You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-06-07 05:54:42

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Do you display your prices on your website?

I have noticed that many instructors do not display prices on their web site.
Would be interested to hear your views on the "pros & cons". I currently display prices but with many "newbies" coming on stream in this area recently and offering "silly" promotions I am seriously considering removing prices and just saying "please call for latest pricing".

08-06-07 05:54:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do you display your prices on your website?

#2 08-06-07 07:31:16

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I have my prices on mine, but I may put them up soon and just put "phone for special offers" or similar on the site - at the moment my prices aren't bad, but they won't be good after the rise.

Saying that I still get a few calls where people ask my prices even after finding my phone number on the website! Just because they're there doesn't mean they read them.

I think that many people don't put prices on their site because they are aware that they will have to pay their web-person to change them each time.

If you are really good on the phone then I might be tempted to put something like "lesson prices from......phone for details" or suchlike. If you don't put any price on there at all, some people may simply presume you are going to be "too expensive".

#3 08-06-07 09:41:52

posh
Verified Member

if i had a website i would display my prices, mainly because when im looking for something i like all the details to be there right in front of me or else i will look elsewhere , if details are there theres more chance of booking etc, cant be bothered with phoning to find out.if i wanted to phone in the first place i would have used yellow pages.just a personal opinion of course.

#4 08-06-07 11:49:54

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

If you put your prices on your website you wont get the calls from pepole shopping for the cheepest lessons, the calls you get normally want to book lessons.

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

#5 08-06-07 12:10:16

posh
Verified Member

but what if they call to find out he price,and are not happy with that so no sale.if they already know the price they will book. the only way it would work  is if they call and ask for the price, you then ask them what  the best price they have seen and you make it a pound cheaper.     

#6 08-06-07 13:26:55

Blew
Verified Member

I think any site that is offering a service needs to be transparent and have the prices on there, imagine shopping on the argos website for example and there were no prices for any of the goods !!! you would just move on to another site

Blew.

#7 08-06-07 13:45:39

VandADI
Administrator

I believe in the WYSIWYG theory.  In this day and age, people want information quickly and efficiently, if you are searching for a driving instructor I think its important to have prices to hand so that the person searching can made a quick, infomative decision based on information available, if they have to ring up to find prices out (and say the ADI is out on lessons and is unable to answer query immediately) they will just move on to the next instructor who can provide information person is looking for.

#8 08-06-07 14:46:16

jonks

You have all heard my opinions on this a few times but I will give my opinion again...

Prices are vital on a driving instructor website. I too thought at one point that not displaying prices would generate more calls, but it simply does not work like that.

In a test on two websites, admitedly not driving school websites, we tried displaying prices for one week, and removing the prices for a second week, and set up a strong adwords campaign to ensure traffic was getting on to the sites in quite large volumes.

Whilst telephone enquiries did not go down when prices were removed, they did not seem to go up significantly either. But the "bounce rate" on the web stats during the time the prices were not displayed was huge, around 85%.

This was pretty much the same on both sites.

I concluded that if prices are not displayed, clearly and quickly, users of the website just move onto a competitor website, usually within 40 seconds of arriving at yours.

When prices were displayed on the site, the bounce rate went down to 45% on one site and 60% on the other website, which is about average. The websites showed that users were visiting more pages on the sites, and more Email enquiries came in during this time.

The results showed that between both sites, twelve new customers were gained by the two companies during the two week test period, 3 whilst the prices were not displayed, and 9 when the prices were clearly displayed.

#9 18-07-07 08:22:18

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I have to be honest, I have better things to do with my time than answer calls from people asking how much I charge.

The "how much do you charge" brigade never book lessons. They just spend lots of money phoning every instructor or school in edinburgh asking the same question and getting the same answer.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#10 18-07-07 20:24:38

Target
Verified Member
Website

Just my opinion here, but i think some instructors do not display prices not because they want to generate more callers but because for some strange reason they do not want instructors seeing what they charge, or lets say how little they charge.

Our customers are no different to you and I. If I look at a website I want all the information I can get. No point looking at all the details about the driving school and not being able to make an informed decision without knowing the price.

I get enquiries overnight. Someone tapping online and contacting me. I normally start in the office around 8am, so sometimes I can call them before my first lesson.

Its like leaving out the vehicles details. Every other caller wants to know what car I drive. Its important, we all know that. Still they seem to miss the picture, some probably take the number to work and forget.

I do not shy away from prices. Its nice when they call I know they are serious about tuition.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer