You are not logged in.

#1 17-09-06 13:25:55

Gina
Verified Member

Advice for part 2

Hi I am due to take my Part 2 in a couple of weeks time - any advice from anyone ?

17-09-06 13:25:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Advice for part 2

#2 17-09-06 19:51:46

johnny1

hi good luck in advance i take it you have had some lessons?
okay learn the test routes that will improve your chance of passing .
fail to prepare prepare to fail.   

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 18-09-06 00:18:06

Doc
Verified Member
Website

If you have put in the practice then you should be confident of your ability so try not to think of it as a test but as a drive with someone you don't know too well.

#4 18-09-06 15:16:49

posh
Verified Member

keep to the speed limit where appropriate,good obs constantly, well timed signals when nesesary,keep up the high standards until the very end, and plenty of practice before your test. 8-) smile

#5 18-09-06 16:17:13

Changing Directions
Verified Member
Website

Drive eveywhere like you were on a test. That way it makes the test day just like any other. Best of luck!

ADI Part 1 Passed 11/09/06
ADI Part 2 Passed 30/1/07

#6 19-09-06 14:43:27

Gina
Verified Member

Thank you all for your advice and yes I am doing the test routes.  First of all I did them in parts - today I have put the first one together and I felt it went well but of course I do realise that road conditions change daily.  Did you find that you were annoying people by keeping to the speed limit and they sat on your tail - I  tell myself they are in the wrong - not easy though is it.  How did you find the maneouvers - I have been doing them so long my own way now I have to do them by the book - not easy but I am determined to get there.  Thank you all again for taking the time to reply

#7 19-09-06 15:01:17

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Are you having lessons from an instructor, or are you doing it all self-taught?

If DIY, one thing not to forget is to have a 2nd internal mirror for the examiner to use.

Ambition Driving College

#8 19-09-06 15:17:53

Gina
Verified Member

I am having lessons from an instructor.  Have had about 10 hours tuition but I have been driving for around 30 years so have had to battle with old habits !!

#9 19-09-06 15:19:51

Gina
Verified Member

Think its the unknown of going through the test - how did you find it - was it very nerve racking

#10 19-09-06 15:33:37

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Ermm... it wasn't 'very' nerve wracking, but you are aware of the fact that you've worked hard for it & it's a test, so it will take a little while to get into the swing of it.

My first fail was because I was still too pumped up & when she did e.stop as first manoeuvre I put my foot down far too heavily & locked up. I made sure that in the 2nd one I concentrated a lot more on this bit! The rest of the drive was fine - don't switch off as that's when mistakes creep in. I got a couple of minors on the final stretch back to the car park as I felt I was nearly at the end & relaxed a bit.

The 2nd was a lot better, despite being 1 1/2 hours long as we got stuck in traffic. Gave me a chance to 'bond' with the SE who had just become a granddad for the first time.

Ambition Driving College

#11 19-09-06 15:48:52

Gina
Verified Member

Thank you for the advice - I will try to remember all the advice when I am on my test - just less than two weeks to go oh and congratulations on your pass - well done - so now I suspect you are studying for your Part 3 - Good Luck !

#12 19-09-06 15:59:40

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Yep, just about to go on the Pink.

Good luck in your test.

Ambition Driving College

#13 19-09-06 19:06:53

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

all the best for your test gina.

#14 03-10-06 12:02:45

Gina
Verified Member

Here I am back from having just failed my test with a serious this was given for my back wheel only just touching the kerb on a right reverse - went to rectify it but the examiner stopped me and told me to carry on and then turn right.  Oh well back to the drawing board and re-book it!!

#15 03-10-06 12:03:23

Gina
Verified Member

Oh I should have said a right reverse around the corner

#16 03-10-06 12:13:05

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about that - I'm guessing that you were under the minor errors limit as well?

Same situation as me in that case - the driving went well, just made a little mistake on one of the man's.

As you said... straight back into it & rebook for the delayed pass.

Let us know when the next date is, so we can all send you good vibes!

Ambition Driving College

#17 03-10-06 12:58:39

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

bad luck on the failure, but look on it as experience for the next one when you WILL be succesful.

#18 05-10-06 09:28:11

tobyphotos
Verified Member
Website

sorry to hear about your fail. if it is any consolation i too failed my first attempt( 2 serious) just recently

Taking a Positive approach to learning to Drive
www.positivetuition.co.uk
+447828724510

#19 07-10-06 15:26:13

Gina
Verified Member

Thank you for your remarks -I have managed to re-book for this Thursday at a different test centre (Tolworth) !  Been out today practising the mans - got a bit nervous of them now - any tips on the right reverse around a corner !!! 

#20 17-10-06 21:50:59

Georgina
Verified Member

Great news - just passed Part 2 - now its on with Part 3 - great feeling to have got this far now hopefully its onwards and upwards. 

#21 20-10-06 16:18:36

Gina
Verified Member

Pleased to say I passed Part 2 - now all systems go for Part 3 - I would be grateful for any advice - Thanks

#22 20-10-06 16:38:07

luchell

Congrats on passing part two, have fun with part 3  lol lol

#23 22-11-06 20:35:01

Angel
Verified Member
Website

Hi Gina, well done on passing Part 2. If you can, buddy up with another PDI and go through the PST's together, it really helps. Practice the schpeil, timing, making sure you cover everything and then go for a drive and practice picking up on faults, often the hardest part. Good luck.

I'm teetering on the brink-please push!!

ADI car and Fleet trainer

#24 10-12-06 21:10:34

bluffnuts
Verified Member

Hi
I have just passed my Pt 1, so my thoughts have now turned to preparation for my
Pt 2, so reading the feedback has been of great use.  Could someone give me advice on signalling at roundabouts on the Pt 2 drive, as the norm we would signal out intentions to warn or inform other road users of our actions, and if there is no one there to benefit would I be right in thinking that a signal is not necessary?  If this is the case however, if I was to come across a roundabout on my Pt 2 that was totally void of any road users, would the SEADI expect me to carry out the correct procedure of signalling when exiting OR would he judge my assessment of the roundabout and accept that a signal was on no use???

#25 17-12-06 08:21:24

unregistered

Hi Guys

On Tuesday I have my part2 test and I have a question.  My question is after the emergency stop has been done and the examiner says drive on do I indicate to pull away? I know it is bit of a soft question.

Many thanks

pete lol

Board footer