You are not logged in.

#1 10-11-04 16:42:01

kieth

part 1 ....advice please

I have my part one in 2 weeks time, the theory does not worry me, I can answer all 934 questions in the adi question bank (not trying to be clever, I just love studying, especially when tests are so expensive) Its the Hazard thingy, I have the cds and my scores are up in the 60s..but  i am getting nervous - how accurate are the cd roms to the actual test
any advice appreciated   

cheers all

10-11-04 16:42:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 1 ....advice please

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-11-04 20:17:14

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

When i took the DSA H/P test i was surprised to find that the speed of the car is not as fast as the driver on the Focus H/P test.

In another way of saying it, The driver of the Car in the DSA H/P test seems like a learner driver and the one on  the Focus CD-Rom seems to drive like a Advanced driver.

I have quite a good PC although the DSA test seems to be very clear, where as the Focus test seems a little dark and a little harder to see the road ahead.
Maybe camera position has something to do with this.

Good luck with your test, let us know how you get on.

Regards

#3 15-11-04 12:19:51

TimApps

Hi Keith,
The Part 1 Theory is simple enough... providing you do the study necessary to answer the questions correctly. The HPT is bit more of a problem. The computer program is still very new and like the driving simulator, readily demonstrates its shortcomings when applied to the real world. To score consistently high using this program you should treat it a bit like a game; when you see a potential hazard, click three times. If it develops, click a further three times, say, a second later. This is enough to flag the scoring window both before and after it "appears" (as an experienced driver you may find yourself clicking before the window is available) and yet not alert the program that you are rhythmically clicking. Don't be overly concerned about filling up the scoring bar with little red flags; you'll get a good three quarters of the way across before you're penalised and anyway, there just aren't that many opportunities within the clips to achieve this... unless you really are a compulsive clicker ... good luck!

#4 17-11-04 20:05:17

kieth

thanks very much for the good advice, really enjoying my training, this website helps a lot. Once again thanks. big_smile

#5 18-11-04 18:44:06

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I did my part 1 on Monday and like you was worried about the hazard perception part, I found that I was clicking too early and completly missing the window or too much and being told I was cheating!! I have only used the LDC practice cd but found the clips were much brighter on the day. For what it is worth the tips I picked up (mainly from this forum) were to spend the "countdown" time to really look at the situation while it is frozen and assess the type of road and then you can generally guess at the type of hazard that will develop i.e if there is a blind bend with double yellows there is a good chance there will be a parked car around it. I clicked when I saw a potential hazard, again as soon as it started to develop and once more just after in case I was too soon.
This seemed to work for me - I got a better score than on any of the practice clips and no 0's for cheating
Sorry If I have "gone on" best of luck for your test
Alex

#6 18-11-04 19:34:28

kieth

thanks Alex, you have not "gone on". The more info the better, mines on wednesday 24th Nov - Thanks again

Board footer