You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-07 23:05:29

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

What bike do you ride?

I have an old BMW k100 (1000cc flat four) big_smile
what bike or bikes do you have?

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

04-05-07 23:05:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What bike do you ride?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-05-07 23:21:40

captain_compass
Verified Member
Website

Hi Michael

XL1000V Honda Varadero - my creaky bones won't fit round a sportsbike anymore...  Am heading off on it next Wed through France to Spain for the F1 Grand Prix in Barcelona and a few days playing in the Pyrenees - Yessss!!! 
big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

#3 04-05-07 23:26:55

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

Wow that sounds great yikes
wish I could come with you :oops:
hope you have a safe and fun trip

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

#4 05-05-07 07:00:43

Kev D
Verified Member

Captain Compass, that is the bike I have dreamed of getting since passing my DAS course back in 2001.  Unfortunately for me, I have no practical need for a bike, its just for fun and I have not yet been able to invest that much money into biking as a hobby.  My only fear is that I am perhaps not quite tall enough for the varadero, I am just under 6ft, and its a big machine, would be interested to know how tall you are and how you have found such a big bike?

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#5 05-05-07 07:16:13

la.monikita
Verified Member

I just sold my cagiva planet, and am trying to buy SV650 naked, already joined their forum lol.
can't wait big_smile lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 05-05-07 09:57:11

kjs
Verified Member
Website

#7 05-05-07 14:35:19

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

Currently a CBR 600 F3 (FS).

It's used everyday during the week for the commute to and from work, and has a good blat out at the weekends.  big_smile

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 05-05-07 17:37:02

captain_compass
Verified Member
Website

Captain Compass, that is the bike I have dreamed of getting since passing my DAS course back in 2001.  Unfortunately for me, I have no practical need for a bike, its just for fun and I have not yet been able to invest that much money into biking as a hobby.  My only fear is that I am perhaps not quite tall enough for the varadero, I am just under 6ft, and its a big machine, would be interested to know how tall you are and how you have found such a big bike?

Hi Kev, I'm 6'2" and can just about get both feet flat on the floor - but that may be more down to the 15 stone payload than my height! :-[   I had a VFR750 previously but I deliberately set out to find a tall machine as I looked a bit silly with elbows & knees sticking out.  It's heavy to push around but on the move the weight just disappears, I even managed to scrape a peg or 2 in France last year!  The views over the hedges are good and I have no trouble keeping up with the sportsbike wusses!  The Vara is all-day comfy, bags of V-twin grunt and great range from the 25l tank.

I had a bit of trouble justifying the expense too, but a tax rebate funded the VFR, and the VFR funded the Vara 2 yrs later!  By buying in January I managed to get an ex-demo machine with only 650 miles on the clock for £2k off list price - bargain.  Like you the biking thing is a hobby & a passion but it's soooo good to get out for a thrash after a week in the tuition car!  Last year I did the Monaco GP as part of an Alps exploration, this year Barcelona - I have a very understanding wife! (Either that or she's having an affair...)

I'm thinking about a Blackbird as my next buy - but apart from the awesome power I'm not sure I'll find it a better machine.  If only they made a 1200cc Varadero - or better still a 1200VFR sigh...

All the best

CC

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 06-05-07 06:16:58

ExAdiNigel

I just sold my cagiva planet, and am trying to buy SV650 naked, already joined their forum lol.
can't wait big_smile lol

Why do you feel a need to buy an SV650 naked?  Most people wear clothes when they buy a bike don't they? ;D ;D

Anyway, I digress...

I have a Triumph Sprint RS, which I bought from my brother.  Would like to get a Pan European.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#10 06-05-07 17:06:41

ADI349
Verified Member

BMW K1100 LT.  better half won't let me have a new one though.

Steve W wink

If you only do what you've always done, you will only achieve what you've always achieved

#11 07-05-07 21:45:04

c-way
Verified Member
Website

This time last year the biggest thing I had ridden was Piagiot Hexagon 125 which I took my CBT on 5 years ago!  Having re-sat my CBT and done my theory and DAS I now have a Honda CBF600  big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#12 27-05-07 01:35:14

cat
Verified Member

hi

dont have a bike myself although seriously thinking about getting one

im pillion on my boyfriend bike which he picked up today a zzr 1400 lovely bike

cat

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

#13 27-05-07 05:11:09

la.monikita
Verified Member

I love my sv650 big_smile,
the hudge grin never goes off since getting it, shame about the Bl00dy weather sad

i'm doing a bike safe with the coppers, anyone done one?

Abraham Maslow

#14 23-12-07 17:57:47

bfb

yzf 600r thundercat absolutely lovely handling bike

#15 04-01-08 10:42:20

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

My last bike was a 980cc Guzzi California III (about '1990 I think, with carbies) in black & chrome complete with big windscreen, saddle-seat, panniers, spot lights on the crash bars (the only Harley accessories I'd consider using), floorboards - big V-twin - beeeeeeautiful!

I loved  the bike. It was half the price of the equivalent Harley 'Glide yet handled & braked MUCH better. Pity about the fine-touches though, or rather the lack of them (in the true spirit of Italian machinery).

At the time I was working for a motorbike shop and was selling Harley Davidsons to wannabe gangstas & pretend-hells-angels, big-engine 2nd hand Jap bikes to Japanese tourists, and Kawasakis to anyone else.

I eventually sold the Guzzi as a 10 year old restorers dream. I was sick of the awful back-up service. The basic bike, suspension, engine - great! The other stuff such as wiring & switches - unspeakable.
I waited over 12 months to get a fuel tap to replace the original which was hard to turn on.
The replacement tap when it eventually came (after 2 instances of sending the wrong part) was great, as such that it turned on easily. So easily that you couldn't turn it off, it emptied the tank onto the ground!

I made the mistake of pulling the b****y thing apart to see that a vital gasket seal was completely missing. The Australian distributors accused me of tampering (fair call I suppose) and refused to get another.
I will never never never ever get anything made in Italy again, if I can help it!!!!

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#16 04-01-08 17:38:46

Kev D
Verified Member

I got a Honda Varadero XL1000V (reg 2004), and I am loving it since it was delivered on 1st October 2007.

It is quite big considering it is my first bike.  Spending an absolute fortune on bits for it since though lol.  Autocom unit, Sat Nav, I have wired up additional electric circuits to cope with the new gadgets.

I have joined a local group that goes on rideouts one sunday in three and they have been quite good as none of my close friends are into biking (except one who has got 4 children below the age of 10 so he cannot afford a bike lol)

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#17 04-01-08 21:27:29

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

It's a while back, but used to have a CBR400 nc29 Gullarm, Grey import.

Would love another bike.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#18 24-01-08 21:15:59

littlelegs
Verified Member
Website

Hi All.

I currently have a Honda Super Blackbird, fantastic bike, it's good for weekend blasts around the cotswolds, and as i did last year ride down to the Nurburgring have a blast around there for a few laps and ride back, my only compaint is that it eats rear tyres, or is that down to the way i ride it  big_smile .

Ian

Roadcraft Driver Training Limited
Specialist in providing driver training to the emergency services
ROADA Examiner - Police Driving Instructor
www.bluelightdrivertraining.com

#19 27-01-08 18:09:29

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Hello Everyone, I currently ride a Pan European ST1100 2002, which I ride for work and also touring. I use Honda CB500, CG125 also for the school.

I think Honda are well priced, reliable, and hold the price very well which is important for me in my job smile

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#20 02-02-08 21:45:27

davidjw

I have a fazer 1000 , it is my 2nd use it for weekend blasts and a yearly trip to the nurburgring and a few weeks away in the alps although this year going as far as dubrovnik in croatia , must be mad great bike though does all I want and more

David

#21 02-02-08 21:56:13

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

I have a BMW R1150RT... Nothing to beat it for comfort and stability. (OK I'm ready for an argument).

I would like to upgrade it for the new R1200RT.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#22 21-02-08 13:03:01

den676
Verified Member

Just got a new (well, to me anyway  lol lol) Honda CBX550.  lol

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/den676/0673_1.jpg[/img]

#23 21-02-08 20:58:46

la.monikita
Verified Member

Just got a new (well, to me anyway  lol lol) Honda CBX550.  lol

[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/den676/0673_1.jpg[/img]

into retro bikes are you? does that lean into corners? pmsl

Abraham Maslow

#24 22-02-08 21:11:31

den676
Verified Member

into retro bikes are you? does that lean into corners? pmsl

Well, having been on Incapacity and Jobseekers since 2004 I can't afford anything better.

I just need something cheap as chips for transport.

If I had four and a half thousand quid burning a hole in my pocket I could get an SV650 but as I only had a few hundred I have to settle for wot I can afford.

And yes it does lean into corners - just about

#25 22-02-08 22:58:31

la.monikita
Verified Member

so you have not earned your 30k (or is that 36 now) yet?  roll wink. damn lying TV advertising

Abraham Maslow

Board footer