You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 26-10-06 09:50:54

Phil
Verified Member
Website

Re: Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

Today I have discovered that the email facility through the website is not working, so perhaps that is why I've had no email enquiries for the past 3 months.

Email problem sorted out now. Once I have built up the business elsewhere, hopefully getting most pupils by referral, then I would certainly consider LDC again. It is like being independent, but with benefits that make the low franchise fee worthwhile (as long as you have enough business).

Phil

LDC Approved Driving Instructor

26-10-06 09:50:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 26-10-06 23:45:29

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Luchell

You confuse me here. Many of your posts to PDI’s airing their grievance about poor training is that you feel that good training is vital in ensuring success in this business. You have also accepted that LDC appears to you to be a good training provider and franchise as you have only ever heard good reports about them. So what now? Someone comes on and says they are going to choose LDC to provide training. How do you respond? Yea the training seems to be good but they insist on you taking an attempt at part 3 before allowing you on a pink, so I wouldn’t?
Surely if the training is good then you stand a very good chance of passing without the need for a pink and only if you fail go for the extra experience. Does that not make any sense to you?

Before this ruling my view was to take an attempt and only go pink had I failed. I passed. This was not put to me by my tutor or anyone else, if I wanted to go pink before there weren’t any objections.

Dimmy

I don’t know what your business credentials are but LDC are the 3rd largest driving school in the UK and the fastest growing. A poor business plan makes for a poor business.

Yozzer

You have passed up on taking up one of the best training packages there is from one of the best training providers. The training system and materials are the best in the business and just about the cheapest too. The franchise is the cheapest with the emphasis on building your own client base as much as possible to maximise your own income. There are plenty of takers out there who will gladly take you on a pink while providing poor training and at the end of the day will be 3 failed attempts and many out of sorts learners who have no instructor. We all put a lot of money, time and faith into our training and we try to protect our investment but it shouldn’t be to the point were we cut off our noses to spite our features.

#28 27-10-06 14:04:42

Carl

When I trained with LDC I didn't want to go on a pink when I passed part 2 as I wanted to concentrate my efforts on part 3. I will be honest and say that I did attempt my first part 3 just to evaluate my training and look for weak areas, but this was my decision. Fortunately for me it did pay off and I passed on the second attempt with some help of my trainer Alan (who was fantastic by the way, even if I did have to drive 60 miles to see him).

#29 27-10-06 15:51:04

luchell

DOC not getting it sorry  :? :? I am making an OPINION saying i don't see why that is all, i thought we were allowed one of those do apologise.

I can see you are sticking up for Ldc and i in no way pointed out that LDC themselves are rubbish? I said i just don't see why. Some people want to take a pink BEFORE trying part three, i am talking about ALL training companies NOT LDC directly. Hector said this is mostly the case now so i wondered why some establishments were wanting this. I can see where you are coming from as there are many cons to the pink licence as well as pluses IF they are used properly. I also understand completely that if someone has had really good training there should be no need for a pink to ensure success on the first attempt but again some want to use the pink. For SOME pdis the thought of having to take one part three if they do want to use the pink for reasons of giving confidence with real pupils etc can't be that much of a pleasent thought.My post isn't reffering to LDC more the general discussion  neutral :?

If you would care to read back you will see i am not talking about Ldc but the general ethics of the idea

#30 27-10-06 20:21:32

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Dimmy

Tutors already carry out a comprehensive assessment throughout the student’s training and by the end will highlight one of two things:

1.    Student is ready
2.    Student is not ready

If a student is ready, why not go for the test? You said as much yourself that if you felt ready you would go for it.
If they are not ready, why unleash them on the public when further training is obviously required? Would you have faith in a company that was willing to put you and the public at risk?
LDC don’t insist on a student taking part 3 to see what they fail on. They feel that a student should only take their part 3 if they are ready for it. They won’t however sponsor a pink if an attempt hasn’t been taken which is completely different to what you are saying.

Only the idea of going on a pink is the student’s but it is not their right. Why are the DSA looking into ways of phasing out the scheme? Could it be that it is being used by a lot of training companies and individuals improperly as a money making venture with no real regard for the public?

LDC don’t see it as a money making exercise but as a training aid and if used properly along with remedial training the benefits are huge for the student, the industry and the public. Now what is wrong with that? LDC are serious about their training methods and are addressing the concerns of TL’s responsibly, whereas you feel that it’s the students right to take up the TL regardless of the interest of the industry or the public.

LDC’s standing as 3rd largest is well deserved. The vast majority of the company are LDC trained and saw good sense in staying with a company with a good reputation and clear ambitions. LDC’s business plan and philosophy has been spot on so far. You have just passed your part 1 and you are not training with LDC but yet you feel there is weight to your objections on how LDC carry out its operations. No disrespect intended but I fail to see where you are coming from.

Luchell

I accept that you have an opinion and though I see the sense in LDC’s decisions I respect what you have to say. Hopefully somewhere in these posts you can at least see where LDC are coming from.

#31 27-10-06 20:28:52

luchell

Yes Doc i can see the sense in it. Originally before having had an explanation which does make sense i wondered why as each attempt is so precious. I still maintain that Ldc would be one of the few companies i would send people to  smile

#32 28-10-06 08:51:53

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I see where you were coming from Dimmy. Macca's reply was about non ldc trained students wanting to join ldc and go on a pink. As you can appreciate in this instance it is a responsible approach as there is no other way of knowing whether that student has been trained properly.If any non ldc trained student came in for training rather than wanting to go on a pink then that is a different scenario altogether and an assessment would be part of their training and appropriate training would be given based on the findings.

#33 28-10-06 08:59:46

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Incidentally it would cost the student over £600 just to join the franchise (a necessary move for sponsorship) and to get their pink licence. That's a lot of money to take from someone without knowing if they will ever get a return from that investment so again it's the students interest as well as the publics that is being looked after.

#34 02-11-06 15:27:03

davidellis754

Has anyone trained recently with LDC in the Pulborough, West Sussex area?  I would be interested to know how many instructors where the nearest instructor is?  Am trying to decide who to tarin with....not very easy!

#35 02-11-06 15:29:01

davidellis754

Oops... need to check before posting...Nearest Instructor and who to Train with...!

#36 03-11-06 20:19:12

Carl

Take a look at http://www.learnerdriving.com/Driving_L … flash.html

You'll be able to select the area you required and it will list all the instructors currently on the franchise.

Carl

#37 07-11-06 14:54:56

davidellis754

Thanks Carl, this is exactly what i needed...cheers.

#38 07-02-07 17:32:10

G
Verified Member
Website

I have been training with LDC since Sept 06 & have so far found them to be excellent.
The part 1 training was very comprehensive but it was aimed at giving you the base information that you need to be a driving instructor not just to pass the part 1 test. It was varied & as long as you did what they said, when they said it worked. They even went into great detail about how poeple learn & teaching methods which will be of great use for part 3.
The part 2 training started with an assesment drive(2hrs 1-1) where the instuctor told you how bad a driver you had become over the years. A good programme of self development exercises followed although I did feel a bit on my own & a DVD showing the standard of driving you should be aiming at. After the exercises you then get a further 8 hrs 1-1 which for me consisted of driving with limited intervention & an assesment at the end. I did not seem to be much but as I passed 1st time maybe it was all I needed, I can only tell you my experience. They have just revamped the part 2 training with a new workbook & DVD's but have not seem these. The fact that they are reviewing what the do & updating it should be seem as a plus though.
Just started the part 3 training & was a bit concerned after watching the only DVD as I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the training(20hrs 1-1). It all seems to be focused on the PST's & passing the part 3 but the workbook & support info they provided looked good. Written examples of intros, lesson plans, suggested talk through & a write on wipe of presenter for briefings for all the PSt's was a good start. However, like with part 2 they have just produced 5 new DVD's & a new workbook for part 3(£38 for 6 months hire). I received these last week & I think they are great. The DVD's show an example of every lesson you will get so you can watch it & prepare before hand, & the workbook shows how the pupil in the DVD has been marked with comments from the instructor. This has filled the gap of not knowing what to expect from the practical part 3 training.
The fact that these have come out shows that they are not going to stand still & are looking for ways to improve, which from looking at the posts for some of the others is not always the case.
I know it may sound like the paid me to write this post but I can only say as I find.

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#39 07-02-07 19:35:12

davidellis754

I have now started the training with LDC and am working my way through Binder 1. I was expecting to kick off with the theory and hazard training, should I just fit these in as I go? or do I have to wait until I'm told once i've reached a certain point?

Cheers, Dave.

#40 07-02-07 22:35:29

G
Verified Member
Website

I found it quite difficult to wait for them to tell me when to move on but it is worth waiting. The knowledge you soak up in binder 1 will help you all the way through so keep at it. I could not resist trying the hazard perception DVD quite early which is fine but make sure you don't use up all the clips as second time around you remember the hazards & start looking for them which defeats the object.
A tip I was given for HP was to click when you would look in the mirror if you were driving then click again if the situation changes. Are you using the LDC forum as I also found this quite useful. Good luck with you training & if you have any questions you want to run by me PM me & I will try & help if I can.
G

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#41 08-02-07 16:10:43

davidellis754

Thanks for the advise, yes I have also started using the LDC forum.

#42 02-05-07 07:44:06

chezmonster

I have just applied to start my training with them so really pleased to read the positive responses  smile

nextgenuserbar.gif

#43 15-05-07 23:41:10

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Chez

When you begin your training with LDC, log into the forum. The forum is for LDC students only so everyone knows exactly what each other is facing. That doesn't mean you can't come to this forum too as you have found it can be very useful to you.

#44 12-06-07 22:38:47

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

has anyone trained or working for these

as website looks ok for training

what do u all think

http://www.learnerdriving.com/

em xx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#45 12-06-07 23:05:32

jonks

#46 12-06-07 23:22:52

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Hi Emma

LDC training is excellent and in my opinion is arguably one of the best packages you will find. The tutors are all LDC trained and ORDIT registered and as a tutor i can vouch for the quality of that training. The training materials are well structured, easy to follow and easy to understand. The support from the training dept and head office is impeccable. There are a few LDC instructors/PDI's within this forum and i'm positive when they see this post they will give as favourable an opinion as i have. Even if you searched this forum on every topic regarding LDC you will find that every LDC representative has taken every opportunity to praise the training and the franchise. This is not done for LDC's benefit, as we don't benefit directly as individuals when anyone joins. We do it because we know how important the training is to anyone looking to become a driving instructor that we feel we have a duty to our future colleagues to help them chose a quality trainer.

#47 12-06-07 23:34:20

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

i have aranged a interview with them so we can chat about it
i have booked my theroy test hope they will be ok with it

em xx

x emma x

#48 12-06-07 23:37:18

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks doc for the advice

i need as much as i can get at this stage
i have done a online application so hope to hear from then soon

em xx

x emma x

#49 12-06-07 23:44:17

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Hi Emma
I had already replied to your original post only to find Jonks had directed you here. (clever boy that Jonks smile)

#50 12-06-07 23:47:19

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

lol yer i see that

no worrys

x emma x

Board footer