You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-05-07 07:27:58

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

PT 2 - EMERGENCY STOP

Hi,

A question from a friend of mine who is just about to take her part 2 - with all this wet weather, if she skids a little would this be a minor or a serious...?  I said I would check but I thought the examiner would take the weather conditions into account - ie in wet weather you are more prone to skidding due to the reduced grip...?  But I /she would appreciate your thoughts....... I think she's just winding herself up now as her test is next week... yikes

thanks,

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

14-05-07 07:27:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PT 2 - EMERGENCY STOP

#2 14-05-07 07:35:32

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I did this on my part 2, and due to my trainer's insistence that all skids were the fault of the driver (true) I immediately presumed that I'd failed, and went on to make a load of silly mistakes.

At the end of the test, the ex said to me that there was no way he was going to penalise me for a short skid which was corrected safely, considering the road was wet and I probably had a little too much adrenaline going around me! How gutted was I?!

So a very short skid (or the ABS kicking in) will not be penalised, as long as it is dealt with safely.

#3 14-05-07 07:59:17

AndyBerry

As Tim said... when I did my original L test, we didn't do the e-stop due to the wet weather (shame as I was looking forwards to that!). A skid won't normally be marked down if it is corrected - so best advice is to correct it straight away and not worry.

#4 14-05-07 15:32:37

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Nothing wrong with a tiny skid, but he will look to see weather you control the cause of the skid IE you the driver.

#5 15-05-07 18:28:28

alt
Verified Member

I had rain on my p2. when i did  the e-stop, i locked the brakes twice ( no abs) . only got a minor tho, so tell her not to worry about it.

#6 15-05-07 19:43:49

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

Thanks, I'll pass it on  lol

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

Board footer