You are not logged in.

#1 18-08-06 18:19:35

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

I am thinking about sending congratulation cards well pupils pass test

Does anyone send out cards or any thing else when pupils have passed the practical test if so where do you source them.
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
phillipjackson@adeptdrive.co.uk
tel 01462-636423
ADI's Wanted Stevenage,Letchworth,Hitchin,Baldock
N.Herts

18-08-06 18:19:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I am thinking about sending congratulation cards well pupils pass test

#2 18-08-06 18:21:46

VandADI
Administrator

I give my pupils a congrats card, a road map and some p plates, the p plates and cards are from RCM Marketing, and the road maps I buy from local supermarkets for £1.99

#3 18-08-06 18:32:25

jonks

I think its a good idea to do that because it will make sure your pupil remembers you and possibly recommends you to their friends. perhaps throw a few business cards in the congratulations card.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 18-08-06 19:40:59

confused
Verified Member
Website

Started doing it, picked up a couple from Tescos to see how they're recieved. First one was yesterday and she loved it.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#5 18-08-06 19:45:41

msdarcy721

yeah i think it'd be well received........... so it's not all just the pup to the ADI...

i know we're all grateful, but ADI being proud of achievment would be nice too 8-)

how ironic, couldn't think what to give to show my appreciation. so just bought him booze plus a nice card big_smile

#6 21-08-06 14:22:38

Carl

I usually send them a card (from any decent card shop), a few business cards to hand out and a key ring (from RCM or similar). I'm also thinking about designing a £10 off Pass Plus voucher and a "Recommend a Friend" voucher.

Carl

#7 22-08-06 08:20:28

MiniRob
Verified Member
Website

I do a congratulations card, but with their photo on it.  I take a photo on a digi camera of them with the car, download it onto the laptop, and then print off the card on a portable printer. Only takes a few minutes to do but they all love it, and as I'm the only one around here who does it, they all show their mates, and hey presto, free advertising!
I also put the photo on my website in the 'Hall of Fame'.

Rob

#8 22-08-06 10:20:47

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

I send cards. smile  Pupils love it.

#9 24-08-06 13:34:36

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

Thank you all for your input
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
tel 01462-636423
N.Herts

#10 25-08-06 18:16:20

smdtr

I have little black diecast mini's with my website address on.  I only give them to pass plus students at the moment though.

A little souvenir that they'll always have.

#11 22-10-06 06:41:33

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

I give a  congrats card with a few business cards inside, a motorway driving advice sheet and a keyring with "I Passed With Confidence" on one side and school name & phone no on other.

Like the mini idea though.

My mate took photos of all his pupils until one day a large gorilla appeared instead of the female pupil. the gorilla offered to arrange comprehensive facial reconstruction if my mate ever took photos of his wife again!

He no longer takes photos.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#12 22-10-06 11:14:25

glennm
Verified Member

As well as congrats catds I send a xmas card to all pupils who passed that year. Just reminds them I'm still around, might not have seen some of them for 11 months.

I get them from vistaprint and they work out at about £5 for twenty and are printed very professionally. Usually put a safety message in

"remember if you dont take your car to the pub....you cant drive it home!"

"have a safe and happy festive season"

They like being remembered

Glenn

Confucius said: Real knowledge...... is to know the depth of your ignorance.

#13 22-10-06 11:18:29

msdarcy721

that seems really nice Glenn.

i bet they appreciate that. it seems nice that you care in this way. i bet a lot of people would think highly of you-- to go out of your way in this way.

even the odd text now and again wouldn't be a bad thing, i don't think, to see how pupils are getting on with the driving. some may argue it's beyond the call of duty, but i think it's a nice touch really to show that you do care and are interested in how people are getting along.

#14 24-11-06 19:49:29

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

I have had our cards printed and we are sending them out to pupils that pass, response has been great.
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
tel 01462-636423
N.Herts

#15 11-01-07 12:47:51

Outbackwoman

that would greatly be appreciated by students. big_smile

forumbanner2.jpg

#16 11-01-07 22:07:38

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

We do actually send a photograph as well as the card now, it has gone down very well with our pupils.
Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
tel 01462-636423
N.Herts

#17 13-08-07 21:25:13

mick
Verified Member

I use these cards and they are always pleased to get them.

http://www.d-ss.co.uk/category30_1.htm

Mick

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#18 14-08-07 12:24:31

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...so just bought him booze plus a nice card big_smile

(My edit)
Oooh! msdarcy can I take driving lessons with you? I like expensive premium beers, just for your info you understand.

This subject came up some time ago, I mentioned the 1st school I worked for before I went indie, the boss had bright ideas but was a menace to himself.
In this case, his "reward" was key rings, and big solid quality ones they were too, medallion size, thick, nicely made etc. Driving school logo enamelled on the front, plenty of room on the back to engrave the student's phone number etc (if keys are lost).

Only trouble was they came in Gold Silver & Bronze depending on the test score, a really stupid move on the boss's part. I wasn't going to give a lowly "bronze" to a worthy student who had the misfortune to not get stellar results on their test, and my fellow ADIs working for this school felt the same way.

After the while the boss realised his supply of expensive gold medallions were being depleted, very few silver and almost no bronze were given away at all. After a few shouting matches between himself & his ADIs he finally gave in and dropped the idea.
BTW our boss's attitude (he was upset if his student's didn't get 100%, he would hassle the test centres to get a 99% turned into a 100%) was instrumental in our testing system dropping percentage scores altogether in favour of a simple pass/fail (or Competent/Not Yet Competent) system.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer