You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 31-10-06 13:39:43

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Re: Starting up on your own if you're skint and other 1st steps!

Well done gary, don't worry about the website, but I would make the writing a bit bigger, it's a bit tiring on the eyes. No problem with it being simple (personally I hate dancing graphics, but I'm not your target audience). Don't pay £800 just for a website, you'll probably find a student soon who will offer to do it for the price of a couple of lessons!

One student is all it takes, especially if she's got friends, or kids, or nieces and nephews etc.

31-10-06 13:39:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 31-10-06 13:46:14

gary.condon@tiscali.co.uk
Verified Member
Website

Noted and will be adjusted

Cheers

G

#28 31-10-06 13:49:10

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Just so you know, mine cost around £150 to set up and host, and it is really simple so I can add as much as I like. I've got space to more than quadruple it's size and add loads more pictures. (Guess what I'm doing while business is quiet!)

Any suggestions for mine are welcome btw!

#29 31-10-06 16:26:31

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Good to see you are picking yourself up, dusting off and going for it Gary. Look at google adwords to get visitors to your site.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#30 31-10-06 16:44:42

gary.condon@tiscali.co.uk
Verified Member
Website

I think it was as stated by one of the ADIs, I had thrown all my time and effort into the training which left me drained after the pass.

Once rested the energy comes back and poeple like you help to clear the doubt that builds when you realise you have done it and acctually passed.

This situation is compounded by the fact that alot of ADIs I spoke to, said first time passing was a myth so I felt that extra effort was needed.

Now they say well what about the check test. To be straight, it does not worry me any more. I am reading the get that grade 6 book and I will be ready.

G

#31 07-11-06 10:10:30

Target
Verified Member
Website

Hi Gary. I note you have a domain name, but the website from my records is still being hosted by Tiscali on free webspace.

I started this way and got a domain name, and hosted with a web provider. The problem with Tiscali and most freespace providers (unless you want adverts) is they do not support frames. In a nutshell google it restricts googles access. You can also put in contact forms etc.

I'd also look at changing the website/colours/ key words etc. Its just my personal thought.

If you have key words and try to attract those intensive courses from other areas you could start filling a few hours.

At the moment. Your site is great for young teenagers who have started with you, but its not going to attract new custom.

Likewise. You could have a great well designed site that does the opposite and puts people off.

Have to be honest. I used multimap to find Minehead, but looking at the areas, see where the nearest uni is. Taunton perhaps and try to market an intensive campaign there.

At web hoster will help thou and is relatively cheap. Does Jonks do this???.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer