You are not logged in.

#1 07-06-06 12:04:29

Jewels

Had a scary moment yesterday

Jeez proper crapped myself. Was driving down a road last night, speed limits about 40 but I'm going 35ish coz theres this big arctic lorry in front off me so I decided to keep well back. Good job I did though innit coz next thing I know theres this massive bang and these metal pipes come flying off into middle of the road, then sommat else comes flying off. Had to do a bit of dodging coz I had this car up my backside but I couldn't believe the person who was driving the lorry, he just drove off I would of thought he might of noticed and stopped as I didn't have a clue what it was. Anyway I was gonna go the same way as him but thought if bits are falling off I'm off a diffrent way, well out of there I was.
Shocked me a bit though.

07-06-06 12:04:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Had a scary moment yesterday

#2 07-06-06 12:46:02

msdarcy721

crikey

glad you're ok hun. and you managed to avoid the various things falling out of the lorry. yikes.

may be the guy didn't realise what had fallen from his lorry? did ya manage to call the :police: ?

#3 07-06-06 13:44:02

Jewels

No theres a garage near & the blokes came out so I presume they sorted it out.

#4 07-06-06 20:11:34

juke
Verified Member

Hi jewels glad to here you are ok. It reminds me of when I was following a tractor and trailer, he had the big round bales of hay on the trailer. I kept well back because it was swaying a bit, as he went round the corner the bales fell off, if i had been close or there had been another car coming the other way it could have been very nasty, also we could not move them and had to wait for the farmer.

Juke

#5 08-06-06 20:05:10

den676
Verified Member

Not surprised he didn't notice the stuff fell off.  yikes

Sometimes wonder how some truck drivers pass their test.  :?

Been forced off the road by truck drivers in the past, now thats scary, some of em don't care.  :evil:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 09-06-06 10:49:59

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Hi Jewels. The lorry driver probably did a runner so not to get done for an insecure load.

My cousin had a lucky escape on the motorway , when a lorry in front of him lost its load of roller shutter doors. One of them actually bounced on to his bonnet and rolled over the roof. This lorry driver legged it to.

Would be intresting to here the drivers excuses when they arrive with half the load missing wouldn't it

kjs

Board footer