You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#51 13-06-07 15:26:07

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Re: Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

Hi

I trained with LDC about 4+ years ago I was on the franchise for around 3 years until I went alone
I can say the training I got was first class I do not have a bad word to say about them

13-06-07 15:26:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#52 13-06-07 16:04:58

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

i know on the website it does say pay as you go

how much are the ADI  lessons

THANKS EM XX

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#53 13-06-07 19:20:42

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I couldn't tell you about the prices as it's been 4 years since i qualified and i opted to pay all up front, but give them a call and ask.

#54 13-06-07 20:09:17

sam
Verified Member

Hi Em

Im working towards part3 at the mo with LDC. Im completely happy with all training so far and ill be even more happy when i pass  wink

Cant tell you how much the lessons are as i also paid up front sorry. I do know that when i was looking into doing this 2 years ago the overall course was by far cheaper than BSM and AA

Best of luck

Sam

#55 14-06-07 09:10:23

yasmin
Verified Member

Hi Emmajane.
Fantastic training. Great company to work for, very supportive, no probs getting work especially us ladies! I say 'Go for it girl'!

#56 14-06-07 17:48:04

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks guys

i have my first interview next friday at maidstone
and i have my part 1 next month

i will be getting a career develope  loan as i have not got the cash to do it all all

as they said i can pay back when qualified

hope i get accepted  for loan and with LDC

em xx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#57 03-07-07 23:38:38

helee
Verified Member

I traind with them and they are good but as most say not enough. I took 3 attempts at pt2 sad 1st time not prepared or ready. 2nd time my fault 3rd attempt passed easily.

I felt the 20 hrs YES 20hr was not enough so took extra training from an indie who also sposored my pink (LDC wont sponsor until 1 failed attempt). I was on pink for 6 weeks and passed pt3 1st time with a 4/5 close enough to get a 5/5. LDC foundations were brilliant my indie was the one who got me through though.

Never went on LDC franchise cos of the pt 3 pink sposorship

Lee

#58 22-03-08 15:38:01

lindag
Verified Member
Website

I did all my training with LDC and found them to be exceptional on the training level. One of the earlier posts says they train you to get through the part 3 which I found was also true, you can't start to truly learn how to instruct unless you pass, I didn't go on a pink because of my personal opinion about this.

I passed at end of July 2007, haven't had that much work off them at all, last job was October but I have had people contact me via my weblink on their LDC website. For £25 per week franchise I think you get what you pay for compared to other driving schools, their learning materials for pupils learning to drive are second to none.

From August this year though I'm going indie, as the majority of my work has come from my website. If it doesn't work out I wouldn't go back, it does lack on the friendly family front, and you do feel alone, not much interaction asking how your getting on etc.
Lin

#59 29-06-08 21:16:08

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Started training with LDC in september, passed pt 3 in June at second attempt.

Training materials were first class.

They have just revamped the Pt 3 package to offer 30 Hrs in car training for pt 3 at a higher cost..................take it !!

The 20 Hr option is not enough for most people.

Yell.com advert seems to create most of my work, people are  getting that then clicking through to my site.

Help is there if you need it, but you do have to make the first move.

#60 30-04-13 18:26:51

mussy

hi people I've been in the catering for six years & work long hours 6 days a week, now I'm having my first child I've considered changing career. I'm pretty keen on becoming a driving instructor, I have some clue of how the training works but am confused about the pink? hmm can u plz enlighten me. im thinking of doing my training with ldc and going franchise with them as well. dose any body know the nearest training centre to north wales is and it a job you could make a living out of or is it more of a job you do for a bit of extra cash? please help

#61 15-05-13 16:30:12

LearnerDrivingCentres

The company name is:

Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

#62 15-05-13 16:51:18

Terrier
Banned

30 hours is not enough for most people, you need to look for a company offering a minimum of 40 hours to stand any chance of reaching test standard

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#63 15-05-13 18:24:48

Triplea35
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:

30 hours is not enough for most people, you need to look for a company offering a minimum of 40 hours to stand any chance of reaching test standard

The username LearnerDriverCentres might like to confirm but their website advertises the package as including upto 71hours 1 to 1 in car tuition.

LDC is, I believe, one of the best National driving instructor training companies with excellent training materials and HQ support.

Might not like me saying so but they also allow people who buy a package but don't actually start training to sell the package on. ( I know someone who bought a package from RED but then started a new job in his old trade and it literally cost him thousands with no escape clause)

I bought my LDC package secondhand off Ebay and saved thousands!

#64 15-05-13 19:35:35

Terrier
Banned

LDC is, I believe, one of the best National driving instructor training companies with excellent training materials and HQ support.

Have you taken training at other companies to come to this conclusion or is this just an off the cuff remark. I don't believe anyone is in a position to make comment like this unless they have something to compare it with. Most large training companies train to pass the test (pst based training) that doesn't produce good quality adi's.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#65 15-05-13 21:46:27

Triplea35
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:

Have you taken training at other companies to come to this conclusion or is this just an off the cuff remark. I don't believe anyone is in a position to make comment like this unless they have something to compare it with. Most large training companies train to pass the test (pst based training) that doesn't produce good quality adi's.

I did a lot of research and comparison before choosing to train with them which unfortunately many don,t seem to do. Doing searches on forums etc you rarely hear bad reports about LDC but search for the like s of Red and BSM and you may find some disturbing reads.

Personally I found the training materials good and the support staff approachable and friendly and helpful.

With over inflated trainer charges from Nationals or independent trainers then PDI's are unfortunately primarily concerned with qualifying rather than non required training.

How can you make such a comment that they do not produce good quality adi's? Is that all adi's they train? I would suggest a good ADI should develop with experience.

#66 15-05-13 22:41:33

Terrier
Banned

pst based training does not produce good adi's, I can prove it over and over again it's a fact and there is endless evidence to show it, and good quality adi training is not overpriced, if you want quality you have to pay for it. A good adi trainer will invest 1000's in themselves to gain further skills and knowledge and that is what you pay for. There are those who pass test and those who can teach to a high standard and there is a world of difference.

#67 16-05-13 07:01:30

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Unless you have worked with them, you are not in a position to denigrate their training program, you,make an off the cuff comment that you tell others they should not do.

I found LDC training to be first class, a good local ADI did the training and I got full back up from the company.

I struggle to recall any criticism of them on forums, not something many companies can claim. I know many very happy customers.

#68 16-05-13 08:26:29

Terrier
Banned

kaf wrote:

Unless you have worked with them, you are not in a position to denigrate their training program, you,make an off the cuff comment that you tell others they should not do.

I found LDC training to be first class, a good local ADI did the training and I got full back up from the company.

I struggle to recall any criticism of them on forums, not something many companies can claim. I know many very happy customers.

Unless you have worked with them, you are not in a position to denigrate their training program,

Did I make any specific comments about LDC? No I did not and furthermore I have experience of pdi's who have failed part 3 twice and the training they had received was average to say the least, I have also encountered many who were on a trainee licence with LDC and had received very little work despite paying a fee every week for supply of pupils.

All you know is your experience of them, I have vast experience of dealing with many people from these companies.

#69 16-05-13 13:01:30

MGM
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:
kaf wrote:

Unless you have worked with them, you are not in a position to denigrate their training program,

Did I make any specific comments about LDC? No I did not and furthermore I have experience of pdi's who have failed part 3 twice and the training they had received was average to say the least, I have also encountered many who were on a trainee licence with LDC and had received very little work despite paying a fee every week for supply of pupils.

All you know is your experience of them, I have vast experience of dealing with many people from these companies.

LDC's franchise fee - which is very low - specifically does NOT pay for the supply of pupils. Anyone on an LDC franchise will have attended an induction course, a large part of which is devoted to marketing techniques, and will have been left in no doubt about the need to find his/her own pupils.

#70 16-05-13 13:45:11

Terrier
Banned

MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:
kaf wrote:

LDC's franchise fee - which is very low - specifically does NOT pay for the supply of pupils. Anyone on an LDC franchise will have attended an induction course, a large part of which is devoted to marketing techniques, and will have been left in no doubt about the need to find his/her own pupils.

That'a not what happens in my area, so it seems they have different rules for different areas.

#71 16-05-13 18:25:32

MGM
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:

That'a not what happens in my area, so it seems they have different rules for different areas.

No, their pricing structure is the same everywhere, and is publicly available here https://www.learnerdriving.com/driving- … ut-the-job

#72 16-05-13 18:36:23

Terrier
Banned

MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:

No, their pricing structure is the same everywhere, and is publicly available here https://www.learnerdriving.com/driving- … ut-the-job

Well that's what they may offer online but it's not what happens, I've witnessed it, so don't tell me I'm wrong. I speak from personal experience not rumours.

#73 16-05-13 19:26:02

MGM
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:

Well that's what they may offer online but it's not what happens, I've witnessed it, so don't tell me I'm wrong. I speak from personal experience not rumours.

OK, you'll be right and I and every one of my fellow LDC instructors to whom I've ever spoken have been mistaken. wink

#74 16-05-13 19:35:44

Terrier
Banned

MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:

OK, you'll be right and I and every one of my fellow LDC instructors to whom I've ever spoken have been mistaken. wink

Do you work in the North of England? well I do and that's what happens, are you saying I'm telling lies? roll

#75 16-05-13 19:36:56

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Terrier, you,speak from third party evidence, you,have not been with them so,do,not have direct first hand knowledge.
Those with whom you have had contact will by nature be the malcontents who have to had a good experience, it happens.
There are however hundreds of LDC trainees who have been happy with the experience.
When I chose to leave they could not have been better about it, zero problems
From what I read on forums, not all companies act in such a way.

Board footer