You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-06-06 21:46:49

jonks

Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

http://www.learnerdriving.com/ADI/adi.html  Tel: 0800 1970010

If you are training or have trained in the past with this company, please tell us your opinions of the training and service you received.

Please be responsible about what you post. If you had a bad experience then by all means tell us what happened, but do so responsibly. This section is not about defaming any company.

The opinions below do not represent the opinions of Driver Training Today.

13-06-06 21:46:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

#2 15-06-06 19:30:44

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

i trained with LDC and had no problems at all with them during and after training i worked with them on a franchise until earlier this year when decided to move on and go alone

#3 18-06-06 05:11:22

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I did all my training with LDC, and i am now just coming to the end of my 3rd year with them.
I had a lot of support with them, and have recently been getting a nice amount of work from them.
They have 2 more instructors being trained up in my area, at the moment, and 1 of them comes out with me once a week. He tells me how good his training is too.

#4 18-06-06 07:04:26

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

I was trained by LDC but went indy on qualification.

Great training but not enough of it in the standard package for part 3. You are taught to pass the PSTs, not to become an instructor.

I would recommend them but arrange extra lessons directly with your instructor before taking part 3.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#5 18-06-06 07:39:17

Carl

I trained with LDC back in 1997/1998. Couldn't fault the training materials for part 1, lots of help and support throughout the training. Only problem I had was my trainer lived 60+ miles away so had to do the training in 3 hour sessions which, following a 90 minute drive either way, left me feeling extremenly drained.

Couldn't fault the trainer though, he helped me a lot when I needed it and gave me a kick in the arse when I felt like giving it all up. He's now running a B & B in Spain big_smile

Been with the franchise 4 times now, just finished my 4th time. The franchise does need a bit of a rethink as I felt very much on my own. I wasn't getting much work through head office and my calls/emails went unanswered. I know they aren't well known in my area and I would hope that they would do more to help the 2 instructors here to promote. But sadly not.

I would recommend them for training though.

Carl

#6 18-06-06 19:04:41

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

I have just qualified after training with LDC. I found them a great company, the training materials were good and the support was there if I needed it.  All my training for parts 2 and 3 was 1 to 1 and I really enjoyed each session.  I am on a franchise with them now and so far I am happy with the package, I am getting some work through the office and many enquiries direct to me from their website.

Given my time again I would train with them again. I got exactly what was promised. big_smile

#7 19-06-06 05:07:50

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I too had to drive 50 miles to see trainer for 3 hrs, and i could only go once a month.
He is probably the same one that carl had, as he too has gone to spain.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 19-06-06 06:22:49

Carl

He is probably the same one that carl had, as he too has gone to spain.

My training was done in Norwich with Alan

Carl

#9 19-06-06 12:14:39

Sledge
Verified Member
Website

I too trained with LDC. Found the training and support very good, even though I passed all 3 parts first time I do agree that there could have been more training for part 3 and not just consentrating on PST's

Didn't go on franchise, went Indy on qualifying

Paul

Smiling is contagious!!!

http://www.drivensom.co.uk/

#10 20-06-06 04:59:10

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

My trainer was MIck from Dudley, but thinking about it now he went to spain to run a bar, 12months ago now.

#11 15-08-06 08:20:24

Novice

Part 1 with LDC was great The structure really lead to success but I did put in a lot of work. 

Part 2 started off badly I was told by trainer ready for test but got 16 faults!!!!!  Most of them I didnt know were faults?

Changed trainer and it was a different story - good training

Part 3 - sent back to original trainer who knew I had complained about him- not good. had 3 sessions and packed it in as training consisted of doing basically a mocktest and being told where I went wrong.

Took a trainee licence which LDC sponsored even though only 9 hrs at part 3 I was told parts 1 & 2 counted towards the 40 hrs??????

Passed with no extra training after self teaching with two 4s at second attempt

#12 15-08-06 13:11:30

luchell

The part one and two DO NOT count towards your compulsory 40 hours for a pink licence. Sounds like you had fun there.

#13 15-08-06 14:27:01

Novice

I know that now but I  didnt know it  then and I trusted them to tell me the truth. They probably just wanted the franchise fee.

#14 15-08-06 20:17:17

la.monikita
Verified Member

hi novice, welcome to the forum.

how long ago since you have qualified? are you an indie or working for someone? smile

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#15 16-08-06 09:40:39

Novice

8 months since I got my green badge. Working with BSM now as LDC didnt get me enough work. Will probably go inde next - You can see I am new (stupid)  :oi have posted this e;asewhere by accident neutral

#16 16-08-06 09:47:28

la.monikita
Verified Member

you have an interesting email address, care to explain? :police:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#17 16-08-06 14:24:30

Carl

Would this be the same "Jane" who sings the praises of Letdrive on another forum?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#18 06-09-06 17:33:14

Macca
Verified Member

8 months since I got my green badge. Working with BSM now as LDC didnt get me enough work. Will probably go inde next - You can see I am new (stupid)  :oi have posted this e;asewhere by accident neutral

Novice
If the above is true and you are working with BSM why is your Profile email jane.taylor@letsdrive.com (i.e. Jane Taylor the head of ADI training at LetsDrive/Red driving school)?

#19 06-09-06 19:40:04

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

Novice wrote:

Novice
If the above is true and you are working with BSM why is your Profile email jane.taylor@letsdrive.com (i.e. Jane Taylor the head of ADI training at LetsDrive)?

If true, it just goes to show how unscrupulous many of the ADI training companies are. Macca, are you going to identify yourself and the company you work for?

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#20 28-09-06 13:27:16

yozzer
Verified Member

Just a bit of extra info about LDC.    I was looking at potential sponsors for a pink and so contacted LDC.

However it is their policy that they won't sponsor you on a pink unless you have had a first (obviously failed) attempt at part 3.  :x   This applies to people they train also.

No way would I be pressured into wasting a part 3 attempt just to get pink from them.

And tbh if I 'had a go' (and passed) I would go indy anyway..........

Still.......I have the nice glossy brochure they sent - full of the benefits of learning to drive with them.  :?

#21 17-10-06 19:50:08

Phil
Verified Member
Website

The franchise does need a bit of a rethink as I felt very much on my own. I wasn't getting much work through head office and my calls/emails went unanswered.

I trained with LDC & I'm currently on a franchise with them. I liked the training, although I had to drive 45 miles for it, but it was worth it as the trainer (Mario, in Thornaby-on-Tees) is very good.

However the franchise is not so good, as I never hear from the office, & for the most of the summer have been doing an average of 20 hours a week. I have also sounded a bit clueless recently, when people (1 pupil, & another local instructor) have told me about new LDC products, about which I know nothing! Today I have discovered that the email facility through the website is not working, so perhaps that is why I've had no email enquiries for the past 3 months.

I'm now looking at other franchises, & expect to make the jump soon.

Phil

LDC Approved Driving Instructor

#22 19-10-06 15:31:12

Macca
Verified Member

Just a bit of extra info about LDC.    I was looking at potential sponsors for a pink and so contacted LDC.

However it is their policy that they won't sponsor you on a pink unless you have had a first (obviously failed) attempt at part 3.  :x   This applies to people they train also.

No way would I be pressured into wasting a part 3 attempt just to get pink from them.

And tbh if I 'had a go' (and passed) I would go indy anyway..........

Still.......I have the nice glossy brochure they sent - full of the benefits of learning to drive with them.  :?

Hi

According to Pat Firth the training manager at LDC they are trying to protect the public from poor/incompetent instruction by insisting that anyone not trained by LDC who wants to go on a pink license with the LDC school has got to have had at least one attempt at part 3 so that they can be sure the student has had all their basic instructional training and is reasonably competent by looking at the result of that first attempt. Irrespective of this the outside student would also need to be assesssed by an LDC tutor and attend a training course to learn the LDC tuition system at a cost £400 before they can start.

Equally, all LDC students must complete the whole training programme before they can go on a trainee license with LDC and as a consequence it would normally make sense to take an attempt at part three because if they pass there is no need for a pink license at all. However, if the test date was well after the student had completed the whole course it is not necessary for the student to have an attempt before joining them on a pink license. Therefore it is LDCs desire to see that the student has completed their training and has reached a certain mininmum standard before letting them loose on the public that dictates LDCs policy in this regards.

#23 19-10-06 18:14:14

luchell

I have to go with Dimmy on this one in that the part three is not something you want to be having a go at to check the result, i wouldn't say it's the greatest of ideas to make a trainee who would like to join you on a pink licence take a part three then have a look at their results  yikes Thats exactly what we often go against here when someone says they will take one just to see how they are getting on. Replies are mostly along the lines of each attempt is FAR too precious to waste  neutral

#24 22-10-06 15:37:12

Macca
Verified Member

I think the point is you should not have to rely on the Trainee license to pass the part 3 - the training course provided should be adequate.

Many training organisations training for part 3 is so appallingly inadequate that the only chance they have of passing part 3 is if they take out a trainee license and buy extra training. This can be seen from the many posts on this forum where they only passed part 3 as a result of their own incredible efforts after taking out a trainee license/extra training.

#25 26-10-06 09:46:19

Phil
Verified Member
Website

Having trained with LDC, I am in full agreement with them on only going on a pink after the first attempt at Part 3. If you pass, there is no need to pay the £200 for the pink. Also, if you go on the pink first, you will only have time in that six months for your first & second attempts at Part 3 before you have to tell your pupils you can't take money from them any more (& for most PDIs, effectively stop teaching).

Phil

LDC Approved Driving Instructor

Board footer