You are not logged in.

#1 14-11-06 14:49:30

poshbird

looking for help on deciding who to train with

Hi all decided i want to be a driving instructor but could do with some advice on who to go with,I live in hampshire and can train full time as just given up work

14-11-06 14:49:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: looking for help on deciding who to train with

#2 14-11-06 15:11:18

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Hello & welcome to the site...

Have a good read through the section with reviews of training companies & see what people have said there.

To get a flavour of your local situation, you could go and hang around the local test centre & talk to PDI/ADI's to see if there are any local recommendations that might not be listed here. I did it to have a chat with real people so it's not as mad as it sounds... or maybe it is?

Go to see a few people - big companies & independant trainers to see which you feel suits you; don't fall for any sales pitch, try to meet the person who will train you as you need to feel confident in them & see who you feel most comfortable with.

As you're available to train full time, see who fits in best round that... with some providers you may have to take it slower than you would like (but be realistic about how long this process will take you... I certainly didn't think I'd still be Pink now...)

Hope this helps, & best of luck.

Keep us posted on progress...

Ambition Driving College

#3 14-11-06 15:23:28

poshbird

Hi thanks for reply ,,as im new am trying to find my way round site,,one company i have looked at is cia training do you have any reviews for them?

#4 14-11-06 16:20:03

MiniClassic
Verified Member

To find the reviews, go to 'Home' (found top left of page under the amount of time you've been logged in), the scroll down to PDI Section & the Training Compnay Reviews sectiob is there.

Can't see CIA there & I haven't heard of them. Maybe others have & will be along later...

Had a look at their website & they only give you 8 days in car training. It sounds an intensive course... Be aware of the waiting times for the Part 2 & Part 3 exams... You'll maybe need 8-10 weeks between booking & first available test, then if you fail it's that wait again... Check what additional training is included during this time to keep you topped up... then wait again for Part 3, and so on...

As I said - you'll need to be realistic about the timescales this will take... 'About 16 weeks' is what they say - anyone here done it that quickly?? I'm up to nearly 10 months... had long waits for each of my Part 2 exams & can't get Part 3 till February.

Certainly not 16 weeks...

By all means have a chat with them & see what they say. Try to get details of past students & have a chat with them to see how long it took them & how good they found it... & be aware these are probably the best people they've let you talk to.

Ambition Driving College

#5 21-11-06 17:26:36

poshbird

Hi by reading a lot of posts on here it looks like i could do part 1 alone and do part 2 and by pay as you go with an instructor ?/is that correct??

I really dont want to pay a lump sum if i can help it as it seems to be a waste of money..Where do i get the books to start training for part 1 and where do i find someone who will train me on a one to one for part 2 and 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 21-11-06 19:07:12

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Don't pay a lump sum to anyone!

Yes, part one can be done alone - you can get the whole question bank along with the ADI starter pack from the DSA - both cost around £11 from the DSA:

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=40

Get a copy of Driving: The essential skills, the Highway code, and the Driving Instructor's handbook. This will keep you going for a while. Start thinking about your driving as soon as you can - however good you are, you'll probably need a tune up before you take part 2.

Find a good trainer for parts 2 and 3 in your area, but don't be afraid to travel a few miles to find a good one.

Do as much research as you can, then when information overload sets in, ask your trainer!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

#7 27-11-06 14:39:29

poshbird

anyone heard of driving innovations driving school pay as you go scheme?

#8 05-01-07 11:14:39

JLS
Verified Member

Spoke to someone yesterday who'd looked at the Instructor Colledge at Newbury,where one option is to pay the fees back when you start earning!rather like Uni course fees!May be worth checking. JLS

#9 05-01-07 15:38:29

luchell

Whereabouts in hampshire are you, we may know someone here who can help?

What about a career development loan, i don't know much im sorry to say but i think you can get them and you start paying it back WHEN you are earning

#10 05-01-07 16:46:43

poshbird

Hi i live in basingstoke if that helps but willing to travel ,really want to learn as fast i can so i can start earning,,,can study full time

#11 06-01-07 07:27:49

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

I sent you a personal message poshbird

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer