles and know who is to blame. they do it every day of the week.

#23 15-06-07 21:11:19

MsZetec2.0

Thanks guys that is very reassuring to know. The assesor should be here tomorrow and once he has been I have been given the go ahead to get Lenny fixed up  big_smile Some slightly better news tonight in that the damage really is just 2 new doors and a bit of paintwork on the wheel arch and possibly bumper. Am ringing round all the breakers tomorrow looking for 2 white Mk2 Mondeo hatch doors. If I can find those, I am laughing coz then I won't need the extra expense of painting them. Please keep your eyes peeled for me people! The nearer to me the better!  lol

On the downside tho, I was sent home from work because I could barely use my right arm because my shoulder was aching and burning so badly. Also when I am sat down for any length of time, across the top of my back and up my neck becomes agony and gets really tight and stiff. Very, very uncomfortable and annoying. I went as an emergency to my doctor and she has given me some very strong painkillers and muscle relaxants and strict orders to take it easy over the weekend. No caravan for me  sad On the plus side, my fella should be back on Sunday to look after me.  big_smile

#24 15-06-07 21:43:04

la.monikita
Verified Member

police has to be involved, let them do their work  roll, i did not report a small shunt and am £650 down as the driver was uninsured  roll

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#25 16-06-07 00:01:35

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Dont go spending any money on new doors just yet. If it's proven to be her fault then her iinsurance will pay for the damage to be repaired, or you'll get payed out the market value if they deem lenny not worthy of repair. Shouldn't cost you a penny.

kjs

Board footer