You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 16-06-06 10:52:55

jonks

Excelsior - Nigel Dawson instructor training (Cheshire, West midlands...)

Excelsior - Nigel Dawson instructor training

http://www.nigeldawson.co.uk/  Tel: 01538 384780 or 07984 908767

If you are training or have trained in the past with this company, please tell us your opinions of the training and service you received.

Please br responsible about what you post. If you had a bad experience then by all means tell us what happened, but do so responsibly. This section is not about defaming any company.

The opinions below do not represent the opinions of Driver Training Today.

16-06-06 10:52:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Excelsior - Nigel Dawson instructor training (Cheshire, West midlands...)

#2 20-01-07 18:49:15

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

I'm Iain, I conducted my initial training elsewhere, including one attempt at part 3.  My SE said at that point, my trainers should not have put me in as I was not ready!

I found Nigel’s details on this forum, and with the backing of his qualifications I viewed his website.  (Which WAS nigeldawson.co.uk, but is now http://www.excelsiortraining.co.uk/)

This was very useful and provided hours of helpful bedtime reading, this was better than any of the other literature/books regarding part3, or check tests!

On this basis, on contacted him.  His initial phone call was swift and professional, again with useful advice and information after discussing my first attempt at part 3, level of instruction been the major issue! 

On my first lesson this was addressed.  We had arranged a convenient place and he was their well before our arranged time.  First impressions were excellent, with a very new and clean VW Golf, and he was well presented.

The first lesson was a bit of a shock, because of the high standards, Nigel set.

Nigel also uses an in car video system, which is very helpful for recapping the lesson, this helped as I was very tired by the end of the lesson, because of the amount of high quality instruction from Nigel, and my own input.

Nigel draws on his experience as an instructor, and an instructor trainer to give focused and realistic simulations of the part 3 test.  Nigel sits in the back of many part 2s and 3s and therefore can replicate the SE with accuracy.  He offers focused simple analysis and remedial action in relation to my own tuition.

Adding to this, a record of progress is also kept by both Nigel and myself.  Thus allowing us to recap and remember points after the lesson.

In total I received over 10 hours of tuition for my Part 3 with Nigel, and it was worth every single penny.  I wish my original training was to such a high standard. 

His qualifications say it all really:

ADI training-Check test training-Fleet driver training, DSA accredited fleet course
Grade 6, Dia Diploma in driving instruction, DSA Ordit 1,2 and 3, premises inspection cert.(Ref:0212) DSA fleet registered (ref:1253) DSA Fleet accredited course trainer, Diamond advanced instructor/examiner, 7302 teaching Cert, Safed registered trainer, Cardington grade 'A',

I passed my part three with Nigel sitting in the back last week, and would recommend anyone who wants to become an instructor to contact Nigel before they contact ANYONE else!

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#3 20-01-07 20:22:08

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I'll second everything said so far. Nigel is helping me with my ORDIT application at the moment, and has been extremely helpful with the development of my own course syllabus.

I have a couple of trainees at the moment who I will be sending on to Nigel for assessments and further training. I trust his opinion, and feel that a second pair of eyes is a necessity for any trainee, so why not make sure that second pair of eyes are bl**dy good?!

Nice new site too - very useful.

#4 02-04-07 18:28:19

george
Verified Member
Website

Nigel also helped my get my green badge with first time passes on all three exams.

Thanks Nigel.

G

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#5 02-04-07 20:52:32

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I did the fleet diploma with Nigel and have nothing but praise. Highly recommended.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#6 05-04-07 16:07:37

amby
Verified Member

I have to agree with what people have already said, Nigel is professional with good sound advice he has helped me with c/test training and training for cardington.  Recently I did my fleet diploma with him and it was a very well structured course. 

Keep up the good work Nigel big_smile

Anita

DSA ADI (Car), Cardington Grade 'A', Fleet Registered, 7303 Teaching Certificate.
Ordit Registered
Instructor Training Parts 1,2, & 3 Stafford and Surrounding areas

#7 05-04-07 18:25:44

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

btw - well done anita!

#8 15-03-08 17:03:21

cityboy

I am just at the start line, trolling through all the training schools available, but i think i have now narrowed it down to either LDC  or Nigel Dawson {Excelsior). Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Phil neutral

#9 15-03-08 17:50:53

Karenadi
Verified Member

NIGEL NIGEL NIGEL

He is absolutely the best full time instructor trainer in the area.  Just done Fleet with him and he is so precise in what is required.

Makes it all so very simple really.  You won't regret it.  Guaranteed.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#10 15-03-08 18:08:51

cityboy

Thanks Karen
i was very impressed on meeting Nigel, i thought he really knew his stuff,so he was my choice between the two,
but i was a little worried about what to do once qualified, not having a school behind me.

Phil.   roll 

#11 15-03-08 18:28:20

Karenadi
Verified Member

Ask Nigel.  He's the man.

#12 15-03-08 19:36:42

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Yep, there's always options, but train with someone who has the experience and the knowledge.

#13 15-03-08 21:00:36

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

I would highly recommend nigel, ive just completed fleet diploma with him passing all exams 1st attempt, i wish id done all my training to be an adi with him.

#14 15-03-08 22:48:21

helee
Verified Member

Did my fleet with him superb.

Nigel I still need help in other areas!!!!

#15 16-03-08 10:05:08

hector
Verified Member
Website

Its on the way......................

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#16 16-03-08 20:41:43

cityboy

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated,you have just swayed me.. big_smile

#17 16-03-08 21:42:23

Karenadi
Verified Member

Nigel pays us well to do that. tongue tongue

Oooooops: not really: he is good honest.  wink

#18 17-04-08 20:19:38

adi
Verified Member
Website

I have just completed a fleet course with Nigel and it has helped me in more ways than one.
Firstly Nigel has a wealth of knowledge and skill and has a genuine interest in passing this on, unlike trainers i have met in the past who are just doing a job. From the outset i felt comfortable and relaxed and was very happy in feeling that i had found a trainer who really is good.
My course involved alot of reading and research which made me realise how much i still don't know about this industry. Even though i have finished the course it has encouraged me to continue learning to improve my knowledge which in turn can help me perform better in my work. If only i had originally trained with Nigel to become an ADI i truly believe i would know more than i do now and would be a better instructor. In fact i wouldn't even consider going for a check test in future without any sort of refresher training first, so Nigel, you haven't seen the last of me yet!

I enjoyed the course so much it has urged me to continue to try and gain further qualification. With Nigels help i am also seeking to take the cardington special test and also Rospa. I will keep you posted with how i get on!

For those of you looking for training you should seriously consider training with Nigel, even if it means travelling and a stopover. The quality of the training is excellent, and is presented better than you will ever get from a large training establishment. I trained over 8 years ago with a large training college and i have now realised that the training i received was weak, impersonal, and lacking huge amounts of detail. In fact i am starting to wonder how i have managed to last so long as an ADI based on such frail foundations. Train with excelsior and you really will have the best start possible.
(no i haven't been paid for this recommendation, i'm just 100% satisfied!)

#19 17-04-08 20:30:10

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

everything you said i would totally agree with
i did same  the fleet diploma recently, ive really put into practice what i learnt, havent done any fleet yet but helped me hugely with other stuff im doing.( had 2 people pass adi part 2 today and one part 3)
i feel its made me so more focused  and ive learnt much more about the importance of structure and positive instruction.

#20 12-05-08 11:02:29

Manda
Verified Member

Hello All

I undertook all my training with Excelsior.  One of the reasons why I chose this Company was because of the flexibility that was offered, unlike some of the larger Companies that wanted money upfront and limited times and dates for training sessions.  Nigel is professional and dedicated.  I struggled with Part 3, in particular the role play, however it helped that our sessions were recorded and that Nigel has the “Patience of a Saint”.  The training vehicle was new and very clean and Nigel was always smartly presented.  The sessions were intense and encouraging, and on a one to one basis.  Nigel’s comprehensive training has given me the confidence to “go it alone” and slowly establish my own driving school.  Without doubt I would recommend Excelsior.

Manda

#21 28-05-08 10:22:05

ASW
Verified Member
Website

Did Nigels Fleet Diploma.

Very good.

Friendly, thorough, I left qualified and confident to do the work.

Would highly recommend him.

Alan.

ADI & Fleet Registered Trainer
Fleet Diploma
Find Driving Instructors and Schools @ ChoosyLearner
or InstructorIntro

#22 01-06-08 12:47:01

adi
Verified Member
Website

Thanks to Nigel helping me brush up my driving skills and his input with roadcraft, i succesfully passed The Cardington Test with a grade A and exactly 48hrs later (to the minute!!) i passed a ROSPA test with a GOLD!

Wouldn't and couldn't have done it without him, cheers Nigel!!

#23 12-10-08 19:32:47

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

passed my rospa gold on friday great training once again from nigel, next stop cardington!

#24 24-02-11 22:21:09

on board training

Hi,

Dragging a topic up from the vaults  roll

But feel it is worthy of mention - I met James (Nigel) about April last year and decided we would work together to get our ORDIT Registration for the business and our instructor training materials and trainers looked at, albeit from a distance with James in Derby and us just south of Glasgow. yikes

I never looked back after that decision and the weather is only thing that delayed the process.

Well, yesterday and today we got our premises and trainers' inspections and all went fine with the four trainers getting Ordit Regn. 1st time round.

The only thing that would have made it better was bringing the new Audi A1 out of his pocket to let us see it wink  roll :evil:

Thanks for everything, Brian

#25 24-02-11 22:24:38

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

Well done to you all,he had me keeping an eye on the Audi whilst up with you wink

Board footer