You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-08-04 14:16:07

alys
Website

"Interview" with an ex-LDC student

I asked MrBassMan a few questions in PM as I am now training with LDC and he has just finished, he suggested putting the answers on the forum and I have done so as I feel the info is very useful.

> What did you think about the LDC training now you have completed it?
I was very pleased with it although a had a couple of minor gripes along the way. The main gripe was the fact that you had to pay extra for the part 3 videos. Despite what they say, the part 3 pass rate of below 30% nationally means we need all the help we can get, denying these videos are essential is false economy when compared to reproduction costs as they have to pay for extra tuition if you fail.

My trainer was excellent; although with hindsite and after seeing other training materials, more emphasis could be placed on fault analysis and remedial action. I felt much of my part 3 training was spent on fault identification. Brian Stratton's book "Core competencies made easy" was invaluble for me - it's worth getting a copy. There is a strong arguement that you cannot analyse and rectify a fault unless you see it first. If this is the reason for the bias in the lessons on fault identification, perhaps 20 hours in-car tuition is not enough? I don't know the answer to this.

> And can I be cheeky and ask why you decided not to take up their franchise option?
Is L2P your own school?
Partly the setup cost (induction course costs) but mostly because I am not afraid of running my own business as I have run my own limited company (a computer consultancy) for the last 15 years. I do not need a full diary straight away as I can overlap the computer business until I build up pupils. If I was not in this situation, I would have gone for the franchise as the running costs look very good. L2P is my own school - I was fortunate to get the domain name which decided the school name.

> I think I saw in a forum somewhere that you set up your site before you passed - how did this go in getting your diary going?
I have been getting at least one good lead a week from the site. Up until now I had been passing them to my training partner who has gone on a trainee license. So far this week I have had two good enquiries from the site, one looks like going ahead. I also have a couple of kids in a Scout & Guide band (I am a Scout leader) who will be starting with me next week.

> Hope you don't mind me picking your brains!!!!
Not at all - I hope it helps.

Thanks MrBassMan!

Alys

Alys smile

18-08-04 14:16:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: "Interview" with an ex-LDC student

#2 28-08-04 15:58:18

jonks

Re: "Interview" with an ex-LDC student

Very useful. thank you!  smile