You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-04-07 16:44:22

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

stage t 2.. cars

can i use my own car for part 2

as read before with a interior mirror for the instructor

em xxx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

20-04-07 16:44:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: stage t 2.. cars

#2 20-04-07 16:46:13

Carl

Yes, I used my own car for part 2 and part 3. You do need insurance for part 3 though. My car was a 1991 Vauxhall Nova 1.4 and didn't have dual-controls.

Carl

#3 20-04-07 23:05:41

AndyBerry

Used my own car for part 2 and probably will for part 3 too. Unless I go down pink route than my training car will be used instead

Andy

#4 21-04-07 07:57:07

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Used my own car on Part 2. Vectra Estate lol on TIR in narrow road.  yikes yikes

#5 21-04-07 20:45:44

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

sorry what cars are they

is a ford focus ok and a vw golf

em xxxx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#6 21-04-07 20:47:42

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

i would use my own car for the part 2 test as it is the car that you will know best. all the best for when you take it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 21-04-07 20:51:46

ams
Verified Member

sorry what cars are they

is a ford focus ok and a vw golf

Either of these should be fine - but if you have any doubts contact the DSA's technical standards branch and they will be able to tell you which cars are suitable or not.

Qualified Oct 2001 - 1st Attempt 5/4.
Cardington Grade A.
Institute of Advanced Motorists.
NVQ A1 Assessors Award.
ORDIT registered parts 1, 2 & 3.
Grade 6 - April 07

#8 21-04-07 21:12:49

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Used our family car for pt2...Citreon C4

You need a car your comfortable with and one you have regular access to   smile

#9 21-04-07 23:38:40

Jellybean
Verified Member

I had a vauxhall zafira when I took my part 2 and I had no queries on it. big_smile

Jellybean

#10 22-04-07 18:49:41

alt
Verified Member

i used my vauxhall astra, had no probs smile

#11 25-04-07 22:43:15

kev elliott

V70 for mine  yikes

#12 27-04-07 10:59:30

weemann
Verified Member
Website

I had to use my car on my second attempt as my instructor's car broke down that morning.  Mine was an old Proton which I didn't enjoy driving and on which the clutch was dying.  As the examiner did her pre-flight checks she noticed that the tax had run out the previous day - I had recently re-taxed my other car and totally forgotten about this one  :-[

It didn't count as a failed attempt, but did cost me the test fee.

If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up. The Times, Tues Jun 17, 2008

#13 27-04-07 12:21:50

olliebear

Definitely use your own car if you can! If you add on instructor car cost and test fee, can be very expensive! Could be £150.00 per test!

#14 27-04-07 22:50:01

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

i used my other halfs car for pt 2. a 7 seat vw sharan  big_smile did pt 3 in my tuition vehicle. the cars you have stated should be fine. as ams said dsa tech standards will be happy to confirm this. good luck o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Board footer