You are not logged in.

#1 13-06-07 07:52:46

reddragonbus
Verified Member

D1 test

Anyone have a list of vehicles which meet the new criteria for the D1 test.

I don't think any of the transit or LDV buses are suitable?

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

13-06-07 07:52:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: D1 test

#2 13-06-07 22:32:39

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

The 17 seat Transit is OK.  As are the larger Iveco and Sprinter minibuses.  We are just changing our ten year old Transit for a 3 year old off the fleet.  Its a coachbuilt based on Transit 430 chassis and it's got a tachograph, so apart from fitting some real mirrors to the bodywork, it's ready for tests.

The main problems with the new regs are the length, weight and tachograph.

Tacho is about £700 for retrofit.  It can be an analogue one as long as the bus was registered before May 2006.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 13-06-07 23:44:29

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Digitacho's are going to sort out the cowboys from the legal trade...........
i was on a course last year for the Digi's, and a long time coming they have been....

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#4 14-06-07 07:52:38

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Whats the MAM of the 17 seat transit? I know they are long enough but I didnt think they were heavy enough??

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 15-06-07 21:53:54

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Without checking at work, I can't remember the exact MAM of the 17 seat Transit, but I know I checked a while ago when we were thinking we might need an additional DSA 2007 spec minibus and it was ok.  The thing that we would have had the problem with was the tacho, as our standard buses don't have them.

I've just checked on Fords web site and the MAM is 4.1.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor

#6 15-06-07 21:57:50

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Ekal - Whos digitac course did you do and what make of digitacs do your co have fitted and how do you find them.  We are still all analogue at the moment, but when we the next new vehicle we will have no choice but to have digitac in it.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 16-06-07 00:29:31

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Ekal - Whos digitac course did you do and what make of digitacs do your co have fitted and how do you find them.  We are still all analogue at the moment, but when we the next new vehicle we will have no choice but to have digitac in it.

Norm - I went to a 1 day course at Tachodisc in Warrington and looked at 4 different types, we use a Seimans make, I have found the type we have easy to use and to train out, no problems as of yet with the tachos, just had a couple of faulty Driver cards that had to be sent back out of 14.

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#8 29-11-13 12:27:18

Carlos S

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and do apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place, anyway need some help from the people in the know please.
My D1 entitlement (for Hire and reward) finished in 2009 I was sent a medical form at the time to renew it, which I didn't do because wasn't driving minibuses professionally anymore, (Stupid I know)
A couple of weeks ago received a renewal form to renew my photo license, send it and when received new license back is not showing D1 cat at all.
I have the opportunity to start driving minibuses again professionally and would appreciate any help you can give me, surelly don't need to do the test again? I know I have to go trough
cpc course but not starting it till I'm sure I do not need to retake the D1 test.
Any advice will be greatlly apreciated and Thanks in advance,
Thank you all

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 29-11-13 18:32:23

chevronjohn
Verified Member

reddragonbus wrote:

Whats the MAM of the 17 seat transit? I know they are long enough but I didnt think they were heavy enough??

4200kg for the Transit - so it does meet the test criteria

John

DSA ADI ,DSA LGV Instructor, PCV Instructor, IAM, always willing to learn  smile
www.chevrontraining.co.uk
DSA Customer Test site

Board footer