You are not logged in.

#1 24-09-04 08:45:36

unsure chap

I AM NOT GREEDY but can you make a good living as an instruc

HI ALL,

i have heard alot about how much you can earn out there!!is it true?? i am not greedy,  i just want to earn a fair amount for a fair days work i dont mind  working early and late
and at weekends,there seems to be alot of instructors out there and is everybody fighting for customers??i know the average is 35-40 lessons but is there enough pupils out there?? :shock:

24-09-04 08:45:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I AM NOT GREEDY but can you make a good living as an instruc

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-09-04 11:32:58

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
Asking whether there is enough pupils will depend on where you live. Some areas have a lack of ADI's so you could make a fortune, but where i live the town is saturated and i wouldn't be surprised if a few go under this winter. As for making a fortune, i doubt whether you will be driving a porsche boxster afetr a few years but you will be comfortable if you want to do 40 lessons aweek. 40 lessons though will transpire into about 60+ hours with travelling and bits and bobs at the end of each day.

#3 24-09-04 22:14:38

CarADI

Unsure chap,

You can be sure to earn £200 to £250 a day if you work hard for 5 days a week, and have the weekends off. Just need the determination to succeed. Go for it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 24-09-04 22:32:41

Spenceruk

CarADI wrote:

You can be sure to earn £200 to £250 a day if you work hard for 5 days a week, and have the weekends off.

My maths is a bit rusty but at an hourly rate of £20.00 that's 10 to 12.5 lessons per day!
When do you eat and sleep?

#5 25-09-04 05:03:57

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I wouldnt say that i earn £000,s but i dont work all week.
I do mon-fri, and average 6-7 hours / day.
UI think on a good week i can earn £500-£600 then you have all your costs etc to come out of it, but i must admit, i am better off then i was in my old job, and the work is easier, and i dont do as many hours.

If you really want to earn the money then you need to work all week.
There is instructors around that do 7 days a week, and work 6am-10pm every day so they must be minted!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 25-09-04 14:08:18

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Robbie wrote:

I .
There is instructors around that do 7 days a week, and work 6am-10pm every day so they must be minted!

There"s no pockets in shrouds  wink

Seriously though how good are they at the last hour of each day ?

#7 25-09-04 20:40:15

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Not to good as they must be knackered!!??

I find i'm tired by 7pm when i normally finish.
I will only do max of 10 hours/day so if i finish at 7 i start at 10.00, if i have 8.30 statr then i finsih 6-6.30. plus i always try for 1 1/2 hours dinner.

suits me anyway!

#8 25-09-04 20:49:02

Anonymous

yep thers alot were i live who work long hrs then go to the mosque after to fall asleep lol

#9 26-09-04 18:08:26

Ozzie

Why is it that some people find fault in others that do things slightly different to them.

The first test of the day is 8.40, occasionally 7.30. So this would incur a 7.30 start, or even 6.30.

Pass plus courses require night driving, in the summer this could be 10pm before it gets dark, so it would require an 11pm finish. Now I'm not suggesting that you work from 6.30am to 11pm, however flexibility of the working day is often required regarding start and finish times.

Are those that only do 9-5 giving their pupils the chance to drive at night?

Just food for thought.

Oz

#10 27-09-04 05:35:17

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

If people want to learn to drive in dark, i will do it, but i make sure if i am working until 8-10.00 pm then i wont start until later in the morning. If i have an early one where people have lesson before work, or early test then i dont work late that night. its just better than being out all hours, and loosing concentration, getting too tired.

As far as i'm concerned instructors can work how and when they want, and sometimes you have to change pattern to suit pupils, but i'm happy doing it when i do, and so are my pupils!

#11 27-09-04 10:10:36

unsure chap

hi all ,

and thanks for all youre replys think i have started something with my question??anyway i am going to train with BSM and i am hopeing to start early november poss december,i know they seem a litte expensive but the training looks good??and i want to be a good instructor and make a good living with hardwork.

ps any advise on part one would be great

thanks
sean(not so unsure chap now)think i need to change my online name

thanks again lol

#12 05-10-04 18:15:15

Sid

After youve been doing the job for a bit you can earn a really good wage

#13 05-10-04 21:51:59

Anonymous

where are you based sid