You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-03-07 00:17:00

MsZetec2.0

Classic car rally

Went for a 150 mile drive up to Tarbert today, for those that know it and there were a load of old-fashioned and kit cars running about Arrochar (pretty little touristy village) and up the Rest and Be Thankful.  For those that don't know this road, it's basically a good quality rural road round a loch and up a mountain, quite narrow and twisty in places, flat out in others, fairly well marked with bollards and cats' eyes but no lighting, a great drive with beautiful scenery in good weather. A nightmare in bad, and to be avoided at night if at all possible IMO. Alledgedly the 3rd most dangerous road in Scotland, and yes you do need to be on your toes with it depending on conditions. Seemed to be a meeting/rally at Lochgoilhead, which is just off this road. Alot of the cars had a sign on them saying Argyll Classic Car Group or something like that. I really liked those old cars, obviously very well looked after.  There was alot that you wound up with a handle to start, some little basic roadsters with no roof and a very early car that was really large but no roof. The driver and passenger were wearing those clothes and capes they used in times gone by. Goggles and hats, etc. Saw a few old Mercedes, Audis, Bentleys and Rollers. The very early ones, haven't a clue wot those were. Really was a lovely sight, they looked so smart.

Got me thinking tho - there were old A reg Audis and even older Mercs but relatively modern in comparison to the "wind-up" cars. Now wondering if it would be worth trying to fix up my F reg Audi 80, and also, of todays cars, wot do people think will become the classics of tomorrow?

And I get scared but I'm not crawling on my knees...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.p … ral/26123/

May all your crossroads be signposted.

12-03-07 00:17:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Classic car rally

Board footer