You are not logged in.

#1 30-11-04 22:03:38

ecosse

If You Had To Do It All Again

Just out of interest for all qualified ADIs, if you had to do it all again what would you do different if anything at all?
Would you go with a Company to do your training, or would you do it yourself?
I really want to proceed with my training and have identified a Company to go ahead with but something is nagging away at me, and I dont know why. Its not the cost, I know it is steep but that isnt an issue. I guess I am scarred that I dont pick the right route to proceed and everything falls apart. Oh doubt is a great thing isnt it (NOT).
Thanks.

30-11-04 22:03:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: If You Had To Do It All Again

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-11-04 22:32:06

jgarbutt
Verified Member
Website

Knowing what I know now, then yes I'd do it differently. In my opinion:

Part 1 can easily be done with self-study, it's really not worh paying someone a load of money for this.

Part 2 should be quite possible to pass with a decent local ADI, if you use an ADI trainer for this make sure you aren't paying over the odds.

Part 3 - this is where you want to spend your money, with a reputable, experienced ADI trainer. And DO NOT take your first attempt until you are completely ready.

Hope that helps, and hasn't just further confused you. Ask if you want some more detail.

Jason Garbutt
DSA Approved Driving Instructor
GDlogom.gif
[color=blue]      Driving lessons throughout Sussex
Tel. 01403 251662 - www.GreatDriver.co.uk

#3 30-11-04 22:39:44

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

YES OH YES I would do it differently   :oops:

I choose a local ADI out of the YP and thought he would be better than the big schools  WRONG - he had no extra qualification and had been teaching ADI's for 15 years ALL the same way -

SO I took out a trainee lic and NO IDEA how to teach the pupil nearly ended up killing myself and the pupil!!!!!!!!!

Thats what made me decide to become an ADI trainer and having done a teacher training course and extra training to go onto the ORDIT reg I am finally getting to grips with it and still think I have a long way to go

With us you can choose pay up front or pay as you go if you want to do the part one yourself and want help with the part 2 and 3

I have tried to be as accomodating as possible as I now know that it about the individual NOT the companies profit

SO - Go with your instinct - if you are not happy paying up front DONT - get any thing you are not happy with IN WRITING or dont bother and if they are not ORDIT you have not got a hope in hell of complaining or getting any refund

Regards   smile

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#4 30-11-04 22:49:00

drivetime
Verified Member
Website

I would do it as Jason says 100% better than all that money to the big Companies.

#5 30-11-04 23:34:20

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I would also, do it myself.

100% sure about that  smile

#6 05-12-04 08:20:11

bajr

I agree with jason with the proviso that Part 1 training should be taken very seriously and should include all the reading you expect to do for Part 3. Also Part 2 you may want to make sure you have a highly graded ADI and perhaps some guide such as John Farlem's Part 2 guide.
Part 3 really does need good training. I am a qualified teacher also and I still found this was far harder than anything in the classroom!

Bruce

#7 06-12-04 22:12:52

Anonymous

yes i would do it difrently keep away from those companys do part one your self part two with a adi and three with a adius trainer with experince of this type of teaching

#8 09-12-04 08:13:12

Carl

I wouldn't alter anything I done on the training. More than happy with the company I was with and having someone I could talk to if I needed help was a bonus.

If anyything I'd change the way I have run the business since qualifying. And I probably wouldn't move to a completely new area just as I was getting established and getting a great reputation. Still, hind-sight is a wonderful thing...

Carl

Board footer