You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-10-06 11:08:09

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Tax relief for glasses

Just been to Specsavers, haven't had my eyes checked for a couple of years so thought I better get them checked.  I usually wear glasses for reading.  Told the optician that I am an ADI and he said that my long range vision would improve by wearing glasses whilst teaching and suggested vario-focals.  I presume therefore that glasses are tax allowable but what percent. Do I claim the whole amount eg £200 pr a proportion of the cost of the glasses. I use glasses at present in the car when going over lessons/hand outs etc.  Any ideas?

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

27-10-06 11:08:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax relief for glasses

#2 26-11-06 09:59:25

kev elliott

Re: Tax relief for glasses

I believe the principle of tax relief is that relief is given on expenditure that is exclusively for business use. Therefore if you need glasses for reading outside of ADI work this is not exclusively for business use. I remember reading about a case where a lawyer tried to claim for suits used to appear in court, this was disallowed because the same suits were used to travel to court in.

Board footer