You are not logged in.

#1 02-12-04 11:31:09

Briano

Starting to train!

After reading these forums for quite a while now I think I can safely come to the conclusion that the quietest times of the year for instructors are summer and winter!
But at what time of the year would it be best to start instructing for the first time once qualified?  i.e it wouldn't be much business sense to start in late December would it!? :shock:

02-12-04 11:31:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Starting to train!

#2 02-12-04 16:59:11

Carl

Actually the end of December is a great time to start, just don't expect to be very busy.

It's a good time to get adverts out and the car on the road ready for Spring. Once Christmas and the New Year is out of the way, pupils do tend to come back, usually around mid January.

Carl

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-12-04 22:51:13

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

If you want to put an ad in the yellow pages they normally come out in Nov

I started off working for a school and put an ad in in july then handed my notice in once the YP had come out (end nov)

I had enough work to get out on my own

You can never tell in this business and of course a lot of it may be out of your hands waiting for exam dates and if you pass them all first time

regards   smile

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

Board footer