You are not logged in.

#1 04-08-06 23:11:07

evan

Working full time with a bit of ADI work as well

Just a query really,  if I return to PAYE Psychiatric Nursing, and also do a little ADI work as well, how does this work with the tax situation. Not sure what to do yet. If I do return to full time nursing (quite likely) whether to put duals into a car just in case, or whether to just keep the badge and do the obligatory check test, and borrow a local Indie car for the hour.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ev

04-08-06 23:11:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Working full time with a bit of ADI work as well

#2 05-08-06 07:48:44

WOOF
Verified Member

Evan
I'm a part time ADI as I am lucky enough to have another part-time PAYE income.

Asked my accountant about this and he says it's fine as long as I don't go over the threshold. Can't remember what the threshold was. £40k?

Have a word with your accountant.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------
Part 1 - 100/68 - 01/08/2005
Part 2 - 4 Minors - 19/10/2005
Part 3 - 4/4 - 27/06/2006

#3 05-08-06 07:50:19

evan

Cheers Woof that is helpful actually I will do that. Thanks again. Ev

#4 05-08-06 07:54:05

WOOF
Verified Member

Just before I passed part 3, I discovered that I could not be an ADI full time. Done a couple of 8 hour days and I thought sod that for a game of soldiers!

That's why I kept my part time job and will be an ADI part time too! 12-20 hours a week is enough for me!

I take my hat of to ADI's who can do more than 25 hours a week.  :afro:

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------
Part 1 - 100/68 - 01/08/2005
Part 2 - 4 Minors - 19/10/2005
Part 3 - 4/4 - 27/06/2006

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 05-08-06 09:05:33

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

Just a query really,  if I return to PAYE Psychiatric Nursing, and also do a little ADI work as well, how does this work with the tax situation. Not sure what to do yet. If I do return to full time nursing (quite likely) whether to put duals into a car just in case, or whether to just keep the badge and do the obligatory check test, and borrow a local Indie car for the hour.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ev

Hi
The lovely tax man will send you a return each year where you just fill in your paye earnings and tax paid plus your self employed earnings,add the 2 lots together as gross earnings and work out the tax owed minus what has been paid under paye and you pay the difference,you may have to renegotiate the % you can claim against business use on things tho.
Sue

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

#6 05-08-06 15:00:22

evan

Thanks a lot for that both Sue and Woof. I am at a fork in the road at the moment. I enjoy instructing, have done for the last few years, just don't like the way the business is going, I'm not prepared to get into this price cutting nonsense, I'd rather work for someone then degrade myself with that lark. I will make a decision over the next few weeks. Ev

#7 09-09-06 18:14:27

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Have you decided Evan?
I too am a part-time ADI but some weeks I do full-time ( above 30 hours ) and it is hard, especially if you have to travel upto 15 miles where 2 hour lessons ONLY applies.
I don't quite have the guts to give up my Full-time job ( as it's only 27 hours p/w anyway ) incase I run out of pupils and the money dries up.
All the best
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

Board footer