You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-06-07 18:48:34

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

NEED PUPILS!

I need to really hike up business now... its ok, just pattering along, but really need to pull my socks up now!

What is the best way to get new pupils through the door?

I'm planning on devising a school presentation/quiz/demo on road saftey which should help!

I'm planning on a postcard campaign, but have had a very poor response previously!

I've already got an introduce a friend scheme, and giving out business cards, and business card fridge magnets!
AND pupils always say to me "I've told my mates, and I think your a good instructor..."

I need probably more like another 10 pupils at least in the next few months, but have very little money to put into it.  I could bite the bullet on a credit card for marketing...but it HAS to work!#

I could get pupils to do a "feedback quote for my website..."

Any hints tips (or pupils in north staffordshire area!) LOL

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

01-06-07 18:48:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: NEED PUPILS!

#2 01-06-07 18:53:58

Kev D
Verified Member

One you could try in September, is to park your car outside the local 6th form college at going home time, and distribute leaflets to all the new school leavers who will turn 17 that year, and be able to answer any questions posed by prospective clients.

As they are still young, they may not be educated in the new ways of SKODA so you may be the butt of some jokes and it might be an uphill struggle, but its got to be worth a try.

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#3 01-06-07 19:15:00

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Cheers Kev,

Actually most of my pupils REALLY LOVE the skoda, and have never heard of the jokes! HONESTLY!

I tried this, and got told off by the parking attendant!  apparently it amounts to littering! GRRRRRR

My car often gets "strategically" parked outside 6thform in uttoxeter at 3.30 maybe should try ever other one!

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg

#4 01-06-07 19:32:19

Kev D
Verified Member

If you are parked lawfully then what on earth has it got to do with a parking attendant???  Next time a parking attendant comes to offer you such advice, remind them that such advice falls outside of their remit and training, so kindly go away and do your proper job somewhere else  :evil:

The statement about littering is probably just his personal opinion, and I very much doubt that you could or would be prosecuted for 'littering'.

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#5 01-06-07 19:35:37

adi
Verified Member
Website

Right do this, i did it in January and gained 4 pupils from it in two weeks.
Ask your local paper, free advertising mag, whatever, to do a wordsearch or crossword or some sort of competition in it to win a course of 5 lessons. You will probably get this for free rather than having to pay for it.
When the entries come in, select a winner, of course you will have to give away 5 hours free time.
You can then send a letter to the others saying that unfortunately they haven't won but as some sort of runners up prize they can have a free driving lesson.
You may be surprised how many will do the lesson and then book a course from there on. In fact you might then find yourself overrun with business!!! But that of course is the point!

#6 01-06-07 19:47:01

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

A few things ref your site ian. Chabge your title to driving schools uttoxeter instead of instructors as school gets more clicks. Take out stop words like "in".

make the menu more user friendly. At first glance it is hard to see where the prices a re without delving.

I would consider also changing url to include this title as in www.beyond-driving-school-uttoxeter.

Driving schools as a keyword brings in 300,000 searches a month just on yahoo alone.

Just a few thoughts.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#7 01-06-07 19:57:10

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Cheers guys, I love the word search idea....did you have to work out the wordsearch/crossword yourself?

Excellent Idea.................oh got me thinking now! how exciting!

It is sort of a double wammy too!  the words would be related to my business (say type of car.....) and get them looking at my website! wink WICKED!

Fleet Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 01-06-07 21:09:34

jonks

Right do this, i did it in January and gained 4 pupils from it in two weeks.
Ask your local paper, free advertising mag, whatever, to do a wordsearch or crossword or some sort of competition in it to win a course of 5 lessons. You will probably get this for free rather than having to pay for it.
When the entries come in, select a winner, of course you will have to give away 5 hours free time.
You can then send a letter to the others saying that unfortunately they haven't won but as some sort of runners up prize they can have a free driving lesson.
You may be surprised how many will do the lesson and then book a course from there on. In fact you might then find yourself overrun with business!!! But that of course is the point!

What a fantastic idea!

Great, I could use that for something else, nice one.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 01-06-07 21:12:24

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I would consider also changing url to include this title as in www.beyond-driving-school-uttoxeter.

Are you suggesting that people should trade off my good name captain!!!! Lol!

Agree with the url change though, but you'll need to change all of your links from directories. More search friendly content on the site might help.

Are those stats for the amount of "driving schools" searches UK only captain, coz I've found that "driving lessons" gets a more local response - I had this same discussion with jonks a while back, and he said the same thing. It's worth optimising for both, but I'd always go with "lessons", then "school" then "instructor" as a final option - very few people search for an "instructor", they want "lessons".

I'd suggest getting rid of the "in" bit as captain says - it's unnecessary, and I'd mention "prices" in the title - I get a LOT of hits for this. Your first page doesn't include the word at all. Speaking of which - your block booking prices are awfully low - do you make sure they take 2 hour lessons to get those prices or are you doing loads of single hours for that money?

Bear in mind that right at the moment people are saving up for summer holidays, or are doing exams - this is one of the quiet times of the year.

Just on the competition in the local rag thing - many local rags will give you a free ad (or heavily discounted one) if you give them a prize to give away - if you give them a ready made competition as suggested they'll be well happy. Nice suggestion there!

#10 01-06-07 21:25:23

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Sorry mate confusion of names as I have flu lol.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#11 01-06-07 21:28:51

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#12 01-06-07 21:34:09

jonks

Don't have two URL's pointing to one website. Google wil think it is two websites with the same content and apply the dupliacte content filter, ruining your search engine placement. The only way to do this safely is to use a 301 redirect in a .htaccess file.

However, having keywords in a url is good.

For instance, driver training today is on page one of google for the searcg term "Driver Training" which does us no harm at all smile

#13 01-06-07 21:37:21

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Yep, I built a new little site to test the water with regards to auto intensives and made the website name all keywords. That was yesterday. Today I'm no.1 for the search in Lancashire on msn!! Google will take a couple of weeks I reckon, but I can wait!

#14 11-06-07 10:47:28

Hopton
Verified Member

ALL of the above can a do work differently in area's also printing of leaflets on your home computer also works but not every one reads what comes through the letter box.

I have delivered many a leaflet through a door only to find that they saw my add in the local paper and don't remember what came through the door.

good luck

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

#15 11-06-07 11:04:12

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Great site Tim. Prices are a bit steep though aint they. £45 an hour for the 15 hour course. I know you offer a £300 cash back but I thought I was steep with around £27-£30 an hour.

#16 11-06-07 15:34:57

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I know captain - just testing the water. I wanted to work out some way where the standard problem of the driving school losing money when you pass could be reversed. And some way in which I could recommend the longer courses without the accusation of just wanting more money.

I'm still tweaking this one, including the prices and the offer, as I don't need any customers from this for a couple of months.

Never say that your own prices are steep captain - you're worth it mate!

#17 11-06-07 16:31:30

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Yeah suppose its a bit like the guaranteed pass. So if you do end up giving them 300 cashback-makes your prices about 25 but if they pass first time bonus.

#18 11-06-07 16:38:14

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

interesting stuff...still looking for pupils!

I've tried several newspapers and all say no to prize draw! 

First one said £1000 Minimum giveaway (WHAT!?)

Then "legal issues" with prize draws that puts them off!

I think i may just run it on my website and tell all my pupils!  That'll get things started!

I'm lucky to have an A3 printer, so I'm working on them at the moment, so when i do some STRATIGIC PARKING, that my car is well recongised for the right things!

Fleet Training

#19 11-06-07 21:10:22

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Nother idea for this time of year....lots of fetes, school fairs etc going on, what about offering a free lesson as a prize? plus youll get ur company name mention on the list of whos donated prizes. If the winner doesnt need a driving lesson u can bet they know sum1 who will, plus a free bit of advertising.

#20 11-06-07 22:34:58

sw
Verified Member

How about if you've got a website that's generating lots of visitors do a prize draw through that if the papers arent interested? Have it running for a month and the winner gets the main prize and have 5 runners up prizes of a free hour or something, or everyone that enters gets sent a voucher for £10 off when you pay for 10 hours or something like that? Ok it costs you a bit in terms of lessons but youngsters in particular like to save a bit of money and if the prize draw is easy to enter on the website (ie not filling out a huge form) then I'm sure you'd get lots of interest. The vouchers could be sent via email so saves on postage. 

#21 12-06-07 07:51:58

Target
Verified Member
Website

Personally if you want free advertising you should invest your free time into optimising your website.

95% of my business comes from the web, if it did'nt then I would have been under a long time ago.

My experience tells me that nothings for free, and thats what you asked, so giving away a hamper from M&S is not free and a prize draw is not free either. Its ok writing some glossy article about do this do that, diversify but lets face it,this is the real world. Although good ideas in their own right, and I like the one about the school fetes, this would be good if you could give away from free merchandise like pens, pencils, etc etc, all at a cost but then it is a business.

I've linked up with the local community forum and I give away a free lesson, or some deals if the clients call me. Its generated 2 clients that live in the village ones done about 25 hours at full price now, £25 per hour.

Not sure about your area, but do pupils really search for 'driving schools uttoexter' or is your catchement going to be Derby, stafford, or stoke on trent, perhaps this is where your site needs to be heading.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#22 12-06-07 20:37:22

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Thanks y'all!

Any comments on: http://www.learnmooredriving.co.uk/new/prize%20draw

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION!

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OPEN YET! ANY ENTRIES SHALL BE VOID UNTIL IT GOES LIVE!

Fleet Training

#23 12-06-07 21:14:40

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Looks really good,  Good luck with it and keep us posted on what response you get

#24 13-06-07 06:44:30

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

I wanted some more feedback before I put it live, as I want to make sure it is spot on!

http://www.learnmooredriving.co.uk/new/price%20list
http://www.learnmooredriving.co.uk/new/prize%20draw

Has anyone done this before?  Thanks Pinball

Fleet Training

#25 14-06-07 16:23:42

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

What happens if one of your competitors (ADI) signs up for 5 lessons and wins?

Fleet Training

Board footer