You are not logged in.

#26 30-09-08 20:15:51

hector
Verified Member
Website

Re: AA Instructor training (nationwide)

Hi Mcculde
Thanks for your single post, who are you by the way? If your going to put comments like that at least dont hide your identity. Excelsiors 'team' standards are premier league by the way compared to most.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

30-09-08 20:15:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 30-09-08 20:40:29

mcculde
Verified Member

Hector or whatever your name is your company was bad mouthing AA Driver training and not the other way around. As for hiding my identity far from it I came on here to say that all training establishments have good and bad instructors. Fact and everyone knows it. Lets have a forum about your mickey mouse company and I bet you will find some adverse comments similar to the ones on these pages.

#28 30-09-08 20:57:25

hector
Verified Member
Website

Christ ive really upset you, whoever yoiu are. my names Nigel Dawson from Excelsior training as it says below, who are you? You wont find any complaints about my 'Mickey mouse company' .
If your going to make comments like that make them to my face, not on here. Just have a look back by the way what comments did i make??? re the AA.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#29 30-09-08 21:18:03

mcculde
Verified Member

Nigel You have not upset me. I am putting the record straight re your comments 12/01/07. Yes I am a trainer who has done the instructor trainer assessments and take a great deal of pride in the job I do. Your comments are plastered all over several forums giving the impression that you are wonderful and everyone else are cowboys. I am sorry but that just simply is not the case. Now as far as i am concerned I have made my comments and will not reply further to you on this matter.

#30 30-09-08 21:40:09

hector
Verified Member
Website

Ditto im happy with that, I wished i hadnt bothered.

I only post on this forum by the way, no others, so your talking complete rubbish. Presumably your talking about the ADI forum, was it you I pmd?

Youll also note the comments on here were made by Marconi, not me. Just happened to agree with what he put, you obviously have an issue with me (Whom you know s od all about) as you dont mention Marconi. And just to clarify Excelsior has 1 trainer (me)

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#31 30-09-08 22:29:29

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Mcculde - you do seem to be targetting someone for simply agreeing with another trainer's post.

Is there a reason why?

I was going to put a post about AA 'Instructor training' no need to bother just copy Dave's above

This is the quote you suggest that you have a problem with. If you have a problem with this post then presumably you have a problem with the original poster (who happens to be a highly respected ADI trainer who works within a larger organisation, rather than Nigel who works for himself).

Nigel's is well qualified, so why shouldn't he shout about it? When I worked for an organisation as an ADI trainer I had no qualifications whatsoever other than a very brief (and to be quite honest, incorrect) training course to do this. When I decided I needed to go independent I decided that I wasn't going to just train with "another" trainer in a big organisation, but would seek out the best trainers across the UK to work with. One of these happened to be Nigel.

If you choose to remain quiet, fair enough, but you seem to have an underlying reason to rubbish a trainer who has simply agreed with someone else's post. You do not know his company (a single trainer rather than a group of them), you obviously do not know how he conducts his business (after trying to get him to post on other forums I have yet to manage it, but you "think" you have seen him posting all over the place), yet you do to him what you accuse him of doing to you, but with less information at your disposal.

Do your research. Learn your trade. Then and only then should you decide who to attack.

#32 01-10-08 06:45:36

mcculde
Verified Member

Thank you Tim for putting the record straight I was trying to defend myself and other trainers who work in partnership with the AA against the comments made in earlier posts. The thread of these posts did sort of criticise the trainers when as anyone will know how large organisations work is simply not the case. I did not try to rubbish any other trainer I was reiterating the point that in all establishments you get good and bad and this is a fact so before anyone comes onto a forum like this making sweeping generalisations they should remember that there are some trainers out there doing a !!!!!!!! good job within larger companies who are not responsible for the financial package set just the subcontracted training. I apologise wholeheartedly to you and to Nigel if  my previous comments have caused harm this was not my intention.

#33 20-12-09 21:43:34

arsengod
Verified Member

hi people
thinking of changing schools any pros or cons about the aa
thanks smile

#34 09-03-11 09:46:57

rubberduck
Verified Member

You will regret it. i am. pm me for more info

"it's better to burn out than to fade away,"

#35 16-04-11 11:28:41

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Once upon a time I was an AA franchisor. I found that their call centre was not helpful when I acquired about ADI training, I had left but was mildly interested as I knew the AA did not have a history of Driving Instructor Training and are still very much in the early years of delivering this service about 5 years I think (but dont beat me up if I am a little out).
I think with all training it is often not about the company/product but the service delivered by the individual trainer. I have heard mixed reveiws about the AA and conclude it is a lottery as it depends on who is training you through out the industry.
As an independant trainer (ORDIT) for a long time my course has developed over years and will change again as I discover more effective techniques to help people learn.
Is the AA company course confined to the company course, because if they are just teaching PST's they are missing the fundamental underlying techniques that you need to deliver a lesson on how to drive so learning takes place.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#36 01-07-11 07:44:31

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I have found that quite a few have come my way from the AA, for rescue training, one was pushed into taking a test after their allocated 32 hours and realised straight away when the test started that they were way out of their depth, and felt lucky to come away with 2/2. However it can be down to lots of things, inexperienced trainers, no rapour between trainer and trainee, and lack of understanding overall of the concept of teaching. The trainee needs to ensure learning takes place, in my experience the trainer doesn't find out if they have achieved the same.

This isn't just the AA, it's trainers in general.

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#37 27-08-11 07:50:32

JC3501
Verified Member

I signed up for AA two years ago - started with one instructor in Feb who told me he couldn't do any lessons in April cos of holiday. In may got letter from AA to say he was no longer with the company and they would get me another  instructor. Started with Paul Sweeney in September - he was brilliant and I have part 3 in a couple of weeks. Think it all depends on the individual concerned. I have had gaps in my training because of an incredibly stressful job - the reason I am doing this!!!

#38 04-10-11 10:43:45

rubberduck
Verified Member

Live in West Yorkshire, Bradford the A.A. have 2 PDI instructors for the area.  I am a 36 year old male, ex taxi driver lots of driving experience 15 years, good sensible driver with a good grasp of English.

Ok, I will do a detailed post later this afternoon but i wanted people to aware of the way A.A. dupe you into their system.

Part 01 Very little help, on reflection i should of done this on my own. Passed second time ( my fault)

Part 02 Some help, overall happy with the result. Passed first time

Part 03 This is very interesting, I will update later this afternoon.

I do not and will not reccomend the A.A. school to anyone.   

"it's better to burn out than to fade away,"

#39 09-02-12 13:17:41

JC3501
Verified Member

Just realised I didn't update my last post - I rushed to get Part 3 booked in as the 2 years were nearly up - failed it with a 3:4 but just managed to get another test in time which I then passed - oh glory days!!! Was over the moon and so was my instructor Paul from AA.

A lot of hard work on my part, input from my instructor and I got through - are AA any better or worse than any other company? I have no idea - definitely down to the individual instructor. However, I will not be signing for their franchise - however they couch it - I have my little Toyota Yaris and am building up an independent school gradually and quietly and can't wait to hand my notice in at work!!!

#40 09-03-13 14:54:32

ShaunLeeds

Hi guys. Just wondering if anybody has any up to date reviews for AA? I ask as I have just spoken to one of their people in the contact centre about starting training. Sounds like a good package, but a good sales pitch can make anything sound good.

I was recommended the AA by a friend who is an experience instructor. However his experience with them is only by word of mouth as he qualified quite some time ago.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited by ShaunLeeds (09-03-13 14:58:10)

#41 09-03-13 15:59:47

ShaunLeeds

Yeah. Reading on here, someone suggested meeting my training before committing to anything, which is something I will make sure I do. He might be the best trainer in the country, but if we don't click then it's not going to work.

#42 10-03-13 16:45:42

ratty

Hello

Can someone tell us how much the different parts cost with the AA please?

#43 10-03-13 17:16:36

ShaunLeeds

Hi Ratty. Please see below an extract from an email sent to me by AA.
You can get a pack from them on their website which provides more information

Thank you for your interest in AA Driving Instructor Training. I am pleased to enclose our Information Brochure outlining the DSA training requirements.

We are a DSA approved supplier for Driving Instructor Training (Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers / ORDIT). You'll receive 1-2-1 training with an experienced AA driving instructor and be provided a Learning Management System which will hold all your study materials, track your progress and aid you in passing all 3 tests with various study aids.

Once you become a qualified instructor you are automatically eligible to take out an AA franchise(subject to mandatory background checks) to get your new career started right away. Take out a franchise with the AA within 3 months of qualifying and we will reward you for training with us by applying 1,500 discount to your franchise costs throughout your first 6 months.

AA Driving Instructor Training pricelist and payment options

The syllabus consists of 3 modules, Part 1 Theory, Part 2 Driving Ability and Part 3

Instructional Ability.  You can purchase your training one part at a time on a pay as you go basis, or buy the combined package to benefit from a considerable saving.  We also offer a payment plan solution for you to spread the cost of your training over a period of time (payment plan option is subject to credit check).

Option 1

Purchase the Combined package ? one-off payment of??2,600

Option 2

Purchase each module at a time on a Pay as you go basis

-Part 1 Computer-based theory and hazard perception ?   599
-Part 2 Driving Ability ?  950
-Part 3 Instructional Ability?1,350
Total?2,899

Option 3

We currently have a number of Instalment options with 0% APR

These range from a deposit of 600 to 1000 and monthly payments of 146 up to 265. The payment option offered is dependant on a Credit Check.

1,500 off in your first 6 months as an AA franchised driving instructor

As a thank you for choosing the AA for your training, we will apply a discount of 1,500 to your first 6 months of your AA driving instructor franchise through reduced weekly fees. This gives you a handy breathing space while you build up your new business and gradually step up to paying the normal fee. (This discount is subject to repayment terms if you cease your AA franchise in less than 12 months)

1,100 paid back to you after 24 months completed with the AA Franchise

#44 11-03-13 14:46:59

ratty

Part 1 costs 599 and part 2 950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder people set up as instructor trainers!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#45 11-03-13 21:14:27

MAZ
Verified Member

ratty wrote:

Part 1 costs 599 and part 2 950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder people set up as instructor trainers!

How do we know this is expensive untill we know what is included for these fees???

The overall cost is less than I paid 2 decades ago, with no option for me to have the fees returned in a loyalty package.

To compare training courses you NEED to know the content, how many hours, will it be 1-2-1, books and materials, etc.

Maz.

#46 12-03-13 16:36:59

ratty

I think it is strange that people who want to become driving instructors think they have to have 599 's worth of training to pass a theory test, a test based on a couple of books anyone can buy for a fraction of this amount. This is the equivalent of 30 hours instruction at 30 per hour.

I think it is also strange that someone who thinks they can instruct others also thinks that they have to have 950 's worth of training to pass a, let's be honest here, pretty simple driving test. 950 ! that's 31 lessons at 30 per lesson, how much training do people really think they need?

So Maz, what is included in these fees which justifies these prices? How many books and hours training are included?

#47 12-03-13 22:00:42

MAZ
Verified Member

Well ratty I don't know, thats why I can't comment on whether or not it is expensive, and nor can you.

I do know that Part 1 is not, " 'ere's a copy of the focus disc, yer tests on April 12th, now p1ss off".

I believe however, that the modules overlap so that Pt1 is not just theory and Pt 2 is not just driving.

Maybe some AADS DIT is around to give us the genuine info?

Maz.

Board footer