You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-06-06 14:25:48

driving partnership
Website

what advertising works in milton keynes

cut a long story short i have 2 minis both heavily sign written, i have a website, compnay stationary advertising flyer's, leaflets and business cards and thats the advertising budget blown.

i own the driving school and my mate for many years works on a greeny. I'm just about to go on a pinky.

Could instructors from milton keynes, bedford, northampton give me a financial heads up on what generates pupils.

we have several but they are all from word of mouth, and the loyalty scheme we run has not yielded any new pupils. My concern is that when test time comes around for the current pupils our income is going to plumet

cheers

chris

19-06-06 14:25:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: what advertising works in milton keynes

#2 28-06-06 18:56:21

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

You have got your work cut out you are competing with clik drive they are based in Milton Keynes and have 30 cars already all mini ones, they have just expanded into our area they have 3 cars at the moment but are not doing as well here we have 3 mini ones as well. Look at your pricing Clik drive charge £22/hr under cut them they only do 2hr lessons we offer 1.5 and 2 hr lessons, Advertise we put a full page ad in our local free paper cost approx £900 that month we got 100 enquiries, we advertise in all directories Yellow pages large 1/4 page ad, thompsons, and local directory promote your web site
how many hits per month do you get are you listed in the top 5 on all major search engines if not get your web site optimised to be search engine friendly we roughly get 1,000 hits per month but we have high rankings on all search engines our advertising budget is £6,000/annum what is yours?
speculate to accumulate.Regards Phil Jackson.

phil jackson
phillipjackson@adeptdrive.co.uk
tel 01462-636423
ADI's Wanted Stevenage,Letchworth,Hitchin,Baldock
N.Herts

#3 29-06-06 18:42:44

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Chris,

It doesn't matter where you advertise, if your phones aren't answered and every attempt made to book the pupil into the car they will go onto the next number and the person on the other end of that phone will probably book them. We are achieving a conversion rate of 4 out of 10 calls from yellow pages, double what we could manage when a couple of years ago.

The other thing to do is monitor your advertising and conversion rates so you know where you are spending good money and where you are spending bad.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#4 30-06-06 17:08:03

driving partnership
Website

phone will be answered and appointments made and confirmed within the car, am getting referrals comming in just nedd a sudden influx of new students...... do you advertise in milton keynes?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 30-06-06 17:09:21

sparkle

phone will be answered and appointments made and confirmed within the car,

.......while your teaching?

#6 30-06-06 17:16:36

driving partnership
Website

when i am teaching the phone is diverted to a family member who is available all day, has access to my online and paperbased diary and can book students their and then, updating by calander by email. would never answer my phone when teaching... totally unprofessional

#7 30-06-06 17:22:25

luchell

My main worry is that you are concentrating on how to get work coming in when what you SHOULD AND NEED to be thinking about is passing part 3!!!! Sorry to sound harsh but there is a LARGE reality here. Only 28percent EVER make it. You could be spending all this money out for nothing. I suggest your friend on his green think about it whilst you put your time into part three or you won't be working with him neutral

#8 30-06-06 17:22:50

sparkle

Sorry..i only got back end of all this really.

Are you on the road teaching at the moment?How is business in milton keynes then neutral

I would hope not answer the phone while your teaching..although many do :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

#9 30-06-06 18:34:30

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Having re-read your original post Chris I see an interesting dilema.

Anybody is allowed to own and run a driving school, they do not have to be an ADI. (some think this is bad but thats a whole new subject)

When you are on a pink licence you are not allowed to advertise in any way for business, a school has to do it for you.

So does Chris have to give up his driving school ownership whilst on a pink licence?

As they say in exams - discuss

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#10 30-06-06 18:37:46

luchell

Interesting, i dont know but chris has his mate who is part of the business. He is an ADI. Anyone else worried that some are looking into all the golden bits of earnings once passed but are looking away from actually passing. I know you want to get yourself set up and able to earn money i just see alarm bells is all neutral

#11 30-06-06 18:45:04

VandADI
Administrator

I don't see it as a problem if Chris's colleague is an ADI, as you all know you need 1 ADI to 1 trainee, which if Chris is on a pink, then he can advertise the name of the school, exactly the same as a trainee on a pink with BSM - only difference is the BSM trainee does not have to worry about advertising, car decals, where the next pupil is coming fromand the like as they should be totally focused on getting through part 3.

#12 30-06-06 18:58:26

driving partnership
Website

please be assured that the phase 3 is without doubt my priority, i spend every hour working on it..... talking about it, even dreaming about it.

What I'm looking for from here was evidence or suggestions as to were is the best way to spend the little marketing budget i have left.

Until i have the holy grail that is the green licence this will continue to be the case, but i do have the majority shareholding in the school, generating students, keeping students etc is what this business is all about as that is what pays the bills... the more proactive i am with that the more time i have to study.... wise money spent in clever places makes generating revenue easier......

The phase 3 is on track, pink license any day soon... pink is just to get the fully guided talkthrough, core competences etc polished

so please.... the phase 3 is on track..... my study is going better than expected, I'm learning from my mistakes, I'm keen to avoid the pitfalls and i want to spend my money cleverly....

so back to the point of this original forum message....

student generation in milton Keynes.... what works what doesn't, how do you get ya phone ringing.

i have a sound infostructure just need more pupils.... your kind assist is greatly appreciated

#13 30-06-06 19:07:30

VandADI
Administrator

Chris, was just wondering what your colleagues input is  in all of this, e.g. how much help he is giving you with your training, advertising, generating students etc., and what his opinions are, or is he a 'silent' partner or does he even exist?

#14 30-06-06 19:13:19

driving partnership
Website

he is a constant source of information and works just as hard as i do to make all this a success. he only qualified recently himself, we started training together but he had more time to give to his training during the day.

So he is as active as i am, and fully committed to getting me though my test and generating students.....

my posting on here is to generate different points of views, ideas, thoughts etc so keep them comming, just could they be more directed as to how to generate more students for as little cash as possible, not including referrals which we get...

#15 30-06-06 19:34:27

luchell

Im not being funny but i would spend what you have left on top up tuition from a local Adi. Who are you doing your training with again sorry i forget was it TIC?

Thats what i personally would do and did do thankgod Money VERY well spent. Like i say without that alot of money has just gone down the drain.

#16 30-06-06 20:03:41

pj
Verified Member

Don't think you'll get a reply from any of the instructors from milton keynes, If i worked there afraid I would say" Sorry but I'm not telling you, find out the hard way like we had too".

Perhaps it would of been a good idea to get qualified first :?  roll

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#17 02-07-06 17:15:36

bigred
Verified Member
Website

September is coming!

Find the 3 oldest students in year 12 in each school and offer them each a free 1.5 hour lesson. Make them the best, most inspiring lessons you've ever done, over run on the time, buy them a bar of chocolate, make them smile give them business cards, offer free lessons if they recommend their friends, use them as loss leaders, stake your claims and make each school your own - Get professional posters made up, over print something with each school on each one, offer to do some theory work, road safety sessions, advertise in the school mags, book a stall at the school fetes....

Come on guys - be creative wink

Regards,

#18 02-07-06 17:30:31

driving partnership
Website

love it. have my pen at the ready.... have the flyer's, have the posters have the free lessons banners, have written to the local schools, 1000 pound for an advert in my free paper...... ouch..... yellow pages advert 550 pound ouch.... i have in my opinion the coolest, cutest looking mini, sign written, instructors top box in complimentary colour i could go on. what haven't i thought off and what gets you the most impact for your money...... the phase 3 test is a work in progress but i still have a business to run..... so again I'm all ears... whats works for you

#19 02-07-06 17:49:03

bigred
Verified Member
Website

What works for me is the schools presentations followed by writing to every attendee 6 weeks prior to their 17th Birthday (6% response) and a website that's performing very well.

But you can't always start like that.

Go out and impress is probably the best way forward - get the first student in any year to pass before all their friends and you should be well on the road to success. Have fun now.

Regards,

#20 02-07-06 17:51:56

la.monikita
Verified Member

i think you are running before you can walk mate, must have more money then....!
what are you going to do if you don't pass part 3?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#21 02-07-06 17:53:52

luchell

im thinking the same have been all along. VERY worrying. Sure your 'mate' will have bums on his seats but your cutest little mini at this rate wont have   roll

#22 02-07-06 18:00:48

driving partnership
Website

as always Yoda has the last word........ tell them Yoda how well my training is going and that people should help me out by telling the pitfalls of were is best to spend advertsing budget......... for when i have passed... HAVE PASSED..... and so my other car has a full diary.... indulge me

#23 02-07-06 18:08:42

luchell

What you need right now though is part three stuff you know that. You need to go work it out yourself start putting your briefings together, getting more training. I've already told you i've watched my neighbour fall and he was so confident he would blast it. Luckily he only had one training car to get rid of that he had been leasing thank god. Only 28percent EVER get through those that do have sweat cried and given up most of their spare time on working on part three. Youre already getting on with the advertising sort the part three out first neutral

#24 02-07-06 18:14:42

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Careful my friend must be - for to teach before being taught is a road with many dangers... (possible quote from sequel 14 wink)

Luchell is right and many of us have seen good, well intenioned PDI's fall at the last hurdle because money and the urgency to repay losses during training became too great a temptation.

Planning for the future is good, but it's not so clever to fill your boots now and then have to say sorry I can't you teach any more.

My advice given so far is for all instructors not just for hopeful PDI's.

Regards,

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#25 02-07-06 18:15:01

sparkle

as always Yoda has the last word........ tell them Yoda how well my training is going and that people should help me out by telling the pitfalls of were is best to spend advertsing budget......... for when i have passed... HAVE PASSED..... and so my other car has a full diary.... indulge me

What training have you done?

How are your briefings coming along? are they fluent?

Perhaps you could give us one of your pst's on here and that way we can see how close you might be to part 3? i mean sometng you've prepared YOURSELF.

Board footer