You are not logged in.

#1 03-09-04 11:59:39

steveo
Verified Member

just passed part 2

just passed part 2 (2nd attempt), over the moon would be an understatement. big_smile just wanted to let you all know.

anybody got any advice/tips for part 3? i want to go onto a pink asap.

cheers.

steveo.

steveo.

03-09-04 11:59:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: just passed part 2

#2 03-09-04 13:09:46

Natalie

lol Congratulations  lol

I bet you are glad to get that over with.  I have my first attempt at part 2 on Wednesday.

Good Luck with Part 3

Nats

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 03-09-04 13:24:51

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Well done Steveo and best lof luck with part 3.

Good luck for Wednesday Natalie - let us know how you get on

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

#4 09-09-04 15:31:09

Natalie

Well guys I failed my first attempt at Part 2.  I only got 4 minors but got one serious.  I know exactly where I went wrong and why I did it.

Roll on second attempt on the 25 September.

Nats

#5 09-09-04 19:11:59

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Hi Nats

Sorry to hear that, but don't let it get you down.  Four minors is a good standard of driving and if you know where you went wrong with the serious one, and you are able to remedy that, it will be plain sailing next time.

However, keep up the practice and don't concentrate only on the areas you made mistakes this time. It is important that everything else is kept up to standard as well.

Good luck next time round - I'm sure you'll get there

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

#6 10-09-04 07:51:00

Natalie

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am practicing every night on everything obviously paying more attention that normal as to where I went wrong as well.

Will keep you informed how I get on.

#7 15-09-04 14:59:18

TimApps

Hi Steveo
I have just passed my Part 2 ... now the real work begins!
Apparently Fault Recognition is the biggest aspect with which to come to grips.
Here's a plan...
With your learning buddy, make a list of all the FAULTS (from the test form) in one column. In the next column list all the CAUSES and then in the third, REMEDY.
e.g., FAULT: Coasting around a corner. CAUSE: Too late in gear change  because too fast on the approach. REMEDY: slow down the approach.  Do this for all FAULTS and use it as a template for your fault recognition exercises with your learning buddy.  It will really help in this problematic area...
Good luck

#8 16-09-04 22:02:28

steveo
Verified Member

hi TimApps
that sounds like a really good system, did your trainers tell you about it or have you got some additional books, cds etc.

have you started out in the cars yet?

i've not long passed part 2, been in the class for some written work (lesson plans/structures etc), not out in the car until next month tho'. still it gives me a couple of weeks to got my head round it!!!

also, about additional books, cds etc. are you using them or just the stuff you get from your trainers? i've seen quite a few posts on here about the blueprint cds and books by brian stratton, and all who have used them say they are invaluable and things seem to fall into place better if you have them. thinking i might get the 'core competencies made easy' book, everyone who's read it seems to rate it.

anyway, good luck & might hear from you again.

steveo.

Board footer