You are not logged in.

#1 29-05-06 19:40:29

Jellybean
Verified Member

Renault Clio

Have eventually found the right car.  At least I hope so as I have definitely purchased it.  All I need now are dual controls.

It is a Renault Clio  5 Door Hatch 1.2 16v Expression plus.

So if there is anyone with duals they which to get rid of please pm me.

Jellybean big_smile

29-05-06 19:40:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Renault Clio

#2 29-05-06 22:59:20

luchell

Im waiting on my dealer to remove my clios duals dont know if they will fit yours, mine are for clio with a/c and mines a diesel dont know if that means slightly different duals. as soon as i have them back i will get the number thingy off the brake pedal then you could phone up and see if they would be conmpatible. Ive only had then 5 months cost 400 new.

Is yours a cable OR hydrolic clutch if the latter they wont fit as mine are for the models with the cable clutch

#3 29-05-06 23:17:33

Jellybean
Verified Member

Don't know which type of clutch it is.  I will ring up tomorrow and ask.  Apparently the one I have has had a/c etc added as extras.  So not really sure what difference that makes. 

I have seen a pair on ebay and the number on those is 79J.  But I won't be any wiser until I ring he-man.  Can you get your mechanic chappie to check the number?

Jellybean

#4 29-05-06 23:51:13

luchell

Yes i will ring tomorrow, what reg is yours if it is brand new i dont think the clutch is correct. ill see if they have removed them, theyve had a week!!!!!!!!!! If not hopefully they can find the number smile

#5 30-05-06 10:18:35

Jellybean
Verified Member

Registration is September 02 so is a 52 registration number.

Jellybean

#6 30-05-06 10:23:00

luchell

oh so was mine, thats promising. We both have Cable clutches on those then and yours has air con? Mine should fit yours without a problem. Just going to attempt to phone dealer see if they can get the number from the brake pedal!

#7 30-05-06 23:47:45

yeah_and_man

Should have bought the japanese car for reliability, I'm selling hardly used He-Man duals and speedo off 53 plate Yaris for £50! wink

#8 31-05-06 00:15:38

luchell

Have you put up a seperate for sale post see if anyone wants yours? smile

As for my clio duals no longer available. gues what the dealer did?????? Sold the car on without removing the blooming things even though i asked tons of times with no problems.

After what was surprisingly a pleasent conversation they are sending me a cheque for 150 pounds so that worked out better than selling them plus less hassle lol

#9 31-05-06 17:14:27

yeah_and_man

Yes sir-eeeee, already listed! wink

Sounds like you got a right result! :notworthy:

Not so lucky for Jellybean. :banghead:

Must be Karma, something good happens etc...  :?

#10 31-05-06 20:38:49

markA.d.I

Bad Karma man ...... we dont need it Earl !

#11 02-06-06 12:43:17

Dom
Verified Member
Website

Jelly bean
i will have a pair coming out of my clio but not till july they are from a 1.2 expression a/c petrol o3 model don't know if thats any help
Dom

#12 04-06-06 18:42:21

Jellybean
Verified Member

Thanks but I need them now.  I pick the car up on Wednesday.

Jellybean

#13 04-06-06 19:05:21

sparkle

He-man delivery very quickly, give them a call tomorrow..search google for number

#14 04-06-06 19:12:18

luchell

You are looking to pay 398 like i did for mine 5 months ago however. they are expensive if you dont have the funds. It costs me 120 to get mine fitted and that was cheap neutral

#15 04-06-06 19:53:45

sparkle

Yep i paid in all about 350 i think for he man ONE brake for my clio automatic!!! thats inc fitting..bloomin expensive job getting duals :x

#16 04-06-06 20:33:44

Jellybean
Verified Member

I rang he-man for information on a set that were on ebay.  There is a local guy and he quoted £100+vat.  The ebay set ran out of time last night and I had forgotton to ring home to get them to check.  I was in Nottingham with my youngest at a canoe race so nothing much I could do about it. 

Anyway to cut a long story short I didn't win the set on ebay (so cross with myself) But my son was doing so well in the racing and the weather was so good.  (Mostly rains or snows when we go to the National Water Centre and certainly always windy - gales) That it never crossed my mind to get someone at home to push the bid up, much lower than I would have bid only £56 + postage.  Never mind it was not meant to be.

But when I spoke to the he-man man last week he said he would put a set in for £250 inclusive they are second hand.  My guess is he has a set available from somewhere, so I will ring him tomorrow and see what I can do, otherwise the garage quoted £450 - bit high that for the cash flow at the moment, or should I say lack of it as I still have the insurance to pay out for.

Thanks for all the help folks but its what you expect from this forum and you always get it.

Jellybean big_smile

Board footer