You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-07-06 17:46:41

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Pt2 Pass Rates

After reading Pippas post on passing her pt2 1st time (well done btw!) and seeing that she was told its unusal for the SE to pass 1st time, its made me even more nervous  :cry: So i wondered, how many of you have passed your pt2 on the first attempt??

Ali

04-07-06 17:46:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pt2 Pass Rates

#2 04-07-06 17:51:06

driver69

My friend and I passed first time recently.  To be honest I was not very confident but afterwards wondered why it would be hard to do.

I would imagine nerves maybe get the better of most.  Why would it be unusual to pass first time?  It would be very unfair since we are paying them enough without having to do it again.

#3 04-07-06 17:56:08

luchell

I did with 2 driver faults for daft things on my half. If you're to standard you will pass, S.es do NOT tend to fail people on their first attempt please please get away from that as it is NOT so smile I had 7.5 hours but my driving was always ok

#4 04-07-06 18:00:52

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Phewwwwwwwwwww thanks! panic over...sorry didnt mean to worry any1

#5 04-07-06 18:03:01

DampDog
Verified Member

lol... managed to panic me I've got mine coming up.... yikes big_smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#6 04-07-06 18:06:56

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Sowwieeee Damp <goes and hides> but u kno wat its like wen u read posts sumtimes...Good Luck with ur test sure ull fly thru  big_smile

#7 04-07-06 18:09:07

SMH
Verified Member

got a bit worried reading that...

how long after passing part 1 would most people book their part 2? (I know could be a "how long is a piece of string" type question)  smile

i have just passed part 1 and was thinking of booking part 2 for about a months time...my driving is generally pretty good, but maybe not quite test standard.

cheers

Part 1 - Passed 94/63 - July 2006
Part 2 - Passed 2 Minors - 11/08/06
Part 3 - Bring it on!!

#8 04-07-06 18:14:49

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

HI smh, i passed my pt1 mid june...trainer said to me to see what bookings where like in my area, and book for about 6/8 weeks time, i could have had test as early as this week, but felt that was too soon, plus my trainer is on his honeymoon til mid july, so i spose it depends on how u and ur trainer feel.
I feel really bad for worrying ppl now         SORRY!

#9 04-07-06 18:22:59

driver69

SMH, we had a 3 week wait for part 2. To my surprise my trainer told me to book the test the same day I passed part 1, which I did as soon as I got home smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 04-07-06 18:25:27

DampDog
Verified Member

got a bit worried reading that...

how long after passing part 1 would most people book their part 2? (I know could be a "how long is a piece of string" type question)  smile

i have just passed part 1 and was thinking of booking part 2 for about a months time...my driving is generally pretty good, but maybe not quite test standard.

Hiya, How do you know your driving is OK?
Have you been out with a trainer?

From what I've read on the forum I'd say somewhere between 10-20 hours with trainer (that's an estimate, so don't hold me to it, everyone's different)

I only ask about your trainer as I also thought I was a reasonably good driver. It's only when you have to drive to the "Standard" you realise you aren't, and how much you've forgotten, and little you know.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#11 04-07-06 18:25:35

SMH
Verified Member

there is a wait of about 1 month at wallington but TIC have told me not to book until i have had my first on the road day...i guess they want to do an assessment first.

might just go ahead and book for early aug and get some extra training in with someone that pj has recommended

Part 3 - Bring it on!!

#12 04-07-06 18:27:44

SMH
Verified Member

a friend of mine is an ADI and he suggested that i booked the test as i did an assessment drive with him.

i didnt want to book on his word though just incase TIC objected

Part 3 - Bring it on!!

#13 04-07-06 19:12:02

megron
Verified Member

Hi

I took my part 2 approx 2 months after part 1.  The training school that I am with offered 10 hours of part 2 training so I made sure that I took full advantage of that as I had paid for it!!

I think with the part 2 its all about brushing up on the skills that you already have and getting to grips with changes since you passed your own test - I know the one for me was that when I learnt to drive many many moons ago  wink wink I was taught to use the gears to help you come to a stop but as you all know its not necessary now.

Along with my 20 hours tuition I spent many hours out on my own practicing all the manoeuvres making sure I did all the correct checks and my instructor showed me some tricky corners that were frequently used on part 2 tests and low and behold I got one so I think at the end of the day it is important to get as much practice as you possible can.

#14 04-07-06 20:08:56

DampDog
Verified Member

Lol... I'm so glad it's not just me who's had probs getting used to not using the gears to slow.  It's 25 years since I took my test and it has changed a fair amount. I'm sure I was taught never to wait clutch in, in gear, because that burnt out the thrust bearing in the gear box.
All this about new cars are more robust "twoddle"...... smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#15 04-07-06 21:28:23

baker9
Verified Member

I got my part in early May first time on my second round. I failed 3 times 2 years ago, redid my theory and did my part 2. I did not take any lessons for the part 2 this time, but for the last two years I was driving as my part 2 instruction.
After I passed the part 2 I contacted my instructor again, told him i had passed the part2 and was looking to do the part 3.
He asked me who had instructed me for the part 2, when i told him he had 2 years ago, he was very surprised I had passed it with no further instruction.
I found that as one of the earlier posters said I had to change my driving style, block changes etc. since I passed my test nearly 30 years ago.

#16 05-07-06 07:33:25

rooney
Verified Member

i passed my pt1 first time soon as i got home booked pt2 which i took a month later and passed first time.if your upto standard you will pass.
           rooney

part1 30/5/06 92%-58%passed
part2 20/06/06 6minors passed
part3 coming

#17 05-07-06 15:49:20

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

I remember when I started my part 2 training having nightmares because although I had been driving for 24 years I had never reversed around a corner as it would be done on test since - I was paniking because I thought I would not be able to do it without the little orange pin my adi had in the back screen :oops: Oh and I was taught NEVER to go into 1st while the car was moving - it all seems so silly now. I also thought my driving was not too bad but I needed the 10 hours included with my training and a lot of private practice, just to get used to not having the pin you understand big_smile big_smile big_smile
Alex

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#18 05-07-06 15:55:28

megron
Verified Member

I remember when I started my part 2 training having nightmares because although I had been driving for 24 years I had never reversed around a corner as it would be done on test since - I was paniking because I thought I would not be able to do it without the little orange pin my adi had in the back screen :oops: Oh and I was taught NEVER to go into 1st while the car was moving - it all seems so silly now. I also thought my driving was not too bad but I needed the 10 hours included with my training and a lot of private practice, just to get used to not having the pin you understand big_smile big_smile big_smile
Alex

I totally agree with this and funily I was out on a part 3 lesson today as asked my instructor what he thought and he said as well to take as much part 2 tuition as you can especially if you have prepaid it and then you need to practice by yourself also because things change so much especially if its been a few years since you took your test.

#19 05-07-06 16:57:40

DampDog
Verified Member

Seems us peeps who took their tests way back, seem to stuggle a little more than the more recent passes. I guess it's difficult to change your driving style after you've had it for 20 years or so. plus all the bad habbits we pick up along the way.

Baker9. I think that's a great story about you getting it second time round, gud on ya mate.

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#20 05-07-06 21:13:39

wolves
Verified Member

Passed part two 1st time on the 27th July 2006 with 4 minors.

Cheers Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#21 05-07-06 22:18:04

luchell

Dampdog for me it wasnt because i took my test only ten years ago it was the fact that i never changed my drive only bettered it. so after doing alot of advanced driving my driving over the ten years it needed very little done to it to get it to standard. If i hadnt bothered i would have found it as hard to get rid of my bad habits. I was just lucky not to have any because i have known this is all i ever wanted to do so purposely sought further driver training when i was 17 smile

Just takes some perserverance and you will do it smile wink

#22 07-07-06 00:39:54

Dawn1967
Verified Member

Ive got my Pt 2 test booked for August and must admit I am a bit nervous too - mostly due to trying to undo all my "bad" habits, such as  coming down the gears to stop, driving forward to straighten up after my reverse park and also never having reversed around a right corner...lol  dont know how that happened, always seems to be on the left. 

So will be using the next few weeks practising.  I think the secret is to change your driving style permanently and not just for the test, Ive found that a habit can be broken after about 2 weeks if you persevere.

Good Luck Everyone!   big_smile big_smile big_smile

He Who Hingeth About - Gets Hee Haw!!

#23 07-07-06 11:15:59

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Passed 1st time with 2 minor faults.

The secret? i practiced 2 hours every night and focused mainly on what my tutor identified. My training sessions were 2 weeks apart so i had 28 hours to fix maybe 4 or 5 driving faults. The test itself seemed really easy because to me it was just a normal drive, but perhaps that was down to me being consistant with my practice which meant for a period of about 4 month i drove according to the required standard.

#24 07-07-06 11:18:27

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Passed part two first time around too.

Wow.. feels like ages ago now.... June 2003.

#25 07-07-06 12:27:36

luchell

Yep the secret is to realise this is now a way of driving for LIFE not just for the test itself. I know some trainees that 'go into and out of role' with their driving  roll This does NOT work. The standard should be kept once passed as you will need to know it inside yout to teach your learners AND the S.e smile

Board footer