You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-10-04 15:25:40

Mo

Competition in the Newcastle area??`

I am still training to be an ADI...But thought id ask anyone out there, especially those in Newcastle!, what the demand is like? When im out and about I always seem to spot an ADI..all the time!

Have you guys got enuff people on your books to make a good living? In my eyes, thats around 30+ lessons a week. My only worry is if/when I do pass- will I make enough to leave my job? I know its a question everyone asks but its one that concerns me and should do to all who are training.

I would appreciate if I can hear from people who are working in the Newcastle and sorrounding areas?

Thanx

13-10-04 15:25:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Competition in the Newcastle area??`

#2 13-10-04 18:59:20

steveo
Verified Member

hello mo.

i am nearly thru' my 40hrs for my part 3 & hoping to go on a pink in the next couple of weeks or so. talking to a few people at schools etc. there appears to be plenty of work out there, in the area. (i am in south sheilds). just been to see someone, who i will hopefully going on my licence with, and he says if i get started in the next couple of weeks or so, he should be able to get me at least about 25hrs a week for my first couple of weeks, to get me started. rising to 35-40 within the following few weeks. (which is exactly what i am after). big_smile

like i said, i've talked to a few people & they all seem to be saying the same thing. big_smile

i know someone who is starting on a pink in the next week or so and they have already been given a full diary.

hope this helps.

p.s. how far are you on with your training?

steveo.

#3 13-10-04 19:18:47

steveo
Verified Member

oh, & by the way.

i forgot to say that he has also said that if i go to work for his school & he cannot fill the hours i am asking for, his franchise fee is lowered accordingly for that particular week (on the condition HE cannot fill my diary, and it's not that i am not asking for pupils, ie. it's his fault, not mine).

this was also all spelled out in a written contract and stuff, not just word of mouth (which could, i suppose, be later denied).

this also hepled to ease my mind some.

hope this also helps. big_smile

steveo.

#4 13-10-04 19:36:14

Anonymous

sounds like a good deal to me sounds like you have found a decent driving school

#5 13-10-04 20:08:50

steveo
Verified Member

fingers crossed, time will tell.

sounds ok though.

steveo.

#6 14-10-04 18:48:38

Mo

Steve,

It seems you have a canny deal mate! Go for it. I have just started, still on me first part. I wish I can go on a pink after the 2nd part but I cant because I work full time. It seems from what you are saying that you will have enuff pupils to earn a canny amount, nice one!

#7 14-10-04 19:41:38

kieth

Im from newcastle (ish) as well and currently studying part 1 - has anyone done any comparisons in the area to see what the average price of a lesson is..? this could save me a lot of calls to local ADIs

#8 14-10-04 21:45:47

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Newcastle, what a great night out !

Back to the topic  smile  I know of a few Instructors in newcastle  that only charge £13 per hour.

The AA driving school charge £19 per hour, i think BSM are on £20.50 at the last count.

#9 17-10-04 16:35:19

Mo

Keith,

Who you training with? I am also on Part 1....How you finding it? I dedicate half an hour each evening on going through the 900 question bank....

Then i'll go through it thoroughly once i read it all.

#10 17-10-04 18:15:08

kieth

hi Mo,

Im training with an independant in Washington, I using a cd rom with all pt
1 questions on, and the DSA queston bank book. I have been through the book  twice and answered all the questions in lots of 25. averaging 96/100 so feeling ok about theory. Hazard perception is taking me a bit longer I am getting very different scores everytime I do it.
cheers

Board footer