You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 25-03-11 00:29:30

ADI_phil

Re: CBT

Cat8t3 wrote:

I don't think letting 16yr old out on the road after a few days training is good enough

Did my CBT 25TH June this year, its only 1 day training. Like someone just said, for experienced Car drivers its enough, but i did my CBT with a 16year and he had no clue of the highway code. I think that you should be made to do a bike theory if you want to ride any sort of Bike or Moped. I did a bike theory anyway, just to get me a bit more clued up. I was shocked when the instutor told me he couldn't do a theory till he is 17.   yikes

Really, you say ' for an experienced car dvr a CBT is enough '  I've witnessed experienced car dvr's not have a clue with co-ordinational skills when it comes to riding a bike.  And the amount that say at the end of the day.. 'well, I never knew that riding a bike could be so difficult '  :evil:

We have complained to the DSA about other schools for years doing 30 min road rides and cbt's finishing 2 hrs after the start of the course.
to complete the cbt it takes a day.. with all the elemnts to be completed correctly.
The DSA wont do anything unless someone writes in and complains.they wont do covert checking of schools. damned annoying when schools are charging for a day and finishing at 11 am when my guys are doing a full day plus for the same money..

25-03-11 00:29:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 18-10-11 23:45:23

android
Verified Member

I know your pain Phil. I have seen some shocking things in my time as an instructor. The Double Standards Agency are of no use when it comes to making CBTs safe for the public. It is a farce.

Confucius say, "Opinion, like old man's dribble - Once out of mouth, no use to anyone."

#28 18-10-11 23:52:39

android
Verified Member

To answer the question...

Yes CBT is enough if taken seriously (by both parties). Despite an ATBs best efforts, people are people and young people are.... young.

Confucius say, "Opinion, like old man's dribble - Once out of mouth, no use to anyone."

Board footer