You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 29-08-04 21:44:04

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

LDC area coverage

Hi
I'm looking into ADI training, I have had meetings with 3 training companies and am keenest on LDC, however I am interested to know if I am likely to be able to cover my weekly outlay i.e £110 pw for the car and franchise fees during the first couple of months after qualification especially as I do not know of any other LDC instuctors around here (Berks/Surrey) and I haven't seen any local advertising for them. All a long way off at the moment I know but I don't want to come unstuck later.
Sorry to go on
Alex

29-08-04 21:44:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC area coverage

#2 30-08-04 05:37:09

alys
Website

Hi Alex,

I have just started training with LDC and I am up in Preston.  I also have the same concern about getting started and being able to cover the minimum of the weekly car hire + franchise fee.  I was reminded that it is only 5 or 6 lessons.  I would recommend that you ring the office and ask them the question directly - they are very good and are willing to discuss anything!

Also, please remember that you should concentrate on your training at this stage as you are not committed to working for LDC just because you train with them.  If you feel that they will give you the best training but you are not convinced about working for them then you can change once you have qualified.

There are plenty of LDC instructors on this site who I am sure can give you more direct advice too.

Good luck.

Alys

Alys smile

#3 30-08-04 06:15:16

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I am an LDC instructor in Shrewsbury, and i am the only 1 here. I too had same concerns last year, but i ran the 10 for £99 offer, and it worked.
I didnt have my pink licence for the 1st 2 weeks , so had time to get noticed and advertise.
I did 2 sunday markets which is where i picked up my work.
1st week 9 hours
2nd week 23 hours.

14 months on, and i am so busy, i have to book 3-4 weeks in advance!

It will work trust me.......

#4 30-08-04 06:42:38

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Robbie and Alys!
I'm sure it will be o.k when the time comes and I know from the the comments from the other LDC instructors that they seem to be a good company to train and work with. At the meeting they made it  sound so achievable without giving the impression that it would be easy. I've just got to send those forms off.............
Alex

#5 30-08-04 08:00:46

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I on an LDC francise in Lincoln the only 1 here and I have the same experience as Robbie it will pick up quite quick, I used the 10 for £99 to get me going but soon dropped it as i found you get the wrong sort of student the  ones who only want something for nothing and do not realy want to learn to drive

#6 01-09-04 12:11:06

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

I trained with LDC and because I do not need to work as an ADI full time until Jan 2005 I decided to go independant and build up pupils on my own gradually. This is my third week.

I am getting at least 5 email and telephone enquiries a week and have only really advertised via the WEB and through contacts. I also handed out leaflets at a boot sale. I did 2 hours my first week, 5 hours last week and have 10 booked hours so far this week.

I suspect you will get a different story in a different area but so far, business looks to be progressing nicely  8)

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#7 01-09-04 21:11:05

arwen
Website

A friend of mine is with LDC in Liverpool, 4 leads in four months! its taken them months to build up their business and thats mainly their own advertising. :twisted:

#8 02-09-04 06:05:42

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

At the end of the day, as anyone else will agree, you can only take on new pupils if they get in touch in the first place and if they WANT driving lessons.
I have sent out no end of application packs lately, but have only had a couple back. I even had one pupil phone me, wanting to do a course, as his BSM instructor had let HIM down. He booked his first lesson, but i never saw or heard from him again, so i think it was more him that let his BSM instructor down, and i lost out on a 2 hour lesson, and a course booking.

Unfotunately we cant make them have lessons, but we can try our best to SELL ourselves to them.........................................

#9 05-09-04 06:48:02

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

At the end of the day it looks like it will be up to me to get the advertising in place in time and work at gettting the pupils - not just expect LDC to do it for me, and then keep them........................
Thanks guys
Alex

Board footer