You are not logged in.

#1 07-03-04 18:58:16

Alpech

Show me Tell me and visual aids

Hello everybody,

I am interested to find out how you're all getting on with the new ' Show Me Tell Me' element to the practical driving test and if anyone has any funny stories on the subject?  Also visual aids, has anyone got any recomendations of which ones to use,  I am currently using Smart Driving which is very comprehensive.  Does anyone know of  any decent and relatively cheap pupil handouts?

Cheers

Alpech big_smile

07-03-04 18:58:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Show me Tell me and visual aids

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-03-04 21:40:19

arib
Verified Member
Website

The TM/SM questions are available fron the DSA web site. These are in the combinations they are asked with answers. This is all I use but also give pupils a drawing of my engine compartment showing location of the 4 items under the bonnet. There is nothing difficult about this. I start TM/SM when a test date is booked and also involve the parents with it. Don't see what visual aids you would need.

ariB

#3 08-03-04 14:48:57

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I herd at the local T/C of a pupil that after show me / tell me, when closing the bonnet he dropped it from the fully open position,there was a loud bang and both headlights smashed. OOPS end of test.  :oops:

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#4 08-03-04 17:33:45

Alpech

Cheers Arib,

I think I worded my question wrong. The visual aids were for use during general driving lessons, sorry.   I should read my post before submitting it !!  :oops: 

Alpech

#5 08-03-04 18:13:48

Liesa

Alpech

Your question wasn't worded wrong.

But you might find it's easier, for others to follow, if you split the text up, with paragragh breaks in between each question etc. If you know what I mean! 8)

Just a thought!

#6 08-03-04 18:45:04

Alpech

Cheers Liesa

I'm new to the 'forum world'  I'll get there in the end.  :?

Alpech

#7 08-03-04 21:36:21

arib
Verified Member
Website

Alpech
Have a look at the following site, www.smartdriving.co.uk. It has some excellent lesson plans with diagrams. Although I don't use them myself I've heard great reports about them. no doubt someone else on her may be able to give you more info.

ariB

#8 16-04-04 18:45:35

Mike Geary

Hi alpech and all.

When I 1st started teaching, I found that there was very little in the way of aids/diagrams WITHOUT WRITTING ALL OVER IT.

I desided to make my own. these have got better N better the more I used them  and redesigned them. (& Keep on making them better)

I also made Diagrams of "real" Junctions & Roundabouts. Liesa & Kev of Leicester have some of them as we live just down the road from each other.
     The "Real" JCTs & RBs are of Leicester & Loughboro'

I now have around 30 + Genral  & 30+ "Real"  Diagrams.

They are printed on A4 Glossy paper in full colour.

If any one is intersted I can let U have a list of them + a couple to try (FOC) And I can make to order.

I can be contacted on 
Land Line 0116 267 7048 or e-mail J88inspie88ma@aol.com

Mike Geary

Bye 4 NooooowwwwwwwWWWWWwwwwwwww..............

#9 18-04-04 09:13:24

Mike Geary

Whoops I made a C***-Up of my e-mail sorry

It  Is :-  J88inspire88ma@aol.com

I missed the r out

By the way the 1st letter is a CAPITAL J

Bye 4 NooooowwwwWWWWwwwwwww
Mike Geary

Board footer