You are not logged in.

#1 20-09-04 14:46:46

kennedykrew

Test in own vehicle???? Would anyone advice this????

Hi there
Ive got my test yet again very soon, after having lots of problems with driving schools-not instructors, and my most recent instructor being on hols whilst Im on test, would anyone reccomend me taking the test in my own car??? which i do drive so wouldnt need to get use to it!  Do examiners prefer instructor vehicles???? Please someone give me some advice-quick!!!!
thanks

20-09-04 14:46:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Test in own vehicle???? Would anyone advice this????

#2 20-09-04 17:00:45

Midge
Website

If you are used to driving in two different cars I would advise you to take the test in wichever you feel happiest with, even if they were both available.  It doesn't make any difference to the examiner whose car you use.  You must however,  let your insurance company know.  It may sound funny, but according to the law, when you are on test you are driving unaccompanied,  so you have to have permission from your insurance company.  When the examiner comes to the  waiting room he asks you to sign to say that your car is correctly insured.  Normal insurance (even  any driver comprehensive) doesnt cover this.  Most insurance companies are ok about it.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-09-04 17:06:23

adi
Verified Member
Website

I took my test in  my own car! If you do make sure you provide a rear view mirror for the examiner and your L plates are displayed correctly not obscuring your number plates, lights or windows. Make sure all of your lights are working.  smile Set a good impression too making sure it's clean and tidy and preferably no dangly bits from your rear view mirror (furry dice etc!) Best of luck.

Board footer