You are not logged in.

#1 05-06-06 08:32:40

Elfie
Verified Member

Claiming for Training Fees

Hello,
I've recently passed part three and was wondering if anyone has ever claimed tax for training fees to become a driving instructor?
My accountant is looking into it for me, but any advise would be appreciated !

Thank you.

05-06-06 08:32:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Claiming for Training Fees

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-06-06 09:11:25

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi Elfie,
   We looked into this a number of years ago and were told by the I.R. that it was not admissable as it was training prior to starting self employment,any extra training undertaken and paid for for instance to pass part 3 if you started on a pink licence could be claimed for or any training afterwards but not the initial training retrospectively,the comparison given by the I.R. was that students now pay tuition fees and could reclaim them retrospectively against tax if this was allowed and they were not allowed to, just imagine how much less tax they would be getting in that case!

hope that helps
Sue

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

#3 05-06-06 17:20:01

Elfie
Verified Member

Thanks Sue for the info,
Not what I wanted to hear but thought that would be the case!.
Cheers!

Board footer