You are not logged in.

#26 17-12-06 14:51:31

luchell

Re: Advice for part 2

Hi there pete, and welcome to the forum, think about the position of your car once you are stopped, the answer would be no not to pull away you are likely to be away from the side of the road. The ONLY signal i may consider is if someone happened to by this time be coming down the road behind you and you cannot move off infront of them yet they are wondering what an earth you are doing positioned NOT by the side of the road in a parked position i would consider a left signal to show you are staying put IF you thought it would benefit hope this helps.

Fell free to put up as many questions as you like in the pdi section under new headings so more people read them to give you more specific help  smile smile

17-12-06 14:51:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 29-03-07 19:48:54

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

ahhh well done to gina and the others

im taking my first lesson for part 2 this monday
but still studying for part one  yikes

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#28 30-03-07 21:05:15

t.c.
Verified Member

best of luck on your part2 show plenty of confidence on test and remember the golden rule if you make a driving error just get on with it and don't let it get to you just concentrate on the next hazards in hand.

#29 03-04-07 22:59:00

wayneadi
Verified Member

Enjoy it and good luck and the same advice as( changing) try to get your driving spot on every time you go out then it becomes second nature  i got my girlfriend to mention every fault i made it soon got on my t#''ts and made me change my habits ,i found it hard coming from a wagon driving background as its all about chasing the carrot and it used to be hard work sticking to the 30 limit but now i cant go over the limit at all now

wayne lewin school of motoring :: our aim is to make you a safe driver for life   b,be,c,c1,c1e,d,d1,d1e f,k,l,n,p

#30 03-04-07 23:34:10

alt
Verified Member

best of luck on your p3.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#31 11-04-07 08:44:57

Jaemey
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I have just passed my Pt 1, so my thoughts have now turned to preparation for my
Pt 2, so reading the feedback has been of great use.  Could someone give me advice on signalling at roundabouts on the Pt 2 drive, as the norm we would signal out intentions to warn or inform other road users of our actions, and if there is no one there to benefit would I be right in thinking that a signal is not necessary?  If this is the case however, if I was to come across a roundabout on my Pt 2 that was totally void of any road users, would the SEADI expect me to carry out the correct procedure of signalling when exiting OR would he judge my assessment of the roundabout and accept that a signal was on no use???

when you are at a r/about you are at a junction so i would advise signalling at all times when at a junction as you may not be able to tell if anything is approaching from another direction until its too late

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

www.passexpress.co.uk

#32 01-05-07 12:52:39

bluffnuts
Verified Member

congrats to Jaemey,
I too passed my Part 2 on the 30th, fortunately during the test I never came up against a situation where I had to decide whether to signal or not. However, I did ask the SEADI about this and he replied that he would have expected me to have assessed on approach if the roundabout was visually open on approach, and WOULD a signal have benefited any other road user, if not WHO gains from the signal?  I might have misunderstood what he was saying but I got the impresion he was saying carry out your basic ruling - Look, Asses, Decide?

Board footer