You are not logged in.

#1 18-10-06 18:12:41

ciderdrinker
Verified Member

check test help

got my first check test tomorrow.
chosen a pupil who failed test 2 weeks ago after picking up a serious at a roundabout but only 3 minors.thought this was good choice for the lesson as his serious stands out on what was otherwise a good test so roundabouts it is.
any last minute advice would be welcome.

18-10-06 18:12:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: check test help

#2 18-10-06 18:56:17

Runnyuk
Verified Member

Hi

Well Im no expert, not long had my first check test.

Stay calm, and treat it as a normal lesson !

Make sure you go thru Q&A at the start. Let pupil do a few r/abouts then pull them up and go over any issues then continue .

Dont let anything else slip, if pupil has a problem elsewhere then dont ignore it, if need be change the lesson plan.

Good luck !

#3 18-10-06 19:07:36

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Ciderdrinker tell me how you normally conduct a lesson?

Your normal structure.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 18-10-06 19:08:58

Evan

Don't forget when you introduce the SE to the pupil, to remind the pupil that the car will handle a little differenty, due to the extra weight in the back, (you can make a joke of it if you like, but mention it). Try to forget that the SE is in the back, focus on the lesson and the pupil, remember the pupil is going to feel under pressure. Act as you normally would with your pupil, and if you usually have a bit of a laugh with him/her make sure you continue as normal. If something crops up which needs sorting on the lesson sort it don't leave it go.At the end of the lesson, ensure that you do a de-brief and a plan for next lesson. I guess you will have thought of most of this, but hope it jogs your memory anyway. Ev

#5 18-10-06 23:14:32

ciderdrinker
Verified Member

thanks for that.
normal lesson goes along the lines of how are you,this is what we do today,correct and help as needed.pupil chosen is of test standard so only,in the main, prompting needed.
back on tomorrow/today either laughing or crying.
thanks
ciderdrinker

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 19-10-06 07:41:14

jq

Don't forget when you introduce the SE to the pupil, to remind the pupil that the car will handle a little differenty, due to the extra weight in the back,

At the end of my last check test the only thing the SE picked up on was the explanation of extra weight in the car. He said although I covered the subject it wasn't explained clearly enough. He made no other negative comment and complimented me on the lesson structure etc. He graded me a 5 and although relieved to get the test out of the way it does seem a little harsh to miss out on a 6 just for that.

As Evan has said make sure you cover it well. Good luck. 

#7 19-10-06 13:36:16

ciderdrinker
Verified Member

thanks all.
everything went fine and i can forget about it for a few years now.

Board footer