You are not logged in.

#26 27-02-08 09:19:53

hilary
Verified Member

Re: What did you Learn On Part2 training?

Why would it matter which hand you use to check the door with Dimmy? I would regard that as very nit picky.
Another one that amuses me is the insistence of a 6 point check when moving away. What would be the point of checking the left blind spot first and then the left door mirror afterwards? The blind spots afterall, are in the mirrors. So it would make far more sense to do it the other way round.

27-02-08 09:19:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 27-02-08 09:36:28

Dimmy

The blind spots afterall, are in the mirrors.

yikes  yikes   roll

#28 28-02-08 13:50:41

Andi

MMMMmmmm???? Blind spots are called BLIND SPOTS because we cannot see them...(or whats in them) using the mirrors.....thats why we need to LOOK!  yikes yikes

1.gif

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 28-02-08 21:47:15

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...Why would it matter which hand you use to check the door with Dimmy?...

When I joined a company to do heavy vehicle training, the boss took me for a drive in a Kenworth.
I was told off for closing the driver's door with my right hand and for alighting from the cab without using 3 points of contact.

The boss was ex-Army transport and very pedantic about certain things - one reason I liked working for him, I learnt a lot myself.

If you use the same-side arm the door can be opened very wide before closing, there is a tendency to slam it shut with undue wear on the door seals, and teeth-grinding from the vehicle's owner if nearby.

Using the "opposite" arm tends to reduce incidents of door slamming.
You reach across and bring the door to a slightly-ajar position, then close it with a firm pull without slamming.

This is done more easily with the opposite arm and without strain on the arm joints.
I can vouch for this because over the years I have dislocated either arm at the shoulder joint on several occasions without doing any thing drastic, I have loose joints and have learned to avoid putting strain on them.
I always used to get a "twinge" when closing the door with my right hand.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer