You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 16-01-05 11:46:24

BoSoM Buddy

'Meet, Cross and Overtake...' PST 2, 8, & 10

I've been told by my coaches that that if you get this as a PST, you will be given Anticipation + 2 of the other four to teach.

However, the examiner's mark sheets do not read like that is the case, nor do people's accounts of their own experiences on this site.

Can anyone clear this up for me?  Do you get Anticipation + 2 others or do you have to teach all 5 (Which would be a HELL of a lot of work to do, especially on PST 10 where is phase 1.  Mega-briefing!).

Please help!  :?

16-01-05 11:46:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 'Meet, Cross and Overtake...' PST 2, 8, & 10

#2 16-01-05 12:19:07

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi.

In my (limited) experience I have found that the most common scenario in this PST is Meet, cross and anticipation followed by Meet, adequate clearance and anticipation.

In my own Part III I was lucky enough  roll to be presented with Meet,cross,anticipation, it was my worst PST during training, thankfully my trainer recognised this and drilled me accordingly. I passed by the skin of my teeth with a 4  tongue

I personally have only once heard of someone getting Overtake, but you need to be prepared for it. The training sheets I have cover the lot.

I have never heard of a Trainee being asked to cover them all on one test and cannot imagine that happening, but I stand to be corrected.

As an aside, a colleague who I was helping to train  was asked on the PST 10 phase 2 to cover "Progress and position", she queried hesitancy, the SE repeated "Progress and position".  After the Q&A he spent the next 20 mins running her ragged with ...... Hesitancy :evil: .  She passed big_smile

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#3 16-01-05 12:27:40

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

Just to add to the confusion that we all suffer from now and again, I've had SE's sling in a bit of everything without saying which bit's they're supposed to be assessing! Most trainess absolutely detest pst 10. Whatever pst you get the SE is marking you on the core competencies - try to keep that in mind.

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#4 16-01-05 13:03:12

BoSoM Buddy

Thanks beonedge, that gives me a bit more of an idea of what to expect/aim for.  In your experience, how did the SE brief the phase? - Did he tell you which aspects you were working on, or did you just deduce from what happened in the "lesson"?

Thanks dash, I think if I get PST 10 I'll just get back in the car and go home!  wink Saying that though, I saw this link:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 95-09.hcsp
in another post and scrolled to Table 8.4 which details pass rates for the different PST's.  Seems I should be dreading getting PST 4 if anything (Reverse round corner; & Emerging) --> 1 pass out of 31 tests!!!  :shock:

#5 16-01-05 13:19:17

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi.

In my case he told me clearly what the "lesson" was to be about and acted accordingly, but I know from others who I have helped that that is not always the case.  This can be seen in real life teaching situations and if you can get into the role-play and think of him as a real life pupil that is half the battle.

I got the idea going in my head that I had a first lesson on that day with a new, older pupil who had been with my mate, he worked on the counter at the local electrical wholesalers where the Sales rep was retiring around Easter and that he had been offered the job, with car if he learned to drive..........

That was one of my fantasies, I won't embarass you with the others   :shock: 

Worked for me.

Hope that helps and you don't think I am talking out my ass.

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#6 16-01-05 13:56:19

BoSoM Buddy

lol  No, that helps a lot! Thank you.

I think convincing oneself that you are going to be teaching a new pupil rather than taking an exam will help not only to give you the right approach to the "lesson" but will also help to calm nerves and reverse the power balance.  'He is my pupil, I am in charge' rather than 'He is the SE, he is assessing me'.  So, good tip, and one which I shall put into practice.

#7 16-01-05 14:02:27

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Only problem was, the Git never paid me at the end of the lesson lol

Board footer