You are not logged in.

#1 18-04-07 23:04:36

dog
Verified Member

Quick question about car alarms...

Hi, just wanted to raise this quickly, as my friend and I are having a debate. When he locks his car with the remote, he presses the button twice. I've always been in the knowledge that the first press arms the alarm and the second press deactivates the movement sensors inside the car, so that children or dogs who remain in the car cannot trigger the alarm. However, he argues that the first press is what locks the car, and the second press alarms it.

I offered to see who was right by kicking the side of the car but for some reason he preferred me not to smile

Who's right?

18-04-07 23:04:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Quick question about car alarms...

#2 18-04-07 23:17:02

kev elliott

Dog
It depends on the car
Volvos - First press locks and arms the alarm, sets immobilisor 30secs later dealocks kick in
Renualt modus - First press locks doors sets alarm/ immobilisor - 2nd press deadlocks

Not sure what fords do but suspect some variation of the above.

Most cars I have come across have a button to disaable the movement sensors - but stand to be corrected.

One trick that does work is if you are out the range of the remote for the car press the remote fob to your head and it increases the range lol 

#3 18-04-07 23:37:55

dog
Verified Member

What's the difference between the normal locks and the deadlock?

By the way, it's a Corsa.

#4 19-04-07 13:39:03

AndyBerry

I can deadlock my boot for example by using the key, preventing it from being opened even if the car is unlocked... Very handy if travelling, as I feel much happier about leaving anything in the boot with this method!

Andy

Board footer