You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-11-04 18:58:36

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

The Tax Man and Training Fees

Hi all
Does anyone know if you can offset the training fees against your tax if you are working while going through the training, my other half seems to think I should be able to and we can't get much sense out of the local tax office? :?  :?:

18-11-04 18:58:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The Tax Man and Training Fees

#2 19-11-04 07:42:23

bajr

If you are on a training license you can put 100% of that against your tax for that year. Your initial training fees cannot be done like this apparantly- It can, I think, be treated as a capital depreciation at 25% per year?
Anyone know any different?

#3 20-11-04 06:20:51

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

My accountant has put my training costs through to the tax man for last year, but he said he doesn't think that i will get any tax relief back, he did explain reason, but i didnt quite understand what he was on about.

#4 20-11-04 08:06:04

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Thanks guys
I was rather hoping they would look on training fees as an investment in their future as they will be quick enough to take their cut when I qualify.................................
lol Alex

#5 23-11-04 16:47:33

Silvercar
Verified Member

Training fee's to become an ADI cannot be set against tax,It is a  pre trading costs and even though you need to qualify before joining the register it is seen as "self improvement".

However you ADI registration fee's and any CPD costs taken after setting up you Driving School can be of set against tax to the full amount as a business expense.

That's what they told me when I set up 2 years ago. if you go indy from the off, then after all your expenses including captial investment for various things, car, services, computer, printer, office gear, you'll be luck to pay any tax in the first year anyhow.  smile

#6 28-11-04 08:40:55

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Silvercar
That makes sense. I think................
Alex

Board footer