You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-07 14:53:50

dog
Verified Member

Random question about Skodas

Are all Skoda's powered by turbodiesel engines? I know it sounds stupid but I've NEVER seen a Skoda without the "TDi" badge on the back. :?

04-05-07 14:53:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Random question about Skodas

#2 04-05-07 15:07:58

AndyBerry

No, there are petrol models as well, it's just the diesel is rather a popular model I'd say

Andy

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-05-07 15:44:23

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

I wish, most of them use vw engines. The old fabia comes with 1.2 6v, 1.2 12v, 1.4 (used to do an 8v) now 16v 100bhp, and then 2.0 petrols.  All are very good, then a few diesels, used to be an sdi, non turbo diesel which was eco, but not very quick. then 1.4 TDI (70, 75, and 80 BHP) VERY economical, and torquey, then 1.9 TDI (100 bhp) which is LOVELY and quick AND ECO.  Then the barnstormer VRS which is 130 bhp 1.9 TDI

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#4 04-05-07 15:50:22

dog
Verified Member

Yeah I see a lot of 1.9TDi's (Octavia or Fabia I think) around here. They are popular with taxi drivers.

#5 04-05-07 20:46:34

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

There's a load of Octavia cabs around here with "Skoda - probably the best taxi in the world" on the back of them, I'm waiting for the "Fabia - probably the best driving school car in the world" sticker to start appearing in front of me.

Hopefully I won't keep reading the second one after being cut up!

#6 05-05-07 10:22:16

dog
Verified Member

Learning to drive in a 1.9TDi? I wouldn't mind it ;D

#7 05-05-07 23:39:32

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Especially the 130bhp VRS, that is AWESOME, quick, 6speed and economical.  Easy to drive, and puts a smile on your face! ;D

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#8 08-05-07 10:26:36

BigDave
Verified Member

I had a test drive in the VRs a few months back, and it is an awful lot of car for the money...just wish I could have afforded to buy one. They go like stink in any gear...

Board footer