You are not logged in.

#1 05-10-04 10:08:14

sean

i am looking for some honest advice from adis and pdis

hi everybody,

i have just found youre site and it looks brill for advice etc , i am thinking about training to be an instructor in the burnley,nelson area etc i have seen one person asking for advise in this area!i have a few questions for you all out there,

1- are the adverts to be belived?
2- are you working in this area? and wots it like to get work once youre an adi?
3- i persume a lot of work comes from word of mouth?
4- who to train with?
5- can ther be to many instructors in one area?
6- any advice would be great but please be honest with me,i see a lot of schools in my local town of burnley and its really making me think about weather to train??
7- thankyou for youre time

sean :?

05-10-04 10:08:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: i am looking for some honest advice from adis and pdis

#2 05-10-04 11:44:45

Anonymous

no the adverts are not to be belived and yesit does come mainly from word and mouth and yes therer can be to much competion dont pay cash up front avoid big companys like the plauge . it can take a wile to build up a good reputation. and ask local adis the dia  and the dsa so that you can make a informed desion . if it sounds to good to be true it usally is

#3 05-10-04 11:48:46

Anonymous

eaning 600 per wk bull s...t take away costs fuel car holiday pay sick pay cancilations bad weather brake downs and other down time you are going to have to work a 60 hr wk to earn 600 if thats for you then keep doing your market research

#4 05-10-04 11:49:58

Anonymous

net profit is around 10 k per year

#5 05-10-04 11:50:40

Anonymous

ask a bank for a profile on the industry

#6 05-10-04 14:48:58

sean

!!!!!!!! hell,

didnt expect that but thankyou for being so honest i like to be told how things really are out there, i am earning £22500 per year and i get 7weeks a year off i know its not a great salary  but the hols are good,i was thinking of becoming an instructor to work longer and earn more money so my wife could work less and look after our daughter(and do the cleaning!!!!!)only kidding ladies!!!so come on everybody please tell me from youre exp can i earn £25000-----£30000 thou a year with hard work working for myself in a few years???BE HONEST YOUR THE ONLY ONES WHO I CAN TRUST NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING THE TRAINING!!!!!

#7 05-10-04 15:24:40

Anonymous

you can earn a lot more than 30k but not as a one man band your turn over will be more like 20 to 25 k yes you can earn more over 7 days but you will get knackerd its up to you but 22500 with 7 wks off sounds a good deal to me you can swop with me. end off the day it is a case of what you want out of life and are you happy if not then this could be you but kiss good buy to your 7wks holidays and sick pay and what happens if you become ill the state wont help you so you do need to put a lot of money away each wk. i love what i do but i did not have a secure job thats why i decided on this for a living so you see i had nothing to lose. try your local enterprise trust for help.there are better ways to earn 30k . i personally have never looked back and when i wake in the morning i look forward to the day a head. i hope i have help you the desision is yours to make

#8 05-10-04 15:35:52

Anonymous

farnworth school of motoring in bolton or steve horseman he is local colne i think and has got a lot of exp at training adis so has farnworth som.if you want to know more just let me know on here but dont just listen to me ask a few more adis to help build a picture . this is a major step for any one to take so DO YOUR MARKET RESEARCH and do it well

#9 05-10-04 18:04:47

Sid

evening Shaun

Its not all doom and gloom out here inspite of what Lee says.
Looks as if theres lots of money to be made even if you're by your self but you got to charge a lot for your lessons and it looks like only the best get to charge high rates.

#10 05-10-04 21:40:22

Anonymous

im not all doom and gloom sid but he ask for my honest advice like the guy said and he is faced with stiff competion i know the area well and its not affluant area and there is alot of adis and if you can get 23pound a hr then you are doing very well and he has got lot of thinking to do he has got a secure job with good holidays and in that area its quite good i think. it would be good if more adis can help this guy make is mind up . i know people who have not been a success in this job does any one want to comment. as for earnings well my turnover is over 35 k this tax year but it is not all profit. were are you based sid?

#11 06-10-04 13:55:02

sean

hi sid,

which area do you work in??how busy are you??so what youre saying is that if you work hard you can make a good living dpe on where you live?

anybody ele up for giving me honest advice?

sean

#12 06-10-04 14:42:48

Anonymous

well sean some one said check bsm and aa sites for the price of lessons in difrent areas and a dear price would a big demand and a low price low demand which is not a bad way of doing it also if you are good at teaching people to drive you will do very well indeed a good sence of hurmor and be enthusiastic and take a intrest in the person you are teaching. you wont go far wrong. but you will need a good trainer ive given you two of the best in your area its up to you.

#13 06-10-04 14:50:50

sean

i know you have and i am going to contact them very shortly, thanks for youre advice but i just wanted to dip my toe  in this area and see what responce i got , and anyone else who would like to comment it would be great to hear from you

sean

#14 06-10-04 15:11:04

piperdog7

as a ball park figure ,what percent  cancell?,ive read old forums about getting / trying to claim the money ..but how hard do you push?

#15 06-10-04 21:45:44

Anonymous

depends on why they cancell and how long they have been with you have some terms and conditions if they cancell a lot i get rid no good to me and no good for them. if it hapens alot were a get lot of people canceling then i will start looking at my self first but sometimes you just get a bad bunch not very often . i politly warn them then get shut if things dont improve its a businsess and not a charity

Board footer