You are not logged in.

#1 31-10-06 23:11:19

sw
Verified Member

Pupil introduction services

A pushy sales lady phoned me the other day from an internet instructor introduction service (I wont name them on here) asking if i'd like to advertise on their site as they're 'getting lots of enquiries from my area'.

I told the lady that i'm not teaching any more (as gave up the pink) and that i'm concentrating on my part 3 next week and hopefully the school I go with once qualified will give me some work.

She didn't seem to grasp the point that im not teaching, that didnt matter give us a £250 sign up fee now, reduced to £225 then as a special offer, and then £30 a month or so as they've had 750 enquiries from my area in the last month.....

She was quite offended when I said that i'd never heard of the company, apparently I should have seen their TV adverts recently, and that I really shouldnt go with the school I may well go with as they're very expensive.

Cheek of her!

31-10-06 23:11:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pupil introduction services

#2 31-10-06 23:14:12

Karenadi

I signed my phone numbers and address up with telephone preference services.  It stops alot of nuisance calls - not quite all of them, but it has cut them down drastically.  I was getting them almost daily.  The other thing I do, is if they don't withhold their number, I save it in my phone as 'don't answer'.  That is a useful tool too.

#3 31-10-06 23:15:44

Evan

We had the same sales pitch, they phoned me and two of my colleagues promising 80 pupils per month. Yeah right. Needed a decision quickly because they couldn't hold the offer open for long.

I gave the guy a quick decision, I cut the call off, can't be more decisive then that, then he phoned one of my co-instructors. Pushy bathplugs aren't they. Ev

#4 31-10-06 23:39:03

sw
Verified Member

I don't know how they got my mobile number as I never give it out on things like forms and stuff. The thing that got me was she couldn't grasp the fact that I'm not teaching at the moment and if the worse comes to the worse I may never do again! It was 'give us £225 now anyway and you'll be ready for when you pass'. I'm wondering if they got my number from my original training provider, sounds like the sort of thing they'd do, give us the money now and hope for the best.

#5 01-11-06 12:38:13

Jimothy
Verified Member

I had these folks ring me up to. They called my home number which is ex-directory.

I told em I wasn't interested because other companies had made similar claims to get me leads with my other business (I'm a wedding photographer) and that those promises had come to nought. So then the sales woman becomes an expert in the wedding photography buesiness and can get me 128 enquiries per month. So i gave em short shrift and hung up. They do get very angry when you say you aint interested though.

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#6 01-11-06 13:00:04

luchell

I'd have hung up to!! I get annoyed by these people saying i will be the only one in their magazine which doesn't actually exist where they say they are the local emergency services. Brum accent and i ask him where hes from erm erm erm then gives my home town   roll Had 6 calls from them now, theyve even got a website with the said magazine of non existence on it   roll  I won't answer withheld numbers, never have never will unless i am expecting an urgent call in which case i have little choice but i get quite irritated by with held numbers  lol

#7 01-11-06 19:52:42

sw
Verified Member

They told me that they had about 6 other instructors in my area advertising with them which when I looked on their website later seemed to be true. The sales person just couldnt seem to grasp the fact that as im not teaching until I pass part 3 im not in a position to advertise anyway, that didn't seem to bother her.

She was so off at the end when I told her that I wasn't interested that if they rung me again in the future i'd probably turn them down anyway!

#8 01-11-06 21:13:03

sjubb
Verified Member

they use pushy sales techniques and get you to sign up via credit card.

There is no chance of a refund because the transaction is judged as business to business and is not covered by consumer law.

Anyone wanting to know who they are they are an internet search engine that have lots of complaints and they are called U****us. Work the rest out yourselves.

Personally I'd like to name them.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 02-11-06 12:17:35

sw
Verified Member

they use pushy sales techniques and get you to sign up via credit card.

There is no chance of a refund because the transaction is judged as business to business and is not covered by consumer law.

Anyone wanting to know who they are they are an internet search engine that have lots of complaints and they are called U****us. Work the rest out yourselves.

Yep thats's the firm.

I cant believe that any firm has 750 enquiries a month for one area looking for driving instructors.

#10 02-11-06 12:43:38

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

These guys are getting a very bad rep in a few forums and in other areas of life as well. Please steer clear, thanks for the reminder that business to business transactions are not covered by as tight legislation on selling.

#11 02-11-06 20:45:29

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

I was also contacted by them I said we have enough leads and are fully booked also that there are to many directories already that we have advertised with that have not delivered and they will be dropped next year.
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
phillipjackson@adeptdrive.co.uk
tel 01462-636423
ADI's Wanted Stevenage,Letchworth,Hitchin,Baldock
N.Herts

#12 03-11-06 02:16:10

sw
Verified Member

I never sign up for anything when people phone me, only when I phone them. I'd never give my credit card number or personal details over the phone to someone that could be anyone. I said to the lady if you send me some information i'd look at it and may be interested in the future but she said no she couldn't do that. That was enough for me, if they're not prepared to even send documents about their service then bye bye.

She sounded surprised when I said i'd never heard of the company before, apparently I must have seen their TV adverts.

She could have said it's only £5 to set it up, they still wouldn't have got my credit card number.

Apparently as part of the fee they design a 2 page website for you.

#13 03-11-06 13:00:17

Target
Verified Member
Website

Ufindus have to be the worst persistant callers trying to get your money.

When you look at the website, alot of instructors have given up the money thou. I just wonder how many enquries they actually receive from this course.

I have to confess. I've done the same myself. I agreed a years package with CityVisitor. Admitedly this was before my website was ranking in the top 10, but even prior to this there were no enquiries from this source and very few hits.

I was even told over the phone I'd get a new logo designed, but later found out this would cost £50.

Not to mention the problems with Yell.com and Thomson. Its just not worth it.

I cannot monitor my landline calls but I never pick up out of town numbers or withheld callers, just for an easy life. Like Karen I also put a message for ones I do not want to speak to.

They get a polite. " I'm not interested, thank you". Then if they do not here it the first time I'll say it again. If they have not got the message at this point the phone is just put down and switched off.

Its sad, but if someone wants to call and cannot understand the words NO THANKS, you are left with little choice.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#14 03-11-06 14:49:45

Jimothy
Verified Member

These people just rang me again - the second call from them this week. I told the guy that I am sick and tired of them phoning me. He promised to make a note so that they never call me again. I'll keep you posetd on how long it is before they call me next time.

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#15 03-11-06 19:22:22

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

I actually found a blog site about ufindus.com, all it had on it was complaints of lots of clients they had shafted, once you sign up for the web site they automatically charge
for the service from your credit card details no e-mails, phone calls, or renewal notice is sent, in their terms and conditions it states you have to contact them in writing 60 days before your renewal is due or you will be charged. Two thing springs to mind money spinner, shaft the customer.
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
phillipjackson@adeptdrive.co.uk
tel 01462-636423
ADI's Wanted Stevenage,Letchworth,Hitchin,Baldock
N.Herts

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 04-11-06 08:18:57

Carl

These people just rang me again - the second call from them this week. I told the guy that I am sick and tired of them phoning me. He promised to make a note so that they never call me again. I'll keep you posetd on how long it is before they call me next time.

Oh, I'd give it a couple of weeks. I've had three calls from this crowd in the last couple of months, each time I've told them I'm not interested and to stop calling. Each time I was told that "a note would be put on the record". Last time they claimed to be calling on behalf of the DIA - yeah right!!!!

Carl

#17 04-11-06 11:20:58

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

B****ger - just signed up with these!!! Guilible or what!!! - signed up on Oct 19th they said they would set my level at 217 hits per month or else I could cancel, so far had two referrals (neither of which seem to have come to anything - as I always ask) - judging from this, it aint gonna be easy to get rid..... mmm my fingers are gonna be burnt me thinks..... :oops:

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

#18 05-11-06 18:44:33

Karenadi

Jimothy wrote:

Oh, I'd give it a couple of weeks. I've had three calls from this crowd in the last couple of months, each time I've told them I'm not interested and to stop calling. Each time I was told that "a note would be put on the record". Last time they claimed to be calling on behalf of the DIA - yeah right!!!!

Carl

I save the number in my phone as 'don't answer' then when it comes up I don't answer, and they stop phoning.  Also sign up with Preferential Telephone Services: and then report them if they keep phoning you: they'll deal with it for you. Simple answer every time is if you want advertising, you will look for it, not wait for someone to phone up offering it.

#19 06-11-06 16:25:00

jonks

Oh I'll name them... Ufindus... and i have heard nothing good about them thus far.  Has anyone here had any good experiences with them. I'm interested in this on a personal level also.

#20 06-11-06 22:04:49

Karenadi

Oh I'll name them... Ufindus... and i have heard nothing good about them thus far.  Has anyone here had any good experiences with them. I'm interested in this on a personal level also.

They are in my phone under 'don't answer' lol

They are most annoying: could amost set the clock by the time they phone too.  Got passed getting sucked in by this lot.

#21 10-11-06 21:15:36

Evan

Funny I told them in a roundabout (scuze the pun) way to Fcuk off after the 12th or 13th call 9 of which were when I was on lessons. So I am probably now listed under don't contact at UF....DUS. As Katherine Tate so eloquently says ''Am I bovverred,'' well actually not at all now, so it must have worked. lol Ev

#22 13-11-06 17:13:25

den676
Verified Member

Found this for iomart/ufindus

http://www.iomart-victim-support.co.uk/index.php

Might be useful to somebody

#23 02-01-07 02:08:08

generalblight
Verified Member

you're all looking at this from the wrong angle, me and a friend of mine are currently competing to get the longest nuisance caller. I currently am in the lead with 9mins 36sec with a lovely chap from india trying to sell me a phone(well get my credit card no: at least).
waste my time indeed, i've got plenty have they!

my favourite story though was someone who had a cold caller to his door offering double glazing. a man was promptly dispatched and surveyed his property, gave the punter a full quote only for him to tell him[at the last minute] he was on the dole and was claiming housing benefit. don't know how true it is but i laughed.

p.s. they always put the phone down first

part 1 1st attempt 98/63
part 2 1st attempt 5 minors
part 3 1st attempt 4/4

#24 02-01-07 14:16:59

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Sound too good to be true to me and i dont like the hard sell.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#25 02-01-07 14:21:44

Blew
Verified Member

These peeps phoned me a few weeks ago and i said "ooooh i have heard some bad things about you" to which they hung up

Five mins later they call back "so where have you heard these bad things about us, you have to give us the chance to defend ourselves" to which i hung up  lol lol lol lol lol

Blew.

Board footer